Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Janoris Jenkins visiting Colts next week

chad72

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fleener isn't there at 34, I'd love to have Jenkins. He's coming to Indy, where there isn't much crime, well at least that's the case compared to Miami and south Florida. I think he'll stay out of trouble.

Remember, he's still a 1st round talent, just not the greatest attitude. Good to see him working out, and having interviews with the Colts.

If Fleener isn't there at 34, I'd love to have Jenkins. He's coming to Indy, where there isn't much crime, well at least that's the case compared to Miami and south Florida. I think he'll stay out of trouble.

Remember, he's still a 1st round talent, just not the greatest attitude. Good to see him working out, and having interviews with the Colts.

quite honestly Ill take him in the second over Fleener cause its a bigger need, and we can get Charles later, I like Fleener but I get the feeling some are thinking he will be the next Gronkowski or something, I seem him as a Jacob Tamme type can catch and run some and be a red zone threat but not like a Gronkowski or Gonzales

I'd wouldn't be too worried about the crime (I think he kept getting busted for weed, right?).

The guy has 4 kids by 3 women, he'll probably owe his bonus in back child support payments. He's first round talent, sure, but very immature.

we can just take chase minniefield in the third. we need a TE

I dont know about you but I dont want another developmental corner, we have all kinds of them chase isnt even in the discussion compared to the others

I'd wouldn't be too worried about the crime (I think he kept getting busted for weed, right?).

The guy has 4 kids by 3 women, he'll probably owe his bonus in back child support payments. He's first round talent, sure, but very immature.

Well, there was I believe 2 busts for weed, and then 2 arrests for fights/fighting. He got in a lot of fights in south florida. I spent a good amount of time in Florida when I was growing up in the 90's (parents had a place there), and it was pretty dangerous. It's probably better today, but still pretty bad.

quite honestly Ill take him in the second over Fleener cause its a bigger need, and we can get Charles later, I like Fleener but I get the feeling some are thinking he will be the next Gronkowski or something, I seem him as a Jacob Tamme type can catch and run some and be a red zone threat but not like a Gronkowski or Gonzales

We can argue all day over what's the bigger need, but I personally think it's TE.

we can just take chase minniefield in the third. we need a TE

With the way it's going now, Minnifield could definitely end up going in the 4th round. That knee injury is killing his stock.

Well, there was I believe 2 busts for weed, and then 2 arrests for fights/fighting. He got in a lot of fights in south florida. I spent a good amount of time in Florida when I was growing up in the 90's (parents had a place there), and it was pretty dangerous. It's probably better today, but still pretty bad.

Sounds like he's very talented, but extremely immature. It's times like this I wish we still had Dungy, he could take a guy like Jenkins and put him on the right path.

With the way it's going now, Minnifield could definitely end up going in the 4th round. That knee injury is killing his stock.

probably is hurting his stock but that would be another reason not to take him that high even in the 4th, he isnt talked about to much like the others and I am sure Jenkins will be their for us for the taking

I agree I would much rather get CB Janoris Jenkins with the 2nd and then maybe TE Orson Charles in the 3rd after a trade down if possible. I actually think Orson Charles will be a better NFL TE than Fleener. Plus I love Jenkins ability to shut down WRs if Pagano can keep him in line.

I agree I would much rather get CB Janoris Jenkins with the 2nd and then maybe TE Orson Charles in the 3rd after a trade down if possible. I actually think Orson Charles will be a better NFL TE than Fleener. Plus I love Jenkins ability to shut down WRs if Pagano can keep him in line.

I havent studied Charles but honestly if he is even Jacob Tamme like then he will be solid not elite but a threat none the less, if we go wide receiver in the third we can get streeter, then Ta'amu in the fourth and Charles in the 5th, Im not spendin another 14 years cussin at the screen cause we get thrown on and cant make a worth while tackle on 3rd down and forever OR cant even force many 3rd down and forevers

So is his film

You mean this film, a film where it shows Minnifield absolutely shutting Stephen Hill (the first round prospect) down and getting a pick on him. It also shows his good tackling skills.

Minnifield plays man-to-man, plays press, good instincts and he has good tackling skills. That's the guy Pagano wants as it fits his system. I've always loved Minnifield, but that knee injury killed his stock and could be a blessing for us. We could snag him in the 4th and never look back. Like him or not, he has talent, perhaps even 2nd round talent.

I wouldn't go this far... I just really hope the Colts front office still values class. This guy is a piece of work.

I agree class is an excellent thing to look for in the draft but sometimes veteran leadership does the trick, valuing class over talent can be just as risky as valuing talent over class, but the reward is much greater if he accepts the leadership advice, its worth the risk, if he >>>s us all over then were in not in any worse shape then when we started, if he proves to be a bust because of his attitude maybe we can trade him for CLOSE to equal value with which we drafted him, say a 3rd rounder and maybe some money or even another 3rd rounder for the next year after next. I doubt a 2nd rounder cause thats very high

You mean this film, a film where it shows Minnifield absolutely shutting Stephen Hill (the first round prospect) down and getting a pick on him. It also shows his good tackling skills.

Minnifield plays man-to-man, plays press, good instincts and he has good tackling skills. That's the guy Pagano wants as it fits his system. I've always loved Minnifield, but that knee injury killed his stock and could be a blessing for us. We could snag him in the 4th and never look back. Like him or not, he has talent, perhaps even 2nd round talent.

Hill is overrated and so is Minnifield

ok I got to say I like Hill alot but shuttin him down and shuttin oh I dunno lets go with Andre Johnson since we see him twice a year is two separate monsters, once again I like him but Im not to impressed

I am just not a fan about this guys off-the-field issues. He just reminds me of a Adam Jones type of guy where he is really talented but had a lot of trouble off the field.

if he >>>s up to bad we can always trade him for a CLOSE to equal value that we drafted him at, probably not the exact value we draft him at or even a lesser value with some cash or something

I am just not a fan about this guys off-the-field issues. He just reminds me of a Adam Jones type of guy where he is really talented but had a lot of trouble off the field.

Camaraderie and trust among players as they bond and go to battle together is a big part of this game. Loose cannons always mess with a locker room. (see Cowboys)

I think he's a Greg Olsen type player, not close to a Gronkowski type talent. I like him at #34 because of the chemistry with Luck and the fact it's not a particularly strong TE class.

Wouldn't be bothered if we got Green or Egnew in the 4th or even Evan Rodriguez later on.