Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lawsuit filed Against Autry...

Shadow_Creek

28 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm thinking something like 2/22 to 24 kinda deal from some team 

Watt has said he’s not concerned about money.   Said he’s looking for the best chance to win.   Of course money might play A factor, I just don’t think it will be THE factor. 

If money was an issue you’d think we would at least be under consideration.   Yet we’re not linked to JJW at all. 

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Watt has said he’s not concerned about money.   Said he’s looking for the best chance to win.   Of course money might play A factor, I just don’t think it will be THE factor. 

If money was an issue you’d think we would at least be under consideration.   Yet we’re not linked to JJW at all. 

I've seen a few articles linking him to us, but I've seen articles linking him pretty much everywhere. Never fails. Seems anytime a big name comes free, every local writer or team specific site feels the need to write to something.

I agree though. It'll be about winning a ring first, or maybe playing with family. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've seen a few articles linking him to us, but I've seen articles linking him pretty much everywhere. Never fails. Seems anytime a big name comes free, every local writer or team specific site feels the need to write to something.

I agree though. It'll be about winning a ring first, or maybe playing with family. 

Good post.   Sorry, I should have been more clear.    I have no doubt there are stories where the writer connects the dots...   we have money and a need at DE.   Connection!

I just haven’t seen a story by those who know JJW or who have covered him and think they know his motivations...  those stories, at least  the ones I’ve seen, don’t mention us. 

For what it’s worth....  the franchises I’ve seen most (in no particular order)...   Green Bay, Pitts, Tenn, Buff and Cleve.   

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good post.   Sorry, I should have been more clear.    I have no doubt there are stories where the writer connects the dots...   we have money and a need at DE.   Connection!

I just haven’t seen a story by those who know JJW or who have covered him and think they know his motivations...  those stories, at least  the ones I’ve seen, don’t mention us. 

For what it’s worth....  the franchises I’ve seen most (in no particular order)...   Green Bay, Pitts, Tenn, Buff and Cleve.   

I've seen mostly Pitt, GB, and Buf. I understand the Pit and GB talk. 

Personally, If I were him, I'd take Pitt (brothers), and look at 4 or 5 teams likely to go deep in the playoffs, and pick the best mix of money, org, city, etc.. Pitt's cap is really bad, and so is GB's, so him landing at either would have to be on the cheap IMO. Pitt has to be close to thinking about a rebuild. Maybe one more year with BB? Even then I don't see them wanting to spend much on JJ.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've seen mostly Pitt, GB, and Buf. I understand the Pit and GB talk. 

Personally, If I were him, I'd take Pitt (brothers), and look at 4 or 5 teams likely to go deep in the playoffs, and pick the best mix of money, org, city, etc.. Pitt's cap is really bad, and so is GB's, so him landing at either would have to be on the cheap IMO. Pitt has to be close to thinking about a rebuild. Maybe one more year with BB? Even then I don't see them wanting to spend much on JJ.

The one that surprised me a bit was Tennessee.   It was explained JJW and Vrabel are very close.  Really tight.  And that several Tenn assistants also came from Houston so Watt has a comfort level with them.   So, it’s on my radar. 

Green Bay is the only NFC team, so odds are the Colts will still face Watt in the near future. 

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The one that surprised me a bit was Tennessee.   It was explained JJW and Vrabel are very close.  Really tight.  And that several Tenn assistants also came from Houston so Watt has a comfort level with them.   So, it’s on my radar. 

Green Bay is the only NFC team, so odds are the Colts will still face Watt in the near future. 

They talked about the Vrabel connection on NFL.com. I guess I kinda dismiss TN because they're neg cap, and I also don't think he'll go to another team in the AFCS. Just my gut, but I think he'll 1) stay out of the AFCS, 2) and stay away from any team in the AFCN not named Pitt. I don't think he'd want to play against his brothers, and I'd think he'd try to avoid playing against Houston. But who knows. Nothing would surprise me.

What interest me most is what his market value might be this year. It's kinda of a bad year in that respect. 

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They talked about the Vrabel connection on NFL.com. I guess I kinda dismiss TN because they're neg cap, and I also don't think he'll go to another team in the AFCS. Just my gut, but I think he'll 1) stay out of the AFCS, 2) and stay away from any team in the AFCN not named Pitt. I don't think he'd want to play against his brothers, and I'd think he'd try to avoid playing against Houston. But who knows. Nothing would surprise me.

What interest me most is what his market value might be this year. It's kinda of a bad year in that respect. 

Since the teams JJW has interest in all appear to be tight on the cap, I’d guess he’s going to go under $10m per.    

So....   maybe 2/16–2/18?   That’s my WAG!  

12 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Its more of a leadership stand point. I live in Texas and no player has done more for the city than Watt has. I don't expect more than a 2 year deal anyway tops. 

Darius Leonard is our leader on defense   Let Pittsburgh have WATT  . We have seen to many over the hill gang types we need production on the field Autrey is productive , Dude needs to get into his piggy bank & cough up the change & end this .

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

This is a HUGE

meh.... 

Cigar, or whatever... let them handle it in civil court. Has zero bearing on him as a FB player. Anyone bunching their panties over this needs to pour themselves a big glass of something, and seek professional help for their glass house outrage syndrome.

I could care less about the weed. But if your careless enough to cause a 30k dollar fire you need to get your priorities straight. You might not care but I bet Ballard dont resign the guy period.

Look, its a diverse world.  And yet, everybody can have a job.  Like all employees, some football players have bad interactions with their neighbors, landlords, or tenants; or just people in general.  Others do very well assimilating into the civilian world.

Let the judicial due process run its course.  If he's a jerk on a personal level, okay, just be aware of that when you invite him to the office Christmas party.  And never lend him money. You don't have to fire the guy. 

7 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I could care less about the weed. But if your careless enough to cause a 30k dollar fire you need to get your priorities straight. You might not care but I bet Ballard dont resign the guy period.

If Ballard doesn't re sign him,   it won't be because of this

24 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

If you have no idea what I meant by using the term "entitled"....let's just pass on discussing it further. 

I don't think there is enough info about what happened and how to assume anything.     If his actions started the fire then I agree.    But we really don't have enough details

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

Free agency is going to have to compensate for the lack of DE starters, IMO. It is hard to get first year players to hit the ground running from the draft. Ballard with DEs is like Grigson with OLs, gets points for trying but the end results aren't there, or is that a harsh assessment?

I'd call it a harsh assessment, TBH.  Grigson drafted a QB with the first overall pick in his first draft as a GM and failed to give him adequate protection throughout his career.  Grigson inherited AC, but other than AC the only good thing Grigs did for the OL was his last year as GM drafting Kelly (and Haeg who was a solid depth piece).

Grigs failed on FA signings along the OL like Satele, D. Thomas, Cherilus (pretty sure Cherilus could have been good for us, but got hurt and if I recall he had a chronic knee issue before Grigs made him the highest paid RT in the NFL).  Grigs missed on draft picks Holmes and Thornton and never really tried much else (some cheap FAs like McGlynn and Reitz).  

Not only that, but Grigs made so many other mistakes as a GM like the T-Rich trade and overpaying for FAs like Landry, RJF, Art Jones, DHB, Nicks, to name a few.

Ballard came in and we now have one of the top OLs in the NFL.  Draft-wise he did well with Stewart, who just signed a long term deal after being a project pick and has turned into a solid player for us.  He used a draft pick to bring in an All-Pro DT in Buckner.  He has done pretty well with FA signings of Houston, Autry and even M. Hunt.  Turay looked like he was really developing well before he broke his ankle.  Lewis was OK last year after a pretty injury plagued first couple years in the league and the jury is still out on Banogu (my guess is he isn't going to turn into anything great, but I think it's fair to give him another year or two).  

So, yea, I see what you're saying -- but Ballard hasn't made any real glaring mistakes along the DL.  And he's made far less glaring mistakes throughout other positions on the team.  He hasn't hit any major HRs yet (unless you include Bucker as a draft pick), but our DL was pretty solid last year, I thought.  At least better at this point into his Colts' tenure than Grigs' OL was and I wouldn't say Ballard has really 'whiffed' yet (maybe in a year or two we'll say Turay and Banogu were whiffs if they don't develop into anything -- but IMO, nothing like Grigs did with by giving top dollar to guys like Satele, Cherilus, Thomas, etc.).  

On 2/20/2021 at 10:10 PM, chad72 said:

Free agency is going to have to compensate for the lack of DE starters, IMO. It is hard to get first year players to hit the ground running from the draft. Ballard with DEs is like Grigson with OLs, gets points for trying but the end results aren't there, or is that a harsh assessment?

Besides Gosder Cherilous(too lazy to spell check that) for one year, Grigson didn’t hit much.  He did draft Kelly tho so props to that but I think he was hurt most of the time Grigson was still employed.  Ballard hit on his FA’s but has drawn a big goose egg in the draft.  This is the year one of those three 2nd round picks has to play at an average starter level.  There are no more excuses, no waiting and definitely no patience.  The free agent contracts were set to run out when these guys would be developed enough to take over.  Not asking for star level of play, just become an average starter and fill one of the positions.  We can try to fill the other spot in the draft or FA. It’s time.   Lol sorry for the rant.  Just ready for one of those high picks to do something. 

On 2/21/2021 at 2:13 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

Accidents happen. And not knowing how it happened... just silly to be emphatic.. 

And 30k damage isn't really that much in terms of fire damage. Heck, the simple post fire remediation probably costs half that. And my guess is that they inflated the costs as much as possible for the law suit. Any lawsuit, you can typically assume those kinds of estimates are 30-50% high.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Accidents happen. And not knowing how it happened... just silly to be emphatic.. 

And 30k damage isn't really that much in terms of fire damage. Heck, the simple post fire remediation probably costs half that. And my guess is that they inflated the costs as much as possible for the law suit. Any lawsuit, you can typically assume those kinds of estimates are 30-50% high.

Exactly. There was more than likely a lot more water and smoke damage than fire damage. 

I have experienced that before. Firemen needlessly destroy stuff in the heat of the moment. :D

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly. There was more than likely a lot more water and smoke damage than fire damage. 

I have experienced that before. Firemen needlessly destroy stuff in the heat of the moment. :D

My neighbor had a fire a few years ago.   The water damage from putting out the fire was much larger than the fire and their homeowners policy didn't cover the water damage. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yup. My aunt and uncle have a Servpro franchise along with their construction business. Putting the fire out can cause more damage than the fire lol. They make a ton of money off that part of their business. My father was also a fireman in his early days (uncles too). The fire department is never concerned with property damage when they put fires out. They're concerned with simply saving lives first and foremost, and after that, just putting the fire out and ensuring it doesn't restart. 30k is a drop in the bucket. I've seen a simple kitchen fire cost that much. Heck, a stovetop fire can mean a total kitchen remodel if they have to bring hoses in.

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

My neighbor had a fire a few years ago.   The water damage from putting out the fire was much larger than the fire and their homeowners policy didn't cover the water damage. 

Geez, maybe we all should check our insurance policies out to see if we have enough coverage. :dunno:

Archived