Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow-Wentz is still working with the rookies

5 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Damn it NewColtsFan, after MPJ and TY we have nothing in the cupboards which is my main reason for Julio freaking Jones!!!  Campell will be on IR by Oct and Pascal would have problems making the roster on any other squad not named Indianapolis Colts!!!  I said 3rd WR because after MPJ and TY, we have nothing that resembles an NFL wr roster so I was hoping with all the hype coming out of INDY that he just may replicate an actual NFL receiver and be our 3rd????  I will tell you this right now, if he has any success like most are hoping for, he may just be our #1!!!!!  How about that???

Having a guy like Pascal as your 4th WR is a something every team would cherish. Every QB loves to throw up him. He is out most consistant WR. This running game makes them all better too. The bottom line they aren’t giving up on Paris until they have too. I have a feeling this is going to be his year.

Next season will be the one to watch. Pascal and Hilton are FA. Does Campbell finally stay healthy where your not worried about that spot?  We may or may not have some WR turnover next season.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kind of low on Strachan for this coming season when I watched his tape, because I thought he will need some time to polish some aspects of his game... but there is something about the way he carries himself that gives me irrational confidence about his prospects. Plus... even on grainy videos he looks soooooooo good moving. He looks like a legit athlete at 6'5" 225lbs or whatever he is... can't wait to see him actually play... maybe it's all empty hopes, but I'm actually pretty hyped for the start of pre-season. Cannot wait to see the new guys... 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

He won’t be anything more then the 5th or 6th this year. Him and Patmon are going to be fighting for that 5th spot most likely.  Then Dulin or Harris will be fighting for that 6th spot. 

Born makes me think he is a paid contrarian here to drumb up some action.

23 minutes ago, stitches said:

I was kind of low on Strachan for this coming season when I watched his tape, because I thought he will need some time to polish some aspects of his game... but there is something about the way he carries himself that gives me irrational confidence about his prospects. Plus... even on grainy videos he looks soooooooo good moving. He looks like a legit athlete at 6'5" 225lbs or whatever he is... can't wait to see him actually play... maybe it's all empty hopes, but I'm actually pretty hyped for the start of pre-season. Cannot wait to see the new guys... 

Kind  of what everyone has been saying about Pittman maybe. Pittman is so fluid in his route running. So smooth. Is that what you mean when you see Strachan?

Its going to be fun to see the guys we didn’t get to see last year. Eason and Patmon will be fun to watch also. This is going to be a very interesting preseason and camp.

Kind  of what everyone has been saying about Pittman maybe. Pittman is so fluid in his route running. So smooth. Is that what you mean when you see Strachan?

Its going to be fun to see the guys we didn’t get to see last year. Eason and Patmon will be fun to watch also. This is going to be a very interesting preseason and camp.

I think Strachan looks more athletic than Pittman. He looks more sudden and more explosive. He's not as technically proficient though. 

Yeah I think he is faster. He has worked with Michael Irvin so it will be interesting to watch him.

Not sure anybody fought of CB's better than Irvin. A Great competitor!
 We have a guy that can get it down field now, so let's see if one of Ballards big boys can do us some Mike Evans style of FB.

21 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Damn it NewColtsFan, after MPJ and TY we have nothing in the cupboards which is my main reason for Julio freaking Jones!!!  Campell will be on IR by Oct and Pascal would have problems making the roster on any other squad not named Indianapolis Colts!!!  I said 3rd WR because after MPJ and TY, we have nothing that resembles an NFL wr roster so I was hoping with all the hype coming out of INDY that he just may replicate an actual NFL receiver and be our 3rd????  I will tell you this right now, if he has any success like most are hoping for, he may just be our #1!!!!!  How about that???

It’s the off-season and you’ve worked yourself into a lather.    

We didn’t have the money for Julio Freaking Jones.    And we would’ve needed to trade a 2 and a 4 to get him.   Does Chris Ballard strike you as the GM to trade a 2 and a 4 to acquire a 32-year old WR?   It was always a pipe dream.

if you want to be upset about something, worry that more than 50 percent of this roster is NOT vaccinated.   We have one of the four lowest rates of vaccination.   That’s something worth worrying about. 

Sorry,  I don’t share your worst fears. 

21 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Yes, I know these are the opinions of Chris Ballard which is why we continue to get snake bitten at the wr position!!!  He continues to believe that PC is a Hall of Famer but fails to realize the importance of accountability!!! I will question the greatest of the greatest because even the greatest has a weakness at one position.  CB is wr position!

False.   False.   And false. 

Chris Ballard clearly believes that WR is lower on his priority list than most teams.   Other position groups are more important to him.   But you’re wrong about Pascal.  I don’t think you even realize he’s caught 10 TD’s in the last two seasons.   Ballard says Luck, Brissett and Rivers all loved throwing to the guy.  

Chris Ballard has never said or hinted that PC is that good.   You’re hyperbole is not helpful. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t believe in the guy.   You don’t give up on young talent after two years.   If you still believe in them, you give young players more opportunities, not less.    It worked with Lewis.   And Ballard reminds what happened when we traded Jerry Hughes too quickly.   That’s history that no one wants to repeat. 

Seattle has a long history of struggling to build a good offensive line.  Think they’d like to get Mark Glowinski back?   They gave up too soon.   New England gave up on Kenny Moore too soon.   Think they’d like to have him back?   Yes to both players. 

What’s this nonsense with accountability? You’re using the word inappropriately.   It’s not Campbells fault he got hurt.  You’re acting as if getting hurt is Campbell’s fault.  And it’s not.   Sorry, but this is a frustrated fans rant.   

I hope you’re able to enjoy this season, but I have my doubts. 

The best news out of this is that they are actually GATHERING. So that means (I guess) that Wentz and some of his receivers have been actually vaccinated. :) (Joking ... kinda.)

(Btw. why did you close the vaccination topic guys? I get it, it's a touchy subject, but honestly, this might be the most important competitive advantage/disadvantage for the team this season, it it stays like it is now. We should be able to discuss that without figting each other.)

18 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Not sure anybody fought of CB's better than Irvin. A Great competitor!

Funny that you say it like that.  I always thought the refs let Irvin get away with murder.  Seemed like they should have called offensive interference on him about every 3rd pass!  But that is the norm now. 

3 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

The best news out of this is that they are actually GATHERING. So that means (I guess) that Wentz and some of his receivers have been actually vaccinated. :) (Joking ... kinda.)

(Btw. why did you close the vaccination topic guys? I get it, it's a touchy subject, but honestly, this might be the most important competitive advantage/disadvantage for the team this season, it it stays like it is now. We should be able to discuss that without figting each other.)

Once the TC  starts unvaccinated players can’t gather outside the facility to practice so they better get all the work in they can.

3 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

DING!  To circle back to the original topic.  It's great to see Wentz working extra with so many people, addressing our needs, getting familiar and up to speed.

46 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Funny that you say it like that.  I always thought the refs let Irvin get away with murder.  Seemed like they should have called offensive interference on him about every 3rd pass!  But that is the norm now. 

Actually, the CB's got away with murder. Manning had so many one and dones, he got intercepted so many times in the playoffs, San Diego-Patriots, that the league had to change the rules so their Poster Boy could win in the playoffs .
 There is of course a lot of shirt grabbing now, but NOTHING like the abuse receivers used to take. 

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

Hines Ward, too. He was head-hunting every time he took the field.

21 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Actually, the CB's got away with murder. Manning had so many one and dones, he got intercepted so many times in the playoffs, San Diego-Patriots, that the league had to change the rules so their Poster Boy could win in the playoffs .
 There is of course a lot of shirt grabbing now, but NOTHING like the abuse receivers used to take. 

Yes - CBs used to get away with contact, but I still felt like Irvin got away with stuff other receivers and CBs couldn't get away with.  

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s the off-season and you’ve worked yourself into a lather.    

We didn’t have the money for Julio Freaking Jones.    And we would’ve needed to trade a 2 and a 4 to get him.   Does Chris Ballard strike you as the GM to trade a 2 and a 4 to acquire a 32-year old WR?   It was always a pipe dream.

if you want to be upset about something, worry that more than 50 percent of this roster is NOT vaccinated.   We have one of the four lowest rates of vaccination.   That’s something worth worrying about. 

Sorry,  I don’t share your worst fears. 

According to today's reports we are still under 50% vaccinated one of the lowest in the league.  This is what concerns me the most.  We can debate the players and roster all day long but this is the problem that could decide our season.  

On 7/15/2021 at 12:49 PM, stitches said:

I think Strachan looks more athletic than Pittman. He looks more sudden and more explosive. He's not as technically proficient though. 

I never thought that Strachan was drafted to play a lot this year, barring injury to other WR's of course.

I thought he was drafted more to play or even start next year after Hilton and Pascal are gone.  Both are only on one year deals.

So its a good strategy to get Strachan acclimated to the playbook and play special teams.  That way next season he can hit the ground running.

Most QB/WRs coming out of college play in a simple spread offense.  Frank's offense will be far more complex and it takes time for Rookies to learn it and adjust.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

According to today's reports we are still under 50% vaccinated one of the lowest in the league.  This is what concerns me the most.  We can debate the players and roster all day long but this is the problem that could decide our season.  

Yes, it definitely could be a competitive disadvantage. However, I disagree with fining players that miss games due to Covid, very bad idea.

Will they be fined if they are vaccinated and contract it like one of these breakthrough cases (and several more if you need to know)? While vaccination reduces severity, the vaccinated shouldn't get a free pass from exercising caution since they are not immune to Covid and how well they can transmit Covid, that study is still a work in progress. I am all for vaccinating against severe disease but the people of the world (and a lot of us) are heading towards building upon this "vaccinated vs unvaccinated" contrast as a lightning rod for decisions without prudence that comes with more research and time. That is where I would like to place a pause.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:30 AM, BornHoosier said:

Yes, I know these are the opinions of Chris Ballard which is why we continue to get snake bitten at the wr position!!!  He continues to believe that PC is a Hall of Famer but fails to realize the importance of accountability!!! I will question the greatest of the greatest because even the greatest has a weakness at one position.  CB is wr position!

Bro I say this with all good intentions, but seriously

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

Like we’re all very passionate about the Colts, but I’m seriously worried about you. Just take a load off brother, the season hasn’t even started yet

On 7/16/2021 at 3:22 PM, chad72 said:

Yes, it definitely could be a competitive disadvantage. However, I disagree with fining players that miss games due to Covid, very bad idea.

Will they be fined if they are vaccinated and contract it like one of these breakthrough cases (and several more if you need to know)? While vaccination reduces severity, the vaccinated shouldn't get a free pass from exercising caution since they are not immune to Covid and how well they can transmit Covid, that study is still a work in progress. I am all for vaccinating against severe disease but the people of the world (and a lot of us) are heading towards building upon this "vaccinated vs unvaccinated" contrast as a lightning rod for decisions without prudence that comes with more research and time. That is where I would like to place a pause.

If they are vaccinated and get it the reports says they  won’t miss a game check. It’s only if their unvaccinated.

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

If they are vaccinated and get it the reports says they  won’t miss a game check. It’s only if their unvaccinated.

They are asking for a lawsuit if they hold a players check for a positive covid test.   I highly doubt that sort of language is in the CBA

Archived