Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, w87r said:

That Schefter post was from March 17th around 5am in the morning, right after Williams signing was reported. Not late today.

Ok...   not today.   But for whatever reason, no one seemed to talk about it yesterday.  This afternoon was the first time I saw it it heard about it.   No so it was new to me. 

All I saw was people, including you,  talking about how we were involved with TW and this  continued well past Shefter’s early morning tweet. 

So, I don’t see how this helps your argument at all?   You don’t believe him.  And nothing anyone says is going to change your mind.  Why do you think I dropped the subject?  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...   not today.   But for whatever reason, no one seemed to talk about it yesterday.  This afternoon was the first time I saw it it heard about it.   No so it was new to me. 

All I saw was people, including you,  talking about how we were involved with TW and this  continued well past Shefter’s early morning tweet. 

So, I don’t see how this helps your argument at all?   You don’t believe him.  And nothing anyone says is going to change your mind.  Why do you think I dropped the subject?  

I'm not even dropping this to support my argument. I saw this tweet the same time you did tonight. I also saw the time stamp on it to though, and since you like to work off facts, I felt the need to tell you he didn't post it tonight, as you stated.

It's truly irrelevant whether we did or didn't, but I know if I posted something that was false and evidence was right in front of my eyes, you would call me on it.

Little LT trifecta:

Tweeted last night, but first I saw them

This opens up the possibility of different FAs potentially.

LG

RT

Could be interesting. LT is definitely drying up,  but a LG or RT opens up a few other players.

I know I said earlier, just ready for resolution on Hilton, Rhodes and Houston.

I do like Fuller being another option, to enter the fray.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Little LT trifecta:

LG

RT

Could be interesting. LT is definitely drying up,  but a LG or RT opens up a few other players.

This is fascinating.

Put me on the record as saying, I DO NOT want Q to change positions!!! With that out of the way, I could see Braden transitioning with his athleticism. RT would be easier to fill at the end of the day.

Final verdict: Sign Villanueva now and put this nonsense to rest, please, pretty please with a cherry on top. Please, I beg you...

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Little LT trifecta:

LG

RT

Interesting 

5 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

This is fascinating.

Put me on the record as saying, I DO NOT want Q to change positions!!! With that out of the way, I could see Braden transitioning with his athleticism. RT would be easier to fill at the end of the day.

Final verdict: Sign Villanueva now and put this nonsense to rest, please, pretty please with a cherry on top. Please, I beg you...

Yeah I think I would prefer Smith as well, out of the 2, if we went that route.

Q, is intriguing though and the possibility of him getting paid a LT is a lot better than the thought of that big cap hit at Guard.

25 minutes ago, w87r said:

I'm not even dropping this to support my argument. I saw this tweet the same time you did tonight. I also saw the time stamp on it to though, and since you like to work off facts, I felt the need to tell you he didn't post it tonight, as you stated.

It's truly irrelevant whether we did or didn't, but I know if I posted something that was false and evidence was right in front of my eyes, you would call me on it.

Well...   I tried to do just that, and it got me nowhere.   So, I didn’t want to go round and round.   Especially not with someone I hold in such high respect. 

Some people here think I like to be right.  It’s not true, I try to care about getting facts out.  I’m wrong plenty.  But if we can’t agree on the facts, it’s hard to debate real issues.  

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yes, but that money would be spent on a premium position, while his replacement at guard would be much cheaper. 

I understand where you're coming from. Sadly, I think we are having our first disagreement. I want Q to stay where he's at. I admit that I am inflexible on this one. You do present great points though!

Just now, CardiacColts said:

I understand where you're coming from. Sadly, I think we are having our first disagreement. I want Q to stay where he's at. I admit that I am inflexible on this one. You do present great points though!

Actually, I’m fully on board with keeping Nelson at his natural position and getting someone else for LT. I was just explaining the other poster’s reasoning. 

Cheers!

They're not moving Nelson, but it's smart to at least put it out there and keep teams guessing come the draft.

Smith?  I can't see it either.  You put a rookie next to Glowinski and the whole right side could suddenly become suspect.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Actually, I’m fully on board with keeping Nelson at his natural position and getting someone else for LT. I was just explaining the other poster’s reasoning. 

Cheers!

My apologies. I suppose it is my first disagreement with @w87r. Either way, I don't want to move Q.

Possible OL options 

LT Q

LG ?

C Kelly 

RG Glow

RT Smith 

LT Smith 

LG Q

C Kelly 

RG Glow

RT ?

LT ?

LG Q

C Kelly

RG Glow

RT Smith

I personally like 3 the best cause I think Q would immensely help LT rookie or veteran. 

Moving Smith to LT I think weakens the right side big time. That also depends who they get.

Perhaps a rookie like Radunz to play RT

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

Little LT trifecta:

LG

RT

I’d like to think the idea that we’re also considering Smith is just an attempt to keep a smoke screen on what we will eventually do.  Keep your enemies guessing... 

From the outside looking in, the idea of using Smith strikes me as preposterous.  But, as I like to say, your mileage may vary.... 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Possible OL options 

LT Q

LG ?

C Kelly 

RG Glow

RT Smith 

LT Smith 

LG Q

C Kelly 

RG Glow

RT ?

LT ?

LG Q

C Kelly

RG Glow

RT Smith

I personally like 3 the best cause I think Q would immensely help LT rookie or veteran. 

Moving Smith to LT I think weakens the right side big time. That also depends who they get.

Perhaps a rookie like Radunz to play RT

There are some intriguing OL prospects in the draft suited to be a Swiss Army Knife/eventual replacement at OG

19 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah I think I would prefer Smith as well, out of the 2, if we went that route.

Q, is intriguing though and the possibility of him getting paid a LT is a lot better than the thought of that big cap hit at Guard.

I think the most desperate route is to go Nelson Pinter Kelly Glow Smith

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I think the most desperate route is to go Nelson Pinter Kelly Glow Smith

The only reason I don't like that is hurts the depth. I like Pinter as depth on the IOL. 

1 minute ago, CardiacColts said:

Why do I suck at embedding gifs?

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

200.gif

3 hours ago, Indeee said:

First off why is everyone so uptight? Not saying you are but I'm just busting Richard's berries a bit. I mean he set that one up perfectly. What's wrong with a few laughs? I swear sometimes I get the impression that everyone on here are like 70 year old men but then I think that's an insult to 70 year old men. It was all in fun, no harm no foul

i am 76 and laughed once last week!!!! we do need to all relax we cant sign anyone and our gm wont pull the trigger, so we will just have to see how it works out

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm convinced every premier FA has just decided to use us as leverage to bump up offers from other teams. Their agents just leak "The Colts are making a push(even if they are not)... and look at how much money they have... so... you better pull up with the brinks truck." 

I wonder when teams are going to catch up with this. Ballard has pretty much never gone for one of those premier FAs. When he makes a big move usually noone knows about it until it happens(Buckner)... If you hear the Colts are making serious push for X who wants record breaking money... chances are this is agent trying to bump up his value rather than Ballard truly going for it.

5 hours ago, w87r said:

Little LT trifecta:

LG

RT

This sounds like... anything goes. Any and all options are on the table. I wonder if this is coach speak and just throwing stuff at the media in order to not commit to/give up anything... or they truly have no idea/preference. I would love for the media to ask that actually(whether Frank has any preference/favorite option), but they are useless and even if they asked I doubt they will get a straight answer.

4 hours ago, CardiacColts said:

My apologies. I suppose it is my first disagreement with @w87r. Either way, I don't want to move Q.

It's all good.

Although I, like you, don't want to move Q out of G either. Hesitant on Smith as well.

Just responding to the tweets about hypothetical scenarios laid out by Frank.

21 minutes ago, stitches said:

This sounds like... anything goes. Any and all options are on the table. I wonder if this is coach speak and just throwing stuff at the media in order to not commit to/give up anything... or they truly have no idea/preference. I would love for the media to ask that actually(whether Frank has any preference/favorite option), but they are useless and even if they asked I doubt they will get a straight answer.

Definitely sounds like a lot of coach speak.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’d like to think the idea that we’re also considering Smith is just an attempt to keep a smoke screen on what we will eventually do.  Keep your enemies guessing... 

From the outside looking in, the idea of using Smith strikes me as preposterous.  But, as I like to say, your mileage may vary.... 

Yeah as I just responded to stitches, it definitely sounds like a lot of coach speak.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you don’t mind asking?   Why are you awake?    It’s just past 1a my time.   Just past 4a your time!!    What’s going on?   

I'm always up early. Not always usually this early, but work day starts at 7 and up by 5 most days. Always start tossing and turning around this time though, probably why most night I'm sleeping by 9-9:30. Figured I would get up and see if there was any over night news.....:goodluck: ....Nope.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I'm always up early. Not always usually this early, but work day starts at 7 and up by 5 most days. Always start tossing and turning around this time though, probably why most night I'm sleeping by 9-9:30. Figured I would get up and see if there was any over night news.....:goodluck: ....Nope.

Ah....    you’re one of those morning people!   I’ve heard about you!   My wife and I are more creatures of the night!   It’s just about 2a,  and once I post this, I’ll be crashing.   Odd time and place to overlap and meet.  

Sorry things hit testy here yesterday.   We’d could use some good news around here!   maybe today?  Maybe tomorrow?   I hope it’s not until next Monday?  That’s be a loooong time to wait. 

See you on the other side when I wake!   

Archived