Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow-Wentz is still working with the rookies

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's a 6th round pick. Comes with lot's of caveats- most of which are whoever you get at that point is a camp body.

I get that.  But even 6th round picks can sometimes make the roster.  Or at least be developed on the PS.  Heck, we had 4 6th rounders last year and they all made the team.

Did you see the video of Ballard pulling Elhinger's name off the wall for the pick?  I think the entire room was shocked.

I wish him luck, and I would not be surprised if he looks good playing against 3rd stringers in the preseason games.  But I just don't see him developing into an NFL QB.  (I know, a lot of people said the same thing about Brady)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I get that.  But even 6th round picks can sometimes make the roster.  Or at least be developed on the PS.  Heck, we had 4 6th rounders last year and they all made the team.

Did you see the video of Ballard pulling Elhinger's name off the wall for the pick?  I think the entire room was shocked.

I wish him luck, and I would not be surprised if he looks good playing against 3rd stringers in the preseason games.  But I just don't see him developing into an NFL QB.  (I know, a lot of people said the same thing about Brady)

I didn't see the video.

He's going to get lot's of time to hang out on the PS and work on his game is my guess. Ballard probably saw a high level trait that was strong enough to justify the move.. Arm, brain, mobility- one of the three (cause it aint' size).

Given that it was a 6th, I'm okay-ish with having a QB room that's potential and not guys treading water at this point (though they might not be that either). It also probably signals that Ballard already has the kinda guys he could have found at that point to play a little special teams or be a PS body that's not a QB.

Should be an interesting side story for camp/Presnoozin' 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

It's a 6th round pick. Comes with lot's of caveats- most of which are whoever you get at that point is a camp body.

6th and 7th round picks don't excite me much when our roster is in a very good place like it is now.  When a team is rebuilding it's more important I think.  It will be hard for them to make the roster and they will be PS players most likely.  I would much rather use the picks to trade up in rounds 1-5 at this point and try to secure better prospects with them.  We will always sign a number of UDFA's to compete anyways so those picks should be used to acquire better prospects. JMO. 

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I didn't see the video.

He's going to get lot's of time to hang out on the PS and work on his game is my guess. Ballard probably saw a high level trait that was strong enough to justify the move.. Arm, brain, mobility- one of the three (cause it aint' size).

Given that it was a 6th, I'm okay-ish with having a QB room that's potential and not guys treading water at this point (though they might not be that either). It also probably signals that Ballard already has the kinda guys he could have found at that point to play a little special teams or be a PS body that's not a QB.

Should be an interesting side story for camp/Presnoozin' 

Yeah, I'm not making a big deal out of it.  I think you're right, Ballard saw mobility (which maybe they don't see in Eason) a great attitude and will to win.  He definitely took the team on his shoulders at Texas.

I also think maybe he wants a mobile guy to run the scout team the week before they play some of those types of QBs.  And, the back side of the roster is pretty well set.  There's not going to be a ton of room for new guys to make the team.

If you get a chance, watch the With The Next Pick video where he picks Ehlinger.  It looked like a spur of the moment decision to me.  Like, "Hey, what the heck, let's give him a shot!".

The vets staying to get another week in with the rookies doesn't surprise me much. It comes from the quality of the men in the Colts locker room. I think Wentz is taking a very positive step toward earning the respect of the team. Paris is showing that he has no fear of another freak injury. He may get one but he's unafraid. Pittman is smart enough to get all the reps with Carson that he can. This stuff is all good.

This is good (obviously). But it's needed. Wentz is in a new O, with new pass catchers. The pass catchers have a new QB. The passing game will more or less reset, and it's a rookie year for them. The more chemistry they can develop, the better. And we have a few that are hungry for different reasons. I'm sure Wentz is hungry for many things, but likely pushing extra hard to prove Philly fans and the media wrong. PC is working hard to prove he can stay healthy. Hilton is working hard to prove he isn't too old. Pittman is working hard to prove he can be the man and make a nice jump this year. Hoping MAC is staying too. I'm sure he wants to prove his high grades weren't a fluke, and he deserves to be a bigger part of the O.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:42 AM, richard pallo said:

6th and 7th round picks don't excite me much when our roster is in a very good place like it is now.  When a team is rebuilding it's more important I think.  It will be hard for them to make the roster and they will be PS players most likely.  I would much rather use the picks to trade up in rounds 1-5 at this point and try to secure better prospects with them.  We will always sign a number of UDFA's to compete anyways so those picks should be used to acquire better prospects. JMO. 

6th and 7th round picks can help you a little when trying to move up in rounds 4 and 5.  But that’s pretty much about it.    They won’t help much with picks in rounds 1-3.  

Im fine with late picks because I look forward to seeing what they can become after spending a year on the PS.   Sometimes you can find a gem after a year or so of development.  I think Strachan , Fries and Ehlinger all have potential after a year on the PS.   It’s like having extra picks for 2022. 

On 6/4/2021 at 1:34 PM, Wentzszn said:

Wentz, Pittman, and Campbell out there working again yesterday with the rookies. Looks like Wentz is really working with Strahan here.

94DD7FDF-6A58-477C-8D41-209532EE2721.jpeg

CAD745A7-1CE9-46AE-BA0A-0E951A0D5F0C.jpeg

327CE3B0-2CD7-4966-88F5-BA6BEA82928B.jpeg

wentz is gonna shut up a lot of critics this year .  i got the chance to watch so many of his games since he was a rookie , and he is special .   wentz is a clone of luck they play the game the same way , and a lot of wentz flaws were the same flaws luck had .  both played on bad teams and were forced to play hero ball to win games .  people forget luck was called a pick machine and only in 2018 really changed that .   in 2019 and 2018 wentz played very well throwing close to 30 tds to 7 picks with practice squad wrs and backup line men is very good .   people forget mannings 01 season how people were calling him broken throwing 4 picks and 2 pick sixes in the game were mora did his famous playoff rant .   what happened to wentz is not new and he will return to mvp form this year surpassing rivers stats and giving the colts the chance to return to super bowl favorites before luck retired .

22 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

wentz is gonna shut up a lot of critics this year .  i got the chance to watch so many of his games since he was a rookie , and he is special .   wentz is a clone of luck they play the game the same way , and a lot of wentz flaws were the same flaws luck had .  both played on bad teams and were forced to play hero ball to win games .  people forget luck was called a pick machine and only in 2018 really changed that .   in 2019 and 2018 wentz played very well throwing close to 30 tds to 7 picks with practice squad wrs and backup line men is very good .   people forget mannings 01 season how people were calling him broken throwing 4 picks and 2 pick sixes in the game were mora did his famous playoff rant .   what happened to wentz is not new and he will return to mvp form this year surpassing rivers stats and giving the colts the chance to return to super bowl favorites before luck retired .

I hope you are right. From my eye test I have never thought Wentz was as good as Luck was. Luck was very good to great from the start in his rookie season taking a 2-14 team to 11-5 with no running game. He led the Colts to 10 wins or more 4 times and won 4 playoff games. I think people forget how good Luck was and are still upset at the way he retired.

Last season Rivers threw for 4169 yards, completed 68% of his passes, and had 24 TD's to just 11 INT's. Rivers had good numbers, we also went 11-5 and was competitive in our playoff game at Buffalo. We will see, for me to be convinced that Wentz will be good again, hopefully very good to great I have to see it first hand. By game #9 of the season we will all know as over 50% of the season will be completed. Through 9 games if we are 6-3 and he is putting up solid numbers then we know we have something.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope you are right. From my eye test I have never thought Wentz was as good as Luck was. Luck was very good to great from the start in his rookie season taking a 2-14 team to 11-5 with no running game. He led the Colts to 10 wins or more 4 times and won 4 playoff games. I think people forget how good Luck was and are still upset at the way he retired.

Last season Rivers threw for 4169 yards, completed 68% of his passes, and had 24 TD's to just 11 INT's. Rivers had good numbers, we also went 11-5 and was competitive in our playoff game at Buffalo. We will see, for me to be convinced that Wentz will be good again, hopefully very good to great I have to see it first hand. By game #9 of the season we will all know as over 50% of the season will be completed. Through 9 games if we are 6-3 and he is putting up solid numbers then we know we have something.

the question is how many full eagles games did you watch over wentz career?   its hard to use  the eye test with watching luck every game vs watching a handful of wentz games .   luck was good but had some hero ball flaws with picks .   there were some games we would get blown out by 30 points to  last place teams like the rams or cardinals when they were horrible . luck also threw many picks and would get attacked .   now we all know how good luck was because we watched every game and knew how bad the team was .  other people who were casual watchers would say he was overrated because of the picks or getting blown out by bad teams . i feel like its the same thing with people here going after wentz they do not have the full picture and are going by the media .   i had a chance to watch wentz since i moved to the tristate area in 2012 and got all the local philly teams and my room mates were eagles fans we had a two tv set up to watch both the colts and eagles . i was able to watch ever eagles game since wentz came into the league .   i can tell you luck and wentz are very similar in almost every area and both ran into similar problems in over thinking plays and forcing plays because of bad teams.   people forget even though the eagles had a good roster in 2017 they were the oldest roster in the league and started losing players and other players got old and the play fell off .   Add in the injuries to the eagles wrs and oline and the instability in the front office with the in  fighting between peterson and howie.  wentz will get back to that 2017 level where he was on pace for 40 touchdowns and under 10 picks .

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the question is how many full eagles games did you watch over wentz career?   its hard to use  the eye test with watching luck every game vs watching a handful of wentz games .   luck was good but had some hero ball flaws with picks .   there were some games we would get blown out by 30 points to  last place teams like the rams or cardinals when they were horrible . luck also threw many picks and would get attacked .   now we all know how good luck was because we watched every game and new how bad the team was .  other people who were casual watchers would say he was overrated because of the picks or getting blown out by bad teams . i feel like its the same thing with people here going after wentz they do not have the full picture and are going by the media .   i had a chance to watch wentz since i moved to the tristate area in 2012 and got all the local philly teams and my room mates were eagles fans we had a two tv set up to watch both the colts and eagles . i was able to watch ever eagles game since wentz came into the league .   i can tell you luck and wentz are very similar in almost every area and both ran into similar problems in over thinking plays and forcing plays because of bad teams.   people forget even though the eagles had a good roster in 2017 they were the oldest roster in the league and started losing players and other players got old and the play fell off .   Add in the injuries to the eagles wrs and oline and the instability in the front office with the in  fighting between peterson and howie.  wentz will get back to that 2017 level where he was on pace for 40 touchdowns and under 10 picks .

I never said Wentz wasn't good, I hope for the Colts sake he is as good as Luck was when Luck was here. I already said I hope you are right in your assessment and regarding me I wasn't attacking Wentz, I just said I want to see how it goes during the season before I can rate his play in a Colts uniform. He has never played a down here so nobody really knows if he will be 2017 Wentz or 2020 Wentz. It is all opinion at this point. If I had to guess I think he will play well and should fall in the category of good. We have a great O.Line and Run game so that is huge. Whether Wentz can be very good or great is anyone's guess.

By the way Peyton had several seasons where he threw several INT's like Luck had. The year Peyton won MVP in 2009 he threw 16, in 2014 when Luck threw 16 everyone piled on him eventhough we were 11-5 and went to the AFC Title Game but didn't say anything about Peyton's 16 in 2009. Luck also had 40 TD's that same season.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never said Wentz wasn't good, I hope for the Colts sake he is as good as Luck was when Luck was here. I already said I hope you are right in your assessment and regarding me I wasn't attacking Wentz, I just said I want to see how it goes during the season before I can rate his play in a Colts uniform. He has never played a down here so nobody really knows if he will be 2017 Wentz or 2020 Wentz. It is all opinion at this point. If I had to guess I think he will play well and should fall in the category of good. We have a great O.Line and Run game so that is huge. Whether Wentz can be very good or great is anyone's guess.

By the way Peyton had several seasons where he threw several INT's like Luck had. The year Peyton won MVP in 2009 he threw 16, in 2014 when Luck threw 16 everyone piled on him eventhough we were 11-5 and went to the AFC Title Game but didn't say anything about Peyton's 16 in 2009. Luck also had 40 TD's that same season.

I never thought you were saying wentz wasnt goood , my only point was about watching every game .   to often people will judge based on limited time watching a player .  Luck was carrying the colts yet i would see people bash him as overrated when they did not have the whole picture .  i feel the same way about wentz where people are not looking at the full picture of every thing that happened .   the problem with wentz is similar to aron rodgers problem with the packers .  franchise players just want the teams to talk to them about things going on .   the eagles had a toxic front office and coaching staff and it leaked into the locker room . how does a head coach not talk to his franchise QB for two months and expect to win ?  carson did not like the direction the team was going in terms of the offense and made his voice heard like peyton did here and was called selfish . when a head coach and QB are fighting and the QB is frustrated his play will go down hill . 

On 6/5/2021 at 10:44 PM, coming on strong said:

I never thought you were saying wentz wasnt goood , my only point was about watching every game .   to often people will judge based on limited time watching a player .  Luck was carrying the colts yet i would see people bash him as overrated when they did not have the whole picture .  i feel the same way about wentz where people are not looking at the full picture of every thing that happened .   the problem with wentz is similar to aron rodgers problem with the packers .  franchise players just want the teams to talk to them about things going on .   the eagles had a toxic front office and coaching staff and it leaked into the locker room . how does a head coach not talk to his franchise QB for two months and expect to win ?  carson did not like the direction the team was going in terms of the offense and made his voice heard like peyton did here and was called selfish . when a head coach and QB are fighting and the QB is frustrated his play will go down hill . 

You make an excellent case for Wentz being much better than the critics suggest. The comparison to Luck is interesting; I think Andrew Luck was a unique player whose talent and performance would have led to the Hall of Fame but for the terrible beating he took game in and game out..... a beating that ultimately broke him physically. Time will tell if Wentz is at that level, but I think the Colts and Ballard did a phenomenal job in transitioning from Luck's sudden retirement to where they are now. Wentz brings hope and a much brighter future than a Colts' fan could have expected a mere 22 months ago. Whether or not he's at Luck's level (which I doubt), Wentz is still a great addition and the QB they badly needed. I am genuinely excited about the upcoming season, an excitement I never felt with Rivers at the helm. 

29 minutes ago, Hoose said:

You make an excellent case for Wentz being much better than the critics suggest. The comparison to Luck is interesting; I think Andrew Luck was a unique player whose talent and performance would have led to the Hall of Fame but for the terrible beating he took game in and game out..... a beating that ultimately broke him physically. Time will tell if Wentz is at that level, but I think the Colts and Ballard did a phenomenal job in transitioning from Luck's sudden retirement to where they are now. Wentz brings hope and a much brighter future than a Colts' fan could have expected a mere 22 months ago. Whether or not he's at Luck's level (which I doubt), Wentz is still a great addition and the QB they badly needed. I am genuinely excited about the upcoming season, an excitement I never felt with Rivers at the helm. 

Obviously luck was way more pro ready than wentz . The mental game is where luck out does wentz . Physically they are pretty much the same with wentz having a slightly bigger arm and being more mobile .  I do think wentz is very smart still , and at times out smarts himself like luck did . They both if they saw something would go against their progressions .  I remember luck getting chewed out on grudens QB school for doing that . 

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, Shive said:

You've beat this drum to death.....

stop GIF 

Nobody is asking you to buy into the PC hype, but this incessant PC negativity, that you feel the need to remind everyone of, is exhausting. The guy showed up to work when he didn't have to. Can't we just appreciate the work he's putting in in the offseason?

Showed up to work when he didn't have to???  You can put all the work in you want but at the end of the day you have to stay healthy and not fall victims of falling on your wrist, spraining your knee or breaking your collar bone!!!  WORK has nothing to do with this guys issues, it has EVERY thing to do with his FRAGILE BODY!!!  The dude has a body that can't play at this level lets just face it.  SHOW ME in yr 3 that you can play 16 games Glass Campbell!!!!

One thing I find interesting this year is how this was supposed to be a weak draft in terms of numbers and yet somehow there are players I really liked that went late across the NFL.  This may well mean that I don't know what I'm looking at.  But either way Strachan was one of the guys who stands out to me in terms of his upside for where he was taken.

Seeing him working hard with Wentz is a great look and should pay off down the road.  He's likely to be a next year type impact if he works hard and sticks.

On 7/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, BornHoosier said:

Showed up to work when he didn't have to???  You can put all the work in you want but at the end of the day you have to stay healthy and not fall victims of falling on your wrist, spraining your knee or breaking your collar bone!!!  WORK has nothing to do with this guys issues, it has EVERY thing to do with his FRAGILE BODY!!!  The dude has a body that can't play at this level lets just face it.  SHOW ME in yr 3 that you can play 16 games Glass Campbell!!!!

Before you said he had a low football IQ - that was the problem.  This says he has a fragile body.  So which is it now?

And in the previous post that you responded to it asked if we can just appreciate the work he is putting in.  I guess you don't have the ability to do that.  

On 6/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, coming on strong said:

Obviously luck was way more pro ready than wentz . The mental game is where luck out does wentz . Physically they are pretty much the same with wentz having a slightly bigger arm and being more mobile .  I do think wentz is very smart still , and at times out smarts himself like luck did . They both if they saw something would go against their progressions .  I remember luck getting chewed out on grudens QB school for doing that . 

That's where we need Reich to get Wentz in board with a system and not his gut. We have the Oline and the run game to make Carsons job one of the easiest in the league. If the playbooks good and Frank has Wentz executing we will be dangerous.

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

That's where we need Reich to get Wentz in board with a system and not his gut. We have the Oline and the run game to make Carsons job one of the easiest in the league. If the playbooks good and Frank has Wentz executing we will be dangerous.

I don’t think there is any question Reich will have Carson on board. It goes a long way when Wentz trusts Reich so much. Reich is such a good communicator and knows how to get players on board and playing their best.

I can’t believe we are only 2 weeks from camp. Damn I am so pumped I can’t contain it.  

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think there is any question Reich will have Carson on board. It goes a long way when Wentz trusts Reich so much. Reich is such a good communicator and knows how to get players on board and playing their best.

I can’t believe we are only 2 weeks from camp. Damn I am so pumped I can’t contain it.  

I know, if Paye is a true grinder like Leonard, DeFo and Nelson we are going to be a wrecking crew on D. 

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I know, if Paye is a true grinder like Leonard, DeFo and Nelson we are going to be a wrecking crew on D. 

Paye has this vibe about him. I think he is going to have a really good rookie year. I think Lewis is going to really break out too. We all were harsh when we didn’t do nothing in FA but it all made sense after the draft. I love how we got younger on the line. This year should be good but I think 22 will probably be the SB or bust yesr. Letting Wentz get a year and the dline to mature. I just hope we don’t have any bad injuries that ruin the season this year.

So Granson and Strachan working with Wentz in Houston. Also colts have a guy named Tarik  Black  there working with him.  These rookies are really putting the work in. It’s going to be a fun battle between Patmon and Strachan in TC. Granson building that chemistry with Wentz is really great too.

edit Granson must live in TX I am assuming since he went to SMU. Strachan must have a brother who plays WR. He is also working with all these guys and is the one posting all the IG stories.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So Granson and Strachan working with Wentz in Houston. Also colts have a guy named Tarik  Black  there working with him.  These rookies are really putting the work in. It’s going to be a fun battle between Patmon and Strachan in TC. Granson building that chemistry with Wentz is really great too.

edit Granson must live in TX I am assuming since he went to SMU.

Wentz for MVP, Strachan offensive ROY, Granson TE1. :dunno: Lets get hyped! :excited:

5 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

lewis is the x factor and will be starting at defensive end .  he had a very good year even though he got limited reps , he even stayed healthy for the first time since being drafted .   lewis  was a beast in the playoff game against the bills.   with 4 sacks playing as a backup and playing mostly backup on the inside line last year , with a starting role i can see 10 plus sacks easily this year .

13 hours ago, gspdx said:

Before you said he had a low football IQ - that was the problem.  This says he has a fragile body.  So which is it now?

And in the previous post that you responded to it asked if we can just appreciate the work he is putting in.  I guess you don't have the ability to do that.  

I'm really torn on PC as he could be an absolute beast if he could just remain healthy for a season but I've seen this type before.  PC has all the above, low fb IQ, fragile body and the lack of skill set to protect his body before collision, which is from lack of playing football as a LAD!!!  IU is currently in the same situation with MPJ, 3 seasons and 3 season ending injuries much like PC and I can't help but put both in the same category as FRAGILE.  History says FRAGILE and until history says otherwise we are a bunch of FOOLS to believe otherwise.  I understand some are not acceptive to this and even I try to be positive with things like putting in work but cant help to cringe when the season actually begins on these type players.  I mean c'mon, 2 or 3 straight yrs of season ending injuries and most here think this is the yr?  I would love for PC and MPJ to last an entire yr but I'm at the point of show me before I put stock in it!  Every snap will be a gasp of air for both these players but at the same time if that gasp never comes, both players could be MVP type players.  

3 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I'm really torn on PC as he could be an absolute beast if he could just remain healthy for a season but I've seen this type before.  PC has all the above, low fb IQ, fragile body and the lack of skill set to protect his body before collision, which is from lack of playing football as a LAD!!!  IU is currently in the same situation with MPJ, 3 seasons and 3 season ending injuries much like PC and I can't help but put both in the same category as FRAGILE.  History says FRAGILE and until history says otherwise we are a bunch of FOOLS to believe otherwise.  I understand some are not acceptive to this and even I try to be positive with things like putting in work but cant help to cringe when the season actually begins on these type players.  I mean c'mon, 2 or 3 straight yrs of season ending injuries and most here think this is the yr?  I would love for PC and MPJ to last an entire yr but I'm at the point of show me before I put stock in it!

Oh, Dear God.....        :facepalm:

11 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I so want to get behind this Strachan fellow but all the Deon Caine and Desmond Patmon fellows keep bringing me back to reality!!!  Any inside info on if this kid is different and has a chance to not only win the 6th spot but actually compete for the #3rd wr position on the team??  Im hearing nothing but GLOWS from this kid, much like a Julio Jones.

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

That's what both PC and MPJ should be saying right now, OH DEAR GOD!!!

I don't care that we have a difference of opinion,  but I have no idea what you're talking about.   Worse, I fear you don't either.

Michael Pittman Jr.  played in 48 games in 4 years at USC.   And 30 of them were starts.   What injury problem in college?

Parris Campbell started in 39 games in 3 years at Ohio State.   What injury problem in college?

If you want to be a frustrated fan because both have been hurt --- fine.   But at least make a better argument than the one you tried to make. 

For Campbell, you tried these....

"Low football IQ"....   You would have no way of knowing.    None.    So, don't even try.

"Fragile body."    Please,  football is a violent game.    

"Lacks a skill set to protect his body"    Get serious.   You don't want players to worry about getting hurt,  except maybe your Quarterback.     You want players who give the maximum.  

As for Pittman....   I can't make heads or tails about your comments..   The LAD?   IU?    Are you talking about Pittman or someone else,  because I can't tell and that's on you.    But your arguments are a mess and a train wreck.

4 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I so want to get behind this Strachan fellow but all the Deon Caine and Desmond Patmon fellows keep bringing me back to reality!!!  Any inside info on if this kid is different and has a chance to not only win the 6th spot but actually compete for the #3rd wr position on the team??  Im hearing nothing but GLOWS from this kid, much like a Julio Jones.

The THIRD wr spot on the team?     What?    Are?    You?    Talking?    About?

It's the pre-season,  most people are pretty optimistic this time of year,  but other than you,   who is predicting Strachan will be our 3rd WR this year?     Who?     Which writer?    Which poster here?     None that I know of.

And Hilton,  Pittman,  Campbell and Pascal will have something to say about Strachan being higher than they are.

Come on....    it's late.   

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't care that we have a difference of opinion,  but I have no idea what you're talking about.   Worse, I fear you don't either.

Michael Pittman Jr.  played in 48 games in 4 years at USC.   And 30 of them were starts.   What injury problem in college?

Parris Campbell started in 39 games in 3 years at Ohio State.   What injury problem in college?

If you want to be a frustrated fan because both have been hurt --- fine.   But at least make a better argument than the one you tried to make. 

"Low football IQ"....   You would have no way of knowing.    None.    So, don't even try.

"Lacks a skill set to protect his body"    Get serious.   You don't want players to worry about getting hurt,  except maybe your Quarterback.     You want players who give the maximum.  

As for Pittman....   I can't make heads or tails about your comments..   The LAD?   IU?    Are you talking about Pittman or someone else,  because I can't tell and that's on you.    But your arguments are a mess and a train wreck.

MPJr = Michael Penix Jr out of IU so sorry to confuse you as I was just comparing two Fragile players!!!  I dont want to argue with a fellow Colts fan but regardless of PC health as a college player, as a Pro he is 2-2 for ending up on the DONE FOR SEASON LIST!!!!  Wake up man, you watching the same game as I am when it comes to PC?  The DUDE can't land on a Purple Mattress without breaking something!!!!!  Show me before coming at me with delusional opinions when the odds land in my favor.  I hope I'm wrong but history says otherwise, PC is a Glass Joe!!!!

4 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

MPJr = Michael Penix Jr out of IU so sorry to confuse you as I was just comparing two Fragile players!!!  I dont want to argue with a fellow Colts fan but regardless of PC health as a college player, as a Pro he is 2-2 for ending up on the DONE FOR SEASON LIST!!!!  Wake up man, you watching the same game as I am when it comes to PC?  The DUDE can't land on a Purple Mattress without breaking something!!!!!  Show me before coming at me with delusional opinions when the odds land in my favor.  I hope I'm wrong but history says otherwise, PC is a Glass Joe!!!!

These aren't just my opinions.

These are the views of the Colts.

The only person who needs to wake up is the one you see in the mirror.

As for MPJ,   thanks for clarifying.

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The THIRD wr spot on the team?     What?    Are?    You?    Talking?    About?

It's the pre-season,  most people are pretty optimistic this time of year,  but other than you,   who is predicting Strachan will be our 3rd WR this year?     Who?     Which writer?    Which poster here?     None that I know of.

And Hilton,  Pittman,  Campbell and Pascal will have something to say about Strachan being higher than they are.

Come on....    it's late.   

Damn it NewColtsFan, after MPJ and TY we have nothing in the cupboards which is my main reason for Julio freaking Jones!!!  Campell will be on IR by Oct and Pascal would have problems making the roster on any other squad not named Indianapolis Colts!!!  I said 3rd WR because after MPJ and TY, we have nothing that resembles an NFL wr roster so I was hoping with all the hype coming out of INDY that he just may replicate an actual NFL receiver and be our 3rd????  I will tell you this right now, if he has any success like most are hoping for, he may just be our #1!!!!!  How about that???

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

These aren't just my opinions.

These are the views of the Colts.

The only person who needs to wake up is the one you see in the mirror.

As for MPJ,   thanks for clarifying.

Yes, I know these are the opinions of Chris Ballard which is why we continue to get snake bitten at the wr position!!!  He continues to believe that PC is a Hall of Famer but fails to realize the importance of accountability!!! I will question the greatest of the greatest because even the greatest has a weakness at one position.  CB is wr position!

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Although I totally agree with Your general point your making here, it is vital that NFL backs and receivers learn to protect themselves.  This ain’t The Junction Boys.  We ain’t looking at the ole play to the whistle high school coach type A thing,   It’s get what you can get, get down, get OB or do what you can to avoid direct hits.  It is vital for NFL backs and receivers to protect themselves.

I haven’t seen enough of PC to make a judgement on this. Last years injury was a flukey perfect storm thing.  

but in general dude no, if max effort to you means be Earl Campbell and take everything head on, that’s not how anyone survives long in the league.

6 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

He won’t be anything more then the 5th or 6th this year. Him and Patmon are going to be fighting for that 5th spot most likely.  Then Dulin or Harris will be fighting for that 6th spot. 

Archived