Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I fear he's on the decline 

That’s fine.   And you may be right.

But Rhodes had TWO terrible years in a row and he bounced back nicely, didn’t he? 

Besides, I didn’t bring up Villanueva in this discussion, YOU did.   All because we disagree over starting a rookie LT.   This conversation has now gone sideways. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

But Rhodes had TWO terrible years in a row and he bounced back nicely, didn’t he.

Besides, I didn’t bring up Villanueva in this discussion, YOU did.   All because we disagree over starting a rookie LT.   This conversation has now gone sideways. 

In his defense, I think I'm the one who keeps bringing up Villanueva lol. I would feel a lot more comfortable with him on our line this year.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

But Rhodes had TWO terrible years in a row and he bounced back nicely, didn’t he? 

Sideways? I respect your opinion no arguments here.

Really?   A report from Adam Shefter with details isn’t more credible than the other links from lesser media outlets?    Really?  

I have recalibrated my lens this off season. Only trusting Kenny "Schefty" moving forward. How do you think his cup pong is going with Fuller???

:lol:

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Instead of adding an aging/injured vet why sign a vet like Davenport and/or see what Will Holden and Carter O have

Honestly, this is entirely possible. It is purely my opinion to desire Villanueva to ensure our greatest strength remains a strength... I will likely be wrong, so it's all good lol.

I just remember Ballard a few years back when our line was decimated stating he will never make that mistake again...

Just now, CardiacColts said:

I have recalibrated my lens this off season. Only trusting Kenny "Schefty" moving forward. How do you think his cup pong is going with Fuller???

:lol:

This is always a terrible time of year for information.   NFL people don’t call this time of year The Lying Season for nothing. 

It’s often very hard to figure out what is what, It can keep your head spinning!

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Instead of adding an aging/injured vet why sign a vet like Davenport and/or see what Will Holden and Carter O have

Haven’t you read nearly a zillion posts blaming Ballard for not having a quality back up to play tackle?   That topic seems a favorite this off-season.  

Just now, CardiacColts said:

Honestly, this is entirely possible. It is purely my opinion to desire Villanueva to ensure our greatest strength remains a strength... I will likely be wrong, so it's all good lol.

I just remember Ballard a few years back when our line was decimated stating he will never make that mistake again...

My problem with guys like Villa and EF is that haven’t shown versatility and that is what the OL Group needs

This is always a terrible time of year for information.   NFL people don’t call this time of year The Lying Season for nothing. 

It’s often very hard to figure out what is what, It can keep your head spinning!

That's half the fun lol. That's why I make my Christmas list and push it, even though we all know I'm getting socks again...

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?   A report from Adam Shefter with details isn’t more credible than the other links from lesser media outlets?    Really?  

It was multiple outlets reporting it.

So yeah really.

Not like Schefter has never been wrong before.

Schefter reported that like less than a half hour after Williams deal was announced, so not like he did a ton of background on it at that point. Not like that is a fresh tweet from Schefter.

So yeah I don't believe that more, than I believe we were in on him.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

So yeah really.

Schefter reported that like less than a half hour after Williams deal was announced, so not like he did a ton of background on it at that point. Not like that is a fresh tweet from Schefter.

I thought about responding to this, and then, thought again.   Never mind.   Sigh. 

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And ask yourself this...  if Chris Ballard was confident of finding a Day One starter at LT in the draft, WHY did he reportedly throw $20+ million per at Trent Williams?   You wouldn’t if you think you can find a day one starter no matter how great Williams is.   

Who said the Colts were interested in Williams?

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

So yeah really.

Don't you dare question the great and powerful Adam Schefter 

I thought about responding to this, and then, thought again.   Never mind.   Sigh. 

Good, because I wasn't trying to go back and forth about it. You think we weren't I still believe we were. In the end it really doesn't matter.

8 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

It’s been discussed here for days.   Several media outlets reported we were one of three teams involved...   SF, Indy and KC...   

Now, late today, Adam Shefter says we were not in it. 

It’s been discussed here for days.   Several media outlets reported we were one of three teams involved...   SF, Indy and KC...   

Yes, I saw discussions among fans and speculation among some web/fan sites. I didn't see an actual report that said the Colts were in the mix, but I could have missed it.

11 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Oh.  Don't be that guy.      You know the logical guy.  LOL.    

I'm a girl they may be easier on me. LOL

Who said the Colts were interested in Williams?  LOL

1 minute ago, Orioles22 said:

Yes, I saw discussions among fans and speculation among some web/fan sites. I didn't see an actual report that said the Colts were in the mix, but I could have missed it.

Schefter is the one guy I saw who has credibility saying Colts were or were not interested but regardless its pointless now

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That Schefter post was from March 17th around 5am in the morning, right after Williams signing was reported. Not late today.

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Schefter is the one guy I saw who has credibility saying Colts were or were not interested but regardless its pointless now

La Canfora isn't credible to you?

4 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

He might have been reading this web site

Yeah, bet that was it.

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Archived