Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, w87r said:

Really wish Hilton and Rhodes would either accept our offers or move on.

I think that is what is holding up Ballard from moving on to more options.

I completely agree. I would really like to see them sign on the dotted line so that we can move forward. If for some reason something goes south, I would be devastated to see TY go to Ten. There was an article I stumbled across talking about receiving targets for the Titans, and they mentioned TY being a realistic, cheap target. My heart sank. Just NO!

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Really wish Hilton and Rhodes would either accept our offers or move on.

I think that is what is holding up Ballard from moving on to more options.

shawn michaels suck it GIF by WWE

They will announce the 3 deals Houston Rhodes and Hilton at the exact same time and they will all come into press conference to the DX music 

Just now, CardiacColts said:

I completely agree. I would really like to see them sign on the dotted line so that we can move forward. If for some reason something goes south, I would be devastated to see TY go to Ten. There was an article I stumbled across talking about receiving targets for the Titans, and they mentioned TY being a realistic, cheap target. My heart sank. Just NO!

He has been mentioned tied to everyone that needs a WR

saw one from TB

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

shawn michaels suck it GIF by WWE

They will announce the 3 deals Houston Rhodes and Hilton at the exact same time and they will all come into press conference to the DX music 

I would just fine with that.

1 minute ago, CardiacColts said:

If we were to lose him, I get it. It's business. With that being said, it better not be the Titans. My heart couldn't handle it...

I don't see it.

20 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm not a TY hater. I'm a huge fan of Hilton even though I want him gone from this team at this stage of the game. My comments might be construed as disrespectful however to me they are just my honest truth assessment that is indifferent to someone's feelings. If you see it differently then that's fine. I never have found TY Hilton to be elite. Above Average for what he had around him and what he was asked to do sure, but never elite and by my definition only, never a true league number 1 receiver. A Colt's number one receiver yes. 

This proves TY has been the most underrated receiver since he came into the league. Any receiver who hits 10000 yards receiving has to be considered elite in my opinion and TY has a chance to do it before his career is over. And he has the chance to pass a Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe as he moves up the list. 

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Even if it happened Ballard probably wouldn't sign him. 

You never know. It sure seems as if he was willing to go $20m+ for Trent Williams.

Not to much money left and quite a few bigger name WR FAs left, maybe Robinson could be had at $14-$15m range?

Probably thinking all for not, but that is what the Golladay visit leads me to believe 

If he gets healthy and can stay relatively healthy, Hooker is a pretty solid player who can probably be had for next-to-nothing.  Was he worth a 1st rounder?  No.  Was he garbage?  Absolutely not.  

1 minute ago, #12. said:

If he gets healthy and can stay relatively healthy, Hooker is a pretty solid player who can probably be had for next-to-nothing.  Was he worth a 1st rounder?  No.  Was he garbage?  Absolutely not.  

I agree, would be a nice little solid bring back for $2-$3m.

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The naysayers seem to think the FA period is over already and continue to be doom and gloom

Two years ago, it took Ballard two WEEKS of free agency to sign Justin Houston and that could not have worked out better. 

I’m as frustrated as anyone that this is taking so long.   I’d like more progress as much as anyone.   But Ballard’s track record shows (A) he always has a plan, and (B) his plans typically (but not always) work out well. 

So I remain...   patient. 

1 minute ago, #12. said:

I actually had the thought of resigning Gaethers again on a deal similar to Mack’s.  He is healthy again.  Might be worth a shot.

Archived