Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Janoris Jenkins visiting Colts next week

chad72

I prefer they take the Nose Guard from Washington Alameda Ta’amu if he's still there.

Why on earth make such a reach at our 34th pick? There will be plenty of talent there, and we've already signed a NT. We can address it later on, this draft is ONLY about drafting BPA with our needs.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it people. How many of you know someone who is a good person but has made some bad choices in their life. People can grow up lol. Maybe the colts FO just wanted to actually meet him b4 judging him.... Not saying he is a good guy, just not saying he isn't.

This is one those debates that can go back and forth for ever. The way I see it, if the colts FO feel the interviews go well then its a no brainer draft him, but if they are uncertain then they just have to wait and see whos left on the board come the start of day 2 of the draft (if theres no one they are comfortable with) trade back and pick up another mid to late round pic.

Think about it people. How many of you know someone who is a good person but has made some bad choices in their life. People can grow up lol.

Maybe.

Of course the people I was thinking of didn't grow up at age 21 (it was much later) and they wouldn't have with millions of dollars.

Think about it people. How many of you know someone who is a good person but has made some bad choices in their life. People can grow up lol. Maybe the colts FO just wanted to actually meet him b4 judging him.... Not saying he is a good guy, just not saying he isn't.

People are so "willing" to spend another man's money,

Dude is an *.... pre $$$$$$ ... And so many of you want to give this dude any kinda cheez. Really?

The way I see it, if he >>>s up to bad we can trade him for some value of some sort. lets not all forget Marvin Harrison had his issues and we stuck by him and that was over a shooting with HIS gun, what I am saying is if the kid was in his thirties and still doing this THEN I would be less likely to take him because if your not done doing that by your thirties thats a pretty good sign your not stopping anytime soon, the kid is in his early twenties, he has alot of growing up to do, we have veteran leadership on this team, reggie wayne, cory redding, that young of talent can grow up and mature

So, is the perfect world scenario that, this guy that it seems a lot of people are saying possesses top 15 1st round CB talent, was an immature * up in college, but somehow, miraculously, with his career on the line, does an about face, matures and puts his troubles behind him, but still drops to the Colts in the 2nd,, they choose him, indeed he plays to elite 1st round talent level, and never has any attitude troubles during his career.

Hey, it's coming up to draft time, the time of hopes and dreams and high expectations. If the kid interviews well to set minds at ease about his maturing and putting his troubles behind him, is as good as people say, then I'd be all for getting an elite CB talent in the 2nd round.

Maybe.

Of course the people I was thinking of didn't grow up at age 21 (it was much later) and they wouldn't have with millions of dollars.

I know what you mean.... that may be the conclusion the FO came to after meeting him.

Dude is an *.... pre $$$$$$ ... And so many of you want to give this dude any kinda cheez. Really?

I never said I would draft him or was "willing" to pay him my own or Jim's money. Just saying I would not judge him without meeting him like so many of you seem to do. There have been quite a few players to come out of college with off field issues that end up turning into role models. On the other hand, there are plenty that shoot themselves in the leg at a night club....

I still don't take him without a plan in place. Meaning something of a mentor...maybe not even a player but an assistant with playing experience to work with the kid...get on his level..perhaps a personal assistant to keep him out of trouble. Players would all have to look out for him. If he has changed and had a good interview and you have something like that in place he is definately worthy of the pick.

If we are really talking about employing people to 'look after him' or expect vets to keep him on the straight and narrow, then that tells me he's not the kind of person we want in the locker room.

And if we are putting all our hopes in an 'interview' then I despair...

Body swerve this guy at all costs.

If we are really talking about employing people to 'look after him' or expect vets to keep him on the straight and narrow, then that tells me he's not the kind of person we want in the locker room.

And if we are putting all our hopes in an 'interview' then I despair...

Body swerve this guy at all costs.

hes young hes got growing up to do

Well, there was I believe 2 busts for weed, and then 2 arrests for fights/fighting. He got in a lot of fights in south florida. I spent a good amount of time in Florida when I was growing up in the 90's (parents had a place there), and it was pretty dangerous. It's probably better today, but still pretty bad.

I grew up there too, Pembroke Pines/Hollywood was kinda bad but I was a little kid that didn't really care. Then moved west near Cooper City because my mom didn't want me going to high school in Hollywood.(great call, that HS had a race riot the year before and there was a prostitution ring that was busted, lol)

My bet is its worse

I am more concerned with him hiding things from his coaching staff (like his kids) than the fact he has kids or he did drugs. If he isn't honest and an open book and ready to make a change for the positive than I avoid him too. However, if he seems contrite and honest and up front about everything and ready to make a positive change in his life I think he is worth the pick. That said we still have to have a personal assistant for him almost to keep an eye and keep him out of trouble and have players in place ready to show this kid the ropes on how to be successful in this league and avoid trouble.

We are a football team , not foster parents. The lad may well sort himself out. But it is not worth risking such a high pick on him. Especially, like all draftee's, when he is an unknown quantity anyway.

explain unknown quantity

Ask the Cowboys how that worked out with Moss. What someone does in their personal time is non of my concern as long as it doesnt affect their game. If Jenkins shows up to work every day then performs on Sunday, he can have 34 kids for all I care.

Ask the Cowboys how that worked out with Moss. What someone does in their personal time is non of my concern as long as it doesnt affect their game. If Jenkins shows up to work every day then performs on Sunday, he can have 34 kids for all I care.

Cowboy's ... Moss... ???

oh... and if, if, if, if, if, if, if,.................

and if.... sigh...

No matter what player is drafted, there'll be an if, John Dee. If he's able to continue his high college level in the NFL. If he stays healthy. If he stays out of trouble. If he fits the scheme... And so on. Its almost always a gamble, and some times it pays of, some times it doesn't, but they have to take risks in order to succeed, because there's no safe pick.

No matter what player is drafted, there'll be an if, John Dee. If he's able to continue his high college level in the NFL. If he stays healthy. If he stays out of trouble. If he fits the scheme... And so on. Its almost always a gamble, and some times it pays of, some times it doesn't, but they have to take risks in order to succeed, because there's no safe pick.

Exactly!

And you do not double the risk by taking on a player with questionable character.

If the talent is twice as good it adds up. And if available at 34th, he will be BPA without a doubt. But I see your worries... He's just too good to pass on with our needs and his talent. Our FO will evaluate him properly, I believe, and if they pass on him, we know he failed.

Cowboy's ... Moss... ???

oh... and if, if, if, if, if, if, if,.................

and if.... sigh...

Yeah Cowboys needed a receiver and selected a DE Greg Ellis cause of Moss's character problems. Of course Ellis was a bust and Moss became one of the greatest wrs of all time.

I'm okay with taking a risk on him at the 34th because he is that good. I take that risk from his talent alone, nothing else. To all the people saying, "He's young, give him a chance to mature!" think about what you're saying for a second. This isn't millions of dollars we're talking about. This a wasted second round pick in a draft we need to do well in. Don't buy into the idea of getting anything near close to the value of the second pick if we have to trade to get rid of him due to off-field issues. Maybe coaches can groom him, maybe players can support him, maybe Indy is better than South Florida for him, OR maybe he'll welcome himself to Indy by partying it up and getting into more fights and arrests for possession. I'm just saying, it works both ways. :P

Yeah Cowboys needed a receiver and selected a DE Greg Ellis cause of Moss's character problems. Of course Ellis was a bust and Moss became one of the greatest wrs of all time.

who was sent packing by his first team, his second team, his third team, his.......

Seriously.. Moss got in a HS fight defending a friend and failed ONE tick test... ONE, he got the message and didn't fail another.

Comparing Moss to Jenkins is not close. Add JJ's truly irresponsible personal life and I would not touch his child with a ten foot pole.

Oh and failing "a" tick test and getting "arrested 2x" are very different animals....

The 34th pick last year got $3.3 million in guarunteed, and a total contract of 4 years, $5.37 million. Tha't a lot of temptation money, bad decision cash. I agree with you. No thanks.

Your really going to question the talent of Randy Moss? really?

are you really going to respond to my post with a bullshat question? really? i obv did not question his talent, but the fact is he wears out his welcome everywhere he goes despite his talent...because he's a pain in the butt.

I guess you where never a fan to begin with

Not exactly. If we wanted to root for bone thugs n harmony we would have been fans of the Bengals. Most people route for the Colts because of the fact they run a clean organization, win games, and play a brand of football people are proud of. If we was to field a team full of druggy/thugs that beat their wives and in trouble with the law all the time I wouldn't be a fan either until we cleaned it up. I'm not going to let my kids watch and be fans of a team that plays the wrong way and look up to players that may have talent but are a horrible to the public and society. There are lots of reasons to be a Colts fan but just because we won't support the Colts for life no matter what doesn't make us any less fans. That just means those that do have got messed up priorities in life.