Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sammy Watkins to visit the Colts

1959Colts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/sammy-watkins-to-visit-the-colts/

...Watkins, the free agent wide receiver who will visit the Ravens on Tuesday, will then head to Indianapolis to visit the Colts, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Although Watkins has undeniable talent, he has never put it all together the way he was expected to when he was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. Last season he had a career-low 421 receiving yards...

...Other teams reportedly interested in Watkins include the Titans and Texans.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Ballard is failing FA. If he lets Hilton walk and signs Watkins that is a major fail. Letting Autry go over 1.5 million while not signing anyone else is already a big fail.

Still early my friend

And perhaps he has faith in Turay 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Unless there is some big trade he has failed. We are going LT with our first pick. We better hope Turay stays healthy and Banogu plays well. 

I respectfully disagree about him failing. Give me one reason he has? Some EDGE players are getting way overpriced contracts.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Banogu is a lost cause 

While I'm not confident in his ability I wouldn't call him a lost cause just yet, I mean this last season was his second year and there were a lot of hurdles to that year. I think after this coming season we will know for sure.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

If you’re right it’s not because you know anything.    It would fall under the category of a broken clock being right twice a day.

I just don't see any real hope in a turn around from a production standpoint. Turay and Lewis have shown glimpses. 

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Ballard is failing FA. If he lets Hilton walk and signs Watkins that is a major fail. Letting Autry go over 1.5 million while not signing anyone else is already a big fail.

Oh boy......

Here we go!  

Incoming!!  Take cover!!     :hide:     :peek:

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I just don't see any real hope in a turn around from a production standpoint. Turay and Lewis have shown glimpses. 

Wow....   you mean the guys who have played THREE years have shown more upside than the raw guy who has only been with us TWO years and badly needed a normal year?  But that got wiped out by Covid.   

What a shock!?!  

42 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Watkins would be another Aiken/Grant/Funchess type signing imo. 

Maybe.  But I think there was nothing wrong with Funchess.   He got hurt in wk #1.   Not his fault.   He might’ve turned out ok.   I don’t think it’s right to limp him in with the other two. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Another guy that is always injured. What is Ballard doing with Hilton? I don’t think there is enough balls to go around for Hilton and Watkins.

The “not enough balls to go around” theory has been misunderstood forever and really isnt the point.

The point is to have enough viable weapons on the field so it isnt obvious tothe defense where the ball is going.

You think KC worries about not having enough balls to go around?  Of course not.

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Thats why u have to dradt LTs and Dends because they are to expensive in free agency

Drafting is cheaper, yes.  And i agree the preferred route.  But you could say that for every position, really.

The success rates fir drafted LTs and edge are low.  So, if you need one NOW, you may be better served to spend the money (reasonably) , and grab a FA with some actual history of production in the league.

But hopefully, you rotate your draft picks so you stock depth at all positions, and groom from within.  Easier said then done, especially how teams are regularly changing coaching staffs and GMs.

I like FA mainly to “cherry pick” , and add key players to positions that areweak or important and you just cant find the guy thru the draft.  But you always have a handfull of GMs on the hot seat or ate desperate that drive the prices too high. 
Its very complicated.

28 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

In all fairness, he was a Linebacker that is being converted to full time defensive end. I would think that would also mean him changing his body and playing heavier than he is used to. Last year kind of deserves a pass given the transition. 

41 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Hilton is a colts legend they should not be treated the same way.

I hate to ask but with as many posts as you have and profile... I'm curious what was your previous alias? Sorry if you had covered this previously. 

24 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Again, I say, bless your heart.

So far we don’t have either of our starting DE. Yes we are weaker right now. There is nobody out there that is left that is going to make us stronger or even on par as last year. Hopefully can say Ballard knew what he was doing when the season starts and after we finish the season. Right now he has failed to make this a better defensive team.

1 minute ago, life long said:

I hate to ask but with as many posts as you have and profile... I'm curious what was your previous alias? Sorry if you had covered this previously. 

I changed by display name today because I wanted to support Wentz. I am not trying to hide anything. It’s the same account just changed the chloe6124.

Archived