Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Archive Thread (Days 1-4)

57 minutes ago, w87r said:

You know I started thinking about Golladay and the Bears visit.

Maybe there is a chance the Bears rescind their Tag and sign Golladay making Robinson a FA?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

That would be fantastic and entirely probable.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan.  Pulling for the Bears now.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, danlhart87 said:

I highly doubt it 

I'll actually be pO'd if he doesn't. Fuller would fit the scheme really well & he is the best corner on the market. If he can be had for less than $11 mil a year, it's an easy decision IMO. I'd rather have him than Rhodes!

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

This OT class is great so there should be 0 interest in FA

I strongly hope the LT is rookie 

It’s not THAT great.    There is one guy — Sewell — who is a Day One starter.   Slater and the USC kid might be , if the play tackle and not guard or center.  Big IF.

Darrisaw might be a Day One starter.   The rest are not likely to be Day One starters on the left side.  They likely could be if they’re starting in the RIGHT side.  

As for hoping our Day One starter is a rookie?  Carson Wentz would likely disagree.  And I suspect Ballard would tell you a LT starting as a rookie, is NOT ideal.   To be avoided if possible. 

PS. The assessments I gave above are NOT mine.  They belong to the best evaluators available to the general public.  Jeremiah, Zierlein, Kiper, McShay. 

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'll actually be pO'd if he doesn't. Fuller would fit the scheme really well & he is the best corner on the market. If he can be had for less than $11 mil a year, it's an easy decision IMO. I'd rather have him than Rhodes!

I too like him better than Rhodes due to being 2 years younger. And I bet he could be had for around the same cost as Rhodes on a per year basis. 

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Unfortunately this would make sense. They have cap space too.

Seems tough to believe the Bears didn't shop him first. They might of, but would've thought they would have some takers?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/after-kenny-golladay-visit-allen-robinson-quickly-reconsiders-his-stance/

Bears receiver Allen Robinson knows that the winds have changed. And he’s preparing to react accordingly.

Per a league source, Robinson suddenly has adjusted his position regarding the franchise tag that has been applied to him. With news emerging today the Bears brought receiver Kenny Golladay in for a visit on Wednesday, Robinson is pivoting from not wanting to sign to seriously considering it.

:D

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

This OT class is great so there should be 0 interest in FA

I strongly hope the LT is rookie 

I find it hard to believe Ballard will expose Wentz to a rookie LT.  Especially after seeing what happened to Luck and reviewing the year Wentz had last year.  A rookie against all those premier NFL ER's he could be exposed to.  I really doubt it.  Good class or not.  Too risky.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And I suspect Ballard would tell you a LT starting as a rookie, is NOT ideal.   To be avoided if possible. 

There are not that many options left on the market according to the free agent tracker.  Villanueva looks like the best available by a good margin.

Whoever they draft might be starting out of necessity, or dare I say Nelson??

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I find it hard to believe Ballard will expose Wentz to a rookie LT.  Especially after seeing what happened to Luck and reviewing the year Wentz had last year.  A rookie against all those premier NFL ER's he could be exposed to.  I really doubt it.  Good class or not.  Too risky.

Ballard knows all of this due to Ballard's hyper-sensitive Clairvoyance, Right Richard?............... :funny::funny::funny:

Just now, BlackTiger said:

There are not that many options left on the market according to the free agent tracker.  Villanueva looks like the best available by a good margin.

Yes...    all of your post seems true.   I’d love to be inside Ballard’s head.   I’d love to see his priority lists.   What is he thinking?   Love to know. 

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

That why someone like J Davenport is an attractive option

he has starting experience 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard has done well in draft with OL. I trust that he will find suitable LT.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Whst are you talking about? 

Hyper-sensitive clairvoyance?   What does this even mean? 

Why engage? We know Ballard has a plan, even if it isn't as glamorous as some people hope. With all due respect to you, nothing constructive will come from this exchange. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Whst are you talking about? 

Hyper-sensitive clairvoyance?   What does this even mean? 

Richard's quote from earlier regarding the release of Kyle Fuller

Posted 36 minutes ago

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

Big news Kyle Fuller is indeed cut

Expand  

Ballard was waiting for this to happen all along.  Shows you how smart and clairvoyant he is. 

Just now, CardiacColts said:

Why engage? We know Ballard has a plan, even if it isn't as glamorous as some people hope. With all due respect to you, nothing constructive will come from this exchange. 

You’re right.   You’re right.   You’re right. 

:peek:

3 hours ago, Indeee said:

Welcome to the forum Dan. You're right, last year you were severely better than our own teams TE's although that's not saying much as most everyone else in the league were. That being said your career average is 1.65 catches per game and before I consider you a playmaking TE, you're gonna have to be a little more consistent for a little longer period of time, but I'm all for you tooting your own horn. Confidence is a good trait to have. Anyways, here's hoping the Jets give you a shot because Chris Herndon hasn't panned out too well... :thmup:

3 hours ago, Indeee said:

Wow.. Okay buzzkill no worries. You chug right along then. Enjoy the day!! :default_20smile:

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

First you do not have to read anything I state and then respond.

Second you do not have to agree with anything I say if you choose to respond.

Three, at this point unless the Colts announce something really major, the lack of upgrading our team has become comical so I'm choosing to find the humor although it's really not funny. If you are excited about what's to come then good. I'm happy for you and hope everything you hope for comes to pass. For some of us these moves or lack thereof are mundane. Some of us expect more from an "ascending team" who seems to be signaling to the fan base that we are in win now mode, yet are not seemingly striking while the iron is hot to upgrade at key positions that could maybe get us over the hump. All we want is our team to try, well at this point they are not giving out the impression of really trying that hard. I'm not sure that's a good signal to send the fan base, but what do I know? Afterall, I'm nonsensical. 

Enjoy your day!!

Maybe it's generational or perhaps the upbringing or even the teachings from parents.  I'm not sure what it is but, respect is absent in the majority of your posts and it doesn't grant you much credibility.  You are by all means entitled to your opinions and this forum always each of us to express them but, try to look beyond yourself and how you believe things should be.  This forum is for Colts fans.  All of them.  We all may see things differently and even disagree with one another as well as management and coaching but, we should all want success.  Complaining and pointing our what your perceived shortcomings are in Chris Ballard, our players or fans and anything else you mention is exasperating.

If you're a Colts fan, try being a little more supporting and realize the Chris Ballard is in the seat he's in and each of us sit at home because of our own knowledge of the game and paths.  Chris Ballard is a smart guy who has forgotten more about building a team than any of us will EVER know.  Try finding something good in the efforts Ballard, the Executive Staff, Frank Reich and the coaching staff are doing as well as the efforts offered by the players who wear that horseshoe on their helmet.  If you do, you may offer something here that others will appreciate and even like rather than want to "scroll on by" when they see your name.  Come on, man.  We're Colts fans.  We're better than all the negativity.

1 minute ago, CardiacColts said:

First off why is everyone so uptight? Not saying you are but I'm just busting Richard's berries a bit. I mean he set that one up perfectly. What's wrong with a few laughs? I swear sometimes I get the impression that everyone on here are like 70 year old men but then I think that's an insult to 70 year old men. It was all in fun, no harm no foul

Just now, Indeee said:

First off why is everyone so uptight? Not saying you are but I'm just busting Richard's berries a bit. I mean he set that one up perfectly. What's wrong with a few laughs? I swear sometimes I get the impression that everyone on here are like 70 year old men but then I think that's an insult to 70 year old men. It was all in fun, no harm no foul

just out of curiosity from your post here how old are you 

Some of you severely doubt Ballards ability to draft a quality LT. He came in and made a statement getting Nelson and changing the entire culture of our line. Adding Smith was just the cherry on top. He has has struggles with EDGE in draft but based on his success rate on the OL I have no doubt he could find a high quality LT in the draft. I myself personally am hoping for Eichenberg . That or sign veteran to 1 year deal and have Radunz take over next year. 

10 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I get where you are coming from, I really do. I personally have nothing against anyone here, present parties included.

In fact, I share some of your sentiments, granted to a lesser degree at times. Trust me, I would love a shiny new toy and a flashy new receiver. Heck, I am let down a lot of the time too. I was devastated watching us pass on DK Metcalf multiple times. Literally devastated, as pathetic as that is lol. I have wanted a big time 6' 5'' freak athlete WR on the Colts for as long as I can remember. 

With that being said, I try to center my interaction in various forums on what could be. I prefer for my interactions to be "fun" since we are all here in our free time expressing passion for our team. I have no doubt that if this same banter took place over a beer in a social setting, I would find it hilarious; however, sometimes the monotonous back-and-forth exchanges in a forum setting, where so much is misinterpreted and lost in translation, becomes daunting and redundant. 

I say that not as an insult to you or anyone else. I just want us to all keep our eye on the prize as we watch our Colts team take shape. No disrespect my good sir. 

P.S. Can't speak for anyone else, but I am 33 lol. Go Colts!

2 minutes ago, joecolts said:

Maybe it's generational or perhaps the upbringing or even the teachings from parents.  I'm not sure what it is but, respect is absent in the majority of your posts and it doesn't grant you much credibility.  You are by all means entitled to your opinions and this forum always each of us to express them but, try to look beyond yourself and how you believe things should be.  This forum is for Colts fans.  All of them.  We all may see things differently and even disagree with one another as well as management and coaching but, we should all want success.  Complaining and pointing our what your perceived shortcomings are in Chris Ballard, our players or fans and anything else you mention is exasperating.

If you're a Colts fan, try being a little more supporting and realize the Chris Ballard is in the seat he's in and each of us sit at home because of our own knowledge of the game and paths.  Chris Ballard is a smart guy who has forgotten more about building a team than any of us will EVER know.  Try finding something good in the efforts Ballard, the Executive Staff, Frank Reich and the coaching staff are doing as well as the efforts offered by the players who wear that horseshoe on their helmet.  If you do, you may offer something here that others will appreciate and even like rather than want to "scroll on by" when they see your name.  Come on, man.  We're Colts fans.  We're better than all the negativity.

Thank you however I would state most of my stuff as more cynical then negative, though I get that it could be deemed that way. I'm NOT a Ballard hater at all. Quite the contrary, however I think where I fall short with some on here and my take on Colts players is that the people on this forum do not realize this about me. I do not covet the players, meaning I'm a Colts Team fan, not necessarily the fan of the players. For example: I loved Peyton Manning, I mean who doesn't however when he left of course I missed him but I wasn't upset nor did I root for him in Denver. Because I'm only a Manning fan if he is a colts as I'm a Colts Fan. So because of this I have a tendency not to get all invested in the players that much. I know it's weird because I want the Colts to draft and sign good players, but it's why i can easily pass of certain players when I believe they are no longer that valuable to the team goal and it seems maybe cold and heartless I guess. I don't mean it to be. Cynical though I am all day long as well as I have a passive aggressive personality. You normally either love me or hate me, it just is what it is. It's never personal unless it goes too far but sometimes it's hard for others to read my room through my type written word. Not excusing anything, hope that clears up some stuff. IDK

Archived