Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lawsuit filed Against Autry...

Shadow_Creek

This is a HUGE

meh.... 

Cigar, or whatever... let them handle it in civil court. Has zero bearing on him as a FB player. Anyone bunching their panties over this needs to pour themselves a big glass of something, and seek professional help for their glass house outrage syndrome.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

This is a HUGE

meh.... 

Cigar, or whatever... let them handle it in civil court. Has zero bearing on him as a FB player. Anyone bunching their panties over this needs to pour themselves a big glass of something, and seek professional help for their glass house outrage syndrome.

I agree, who cares. It doesn't make him a bad person. It was an accident and nobody was hurt. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t even understand this?  Isn't this why we all have insurance?    

Either way, this is so small and insignificant that it will have no impact whatsoever on whether we bring back Autry or not.   This is a Nothing Burger. 

Yup. Insurance and civil court... It's a very very smalll nothing burger lol. Not even white castle size.

Yup. Insurance and civil court... It's a very very smalll nothing burger lol. Not even white castle size.

Maybe Autry can buy those people a case of Fish with Cheese from White Castle and 10 orders of seasoned salt fries, that should do it. Hell throw in 10 orders of onion chips as well. Case closed.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe Autry can buy those people a case of Fish with Cheese from White Castle and 10 orders of seasoned salt fries, that should do it. Hell throw in 10 orders of onion chips as well. Case closed.

If he has half a brain, he should pay the 30k or whatever they can negotiate it down to, and make the whole thing go away.

If I'm disappointed in anything, it's that he let it get to a point where it hit the papers. Handle your bidnez big boy.

LOL. Not saying Autry is great or anything, but he's been a great value for us. The lack of appreciation for him given his low dollar cost is a bit surprising. He got to Allen twice last game, which is twice more than anyone else lol. And anyone using this to say we should let him walk needs help.

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm really thinking Colts let Houston or Autry go and replace them with Watt.

I've witnessed all the good that Watt did for city of Houston and overall Texas. I'm hoping Colts make a run at him.

Both Huston and Autry had more sacks than Watt, and Autry did it with 2 less games. I like Watt and all, don't get me wrong, but what really are we improving by bringing him in? Houston even blitzes twice as much as the Colts, which should make it easier on DEs... 

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Who the heck leaves a burned rental without expecting to have to pay for it?

Seriously?

Depends if there was insurance built into the lease, or what the lease said in general. Or if he had renters insurance. I've own a house for the last 25+ years, but I've had secondary apartments for business. On most of those business leases, insurance was built in. There's a lot of grey, a lot of unknowns, so nobody should be throwing bricks right now.

LOL. Not saying Autry is great or anything, but he's been a great value for us. The lack of appreciation for him given his low dollar cost is a bit surprising. He got to Allen twice last game, which is twice more than anyone else lol. And anyone using this to say we should let him walk needs help.

Both Huston and Autry had more sacks than Watt, and Autry did it with 2 less games. I like Watt and all, don't get me wrong, but what really are we improving by bringing him in? Houston even blitzes twice as much as the Colts, which should make it easier on DEs... 

Its more of a leadership stand point. I live in Texas and no player has done more for the city than Watt has. I don't expect more than a 2 year deal anyway tops. 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Its more of a leadership stand point. I live in Texas and no player has done more for the city than Watt has. I don't expect more than a 2 year deal anyway tops. 

So since Watt would actually demand more than Houston or Autry, you'd pay more for a guy that didn't do as good last year, for leadership? Houston provided that too, and I think Buckner can handle that area for the DL as well. And while the city always a appreciates a good guy, I don't see Watt going gangbusters for the city if he's only on a two year deal. Not sure he'd even move....  And most of all, the city wants sacks more than a good guy.. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree. However, I would not be surprised if the Colts draft an interior DL guy on Day 2, IMO. 

I look at the secondary - if they bring back Rhodes and Carrie, with RYS, Moore and Tell back, we are looking good, IMO. Then DE - they are still going to give time for Turay, Lewis and Banogu to ramp up with a pass rusher likely to be signed in free agency, IMO. That leaves the interior of the DL needing prospects for the future to develop, IMO. One game without Buckner and Autry, Grover could only do so much and I am not sure what the expectation from Kline and Windsor are moving forward.

So since Watt would actually demand more than Houston or Autry, you'd pay more for a guy that didn't do as good last year, for leadership? Houston provided that too, and I think Buckner can handle that area for the DL as well. And while the city always a appreciates a good guy, I don't see Watt going gangbusters for the city if he's only on a two year deal. Not sure he'd even move....  And most of all, the city wants sacks more than a good guy.. 

I like him but ultimately he will go to GB or Pittsburgh 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There was a stat the other day floating around, I forgot to save it, but it was aking the lines that Watt faced more double teams than almost anyone else in the league, if I recall right, there were only a couple a head of him

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

There was a stat the other day floating around, I forgot to save it, but it was aking the lines that Watt faced more double teams than almost anyone else in the league, if I recall right, there were only a couple a head of him

One thing I have loved about JJ Watt is what I have loved about JPP as a Giant and Buc, their propensity while lined up wide to anticipate passes and tip enough of them to disrupt throwing lanes, something our DL does not do nearly as much, IMO. J J Watt, Calais Campbell and Shelby Harris of the Broncos led the league in tipped passes at the DE position. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-pass-defenses

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree. However, I would not be surprised if the Colts draft an interior DL guy on Day 2, IMO. 

I look at the secondary - if they bring back Rhodes and Carrie, with RYS, Moore and Tell back, we are looking good, IMO. Then DE - they are still going to give time for Turay, Lewis and Banogu to ramp up with a pass rusher likely to be signed in free agency, IMO. That leaves the interior of the DL needing prospects for the future to develop, IMO. One game without Buckner and Autry, Grover could only do so much and I am not sure what the expectation from Kline and Windsor are moving forward.

iDL on day 2???? We have Buckner and Stewart under new-ish contracts as starters, and just took Windsor last year and re-signed Stallworth. Lewis is a tweener and more iDL than DE. DE has zero starters under contract. 

Day 4 or 5 unless some rock star falls (won't happen).

DE prospects under contract...

Turay - best shot at a 3 down guy, but no where near that level at the end of last season. I'm still hopeful, but he's not a guy you can assume will be the starter first game of the season.

Banogu - has show absolutely zero. He barely even gets rotational snaps. He better show something this year, or might see the streets by cut down day.

Lewis - Tweener that's more 3T than DE. At best he can float like Autry is needed, but nowhere near the pass rusher. He'll likely be a permanent depth/rotation/situational guy.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

iDL on day 2???? We have Buckner and Stewart under new-ish contracts as starters, and just took Windsor last year and re-signed Stallworth. Lewis is a tweener and more iDL than DE. DE has zero starters under contract. 

Day 4 or 5 unless some rock star falls (won't happen).

DE prospects under contract...

Turay - best shot at a 3 down guy, but no where near that level at the end of last season. I'm still hopeful, but he's not a guy you can assume will be the starter first game of the season.

Banogu - has show absolutely zero. He barely even gets rotational snaps. He better show something this year, or might see the streets by cut down day.

Lewis - Tweener that's more 3T than DE. At best he can float like Autry is needed, but nowhere near the pass rusher. He'll likely be a permanent depth/rotation/situational guy.

Free agency is going to have to compensate for the lack of DE starters, IMO. It is hard to get first year players to hit the ground running from the draft. Ballard with DEs is like Grigson with OLs, gets points for trying but the end results aren't there, or is that a harsh assessment?

22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Keep in mind that Watt played in a 3-4 (right?), which is the reason he got doubled a lot. Houston blitzed twice as much as Indy did, which conversely helps open Watt up though. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Free agency is going to have to compensate for the lack of DE starters, IMO. It is hard to get first year players to hit the ground running from the draft. Ballard with DEs is like Grigson with OLs, gets points for trying but the end results aren't there, or is that a harsh assessment?

it's very accurate. DE is probably the biggest area of struggle for Ballard when it comes to the draft. I think he got too cute IMO. At least with Banogu.

nothing gets by anyone on this forum lol. 

it's very accurate. DE is probably the biggest area of struggle for Ballard when it comes to the draft. I think he got too cute IMO. At least with Banogu.

I don't think the jury is out on Banogu. He has barely played. This year is def it for him thought if he doesn't produce. He is going into contract year right? 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Most people here eill agree with that.  But for me, it’s harsh. 

I understand mileage will vary. 

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

nothing gets by anyone on this forum lol. 

I don't think the jury is out on Banogu. He has barely played. This year is def it for him thought if he doesn't produce. He is going into contract year right? 

Yup, this is his contract year. Not saying the jury is out, but he's looked bad, or at minimum, not good, when given the opportunity. I wouldn't be shocked if he was gone after cut down day though. I'd love it if something clicked though this year. We need DE help.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, this is his contract year. Not saying the jury is out, but he's looked bad, or at minimum, not good, when given the opportunity. I wouldn't be shocked if he was gone after cut down day though. I'd love it if something clicked though this year. We need DE help.

Benagu’s contract isn’t up for two more years,  unless you’re saying he won’t get a 4th year if he doesn’t produce this year?   I’d agree with that, but it all depends on how much he produces this year...  

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Do you know what Watt contract projection is 

I've read different things. Here's what I remember.

• Houston looked into trading him, but no takers since his contract (17.5M), age, and he's missed like 8ish games the last two years.
  • He got released when he might have been able to stay for 17.5M. Some think it was as much Houston looking to release, as JJ wanting to leave....
  • Most say he won't get anywhere near 17.5M although none have put a $ figure. When they were talking trade, one said he would have had to restructure 2021 to get under 10M to make it work with any team.

All in all, Sounds like he'll be lucky to get a two year 20M deal if that. Which is why I think it was silly of him to leave (if it was him that left) 17.5 for one year.. 

I've read different things. Here's what I remember.

• Houston looked into trading him, but no takers since his contract (17.5M), age, and he's missed like 8ish games the last two years.
  • He got released when he might have been able to stay for 17.5M. Some think it was as much Houston looking to release, as JJ wanting to leave....
  • Most say he won't get anywhere near 17.5M although none have put a $ figure. When they were talking trade, one said he would have had to restructure 2021 to get under 10M to make it work with any team.

All in all, Sounds like he'll be lucky to get a two year 20M deal if that. Which is why I think it was silly of him to leave (if it was him that left) 17.5 for one year.. 

I'm thinking something like 2/22 to 24 kinda deal from some team 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Benagu’s contract isn’t up for two more years,  unless you’re saying he won’t get a 4th year if he doesn’t produce this year?   I’d agree with that, but it all depends on how much he produces this year...  

Yeah, I should have been more specific. IMO, the is his "contract" year, not really his contract year. If he doesn't emerge in camp, or at least the season, doubt he'll be brought back. With the way he looked at times, I'd say it's 50/50 he makes the team this year. DE is just a position I'm not sure we'll have room for patience this year. Depends on what we acquire, but I really don't like his chances. 

Archived