Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard always says there are truly only 10-15 players deserving to be first round picks. He very well may be willing to give up two firsts if that gets him a extra second and a future second or third.  

He doesn’t always say it.   I think he has said it once.  But he has implied that there aren’t 32 clear obvious first round graded players for 32 teams.   

10 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

Anybody else feel like the GIF storm has reached diminishing returns?  It's kind of polluted an otherwise interesting thread.

Diminishing returns had been reached with the 1st one.

A storm load causes me to skip through posts without reading.

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

How many letters in Mac Jones

What's Mac Jones #

What's 10 + 8 

18 = Peyton Manning

What's 1 + 8

9 = Jacob Eason 

How many letters in Jacob Eason 

10 = Mac Jones 

QB1 Mac Jones 

QB2 Jacob Eason

david blaine magic GIF

Is someone paying you to write this stuff?

Then why?  

The request of 2 1st for Wentz, if true, is laughable.  I doubt there are really multiple teams with serious offers, and thus the Eagles would have zero leverage.  They've burned their bridges and need to move Wentz.  Here's a scenario that might make sense for the Colts giving up 2 1st.

Colts get

Wentz

Ertz

2021 1st (pick #6)

Eagles get

2021 1st (pick #21)

2022 1st

The Eagles are bluffing with the Chicago trade leaks.  They really need to give up Wentz plus draft capital to unload his contract. This is similar to the Rams giving up Goff plus a 1st to unload his contract (for Stafford, Rams traded 1 1st and a 3rd, rest was to unload Goff).

In this scenario, the Colts are getting Wentz plus draft capital, but the swap from #6 to #21 is too harsh, so the 2nd 1st for Ertz and to return some draft capital to the Eagles for the #6 to #21 swap.  I really expect there to be 0 1st round picks involved in an eventual trade, but just making up a scenario that involves 2 1sts from the Colts here.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’d give money to the kids for declaring this a GIF Free thread.

Dear God, this is insane. 

It’s as if every teenager has been set loose in this thread.   It’s hard to find real information here.   

Please stop!!!!!!! 

Gifs are supposed to have comedic value to release some of the stress from QB search 

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@danlhart87is Mac Jones agent, you didn't know that. Just messing you Dan How You Doin Kiss GIF

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

18 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

The request of 2 1st for Wentz, if true, is laughable.  I doubt there are really multiple teams with serious offers, and thus the Eagles would have zero leverage.  They've burned their bridges and need to move Wentz.  Here's a scenario that might make sense for the Colts giving up 2 1st.

Colts get

Wentz

Ertz

2021 1st (pick #6)

Eagles get

2021 1st (pick #21)

2022 1st

The Eagles are bluffing with the Chicago trade leaks.  They really need to give up Wentz plus draft capital to unload his contract. This is similar to the Rams giving up Goff plus a 1st to unload his contract (for Stafford, Rams traded 1 1st and a 3rd, rest was to unload Goff).

In this scenario, the Colts are getting Wentz plus draft capital, but the swap from #6 to #21 is too harsh, so the 2nd 1st for Ertz and to return some draft capital to the Eagles for the #6 to #21 swap.  I really expect there to be 0 1st round picks involved in an eventual trade, but just making up a scenario that involves 2 1sts from the Colts here.

I know this probably isn't realistic but I think I would actually take this deal. Because then I would try to:

1) Maybe get real crazy and trade a current or future 2nd and maybe future 4th to move up and get the best LT in the draft

2) Trade back and recoup draft picks

1 hour ago, Superman said:

If we have better receivers than Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham, I get the feeling that's not going to be a major factor.

Of course, if you're just promoting the anti-Wentz propaganda, carry on. 

Which one of us is promoting the Wentz propaganda Supe?  You’re dissing Ward & Fulgham but do you know they put up similar numbers to Pascal & Pittman.  But they did it with an ineffective Wentz not a very accurate Rivers.  In fact Ward & Fulgham have more TD’s in their career than Campbell or Pascal.  More yards too.  Now I’m not dissing our players or saying that Philly’s receivers are better than ours.  But I don’t see why you’re blaming them and not their ineffective QB.  

Wentz has always had a penchant to lean HEAVILY on his tight end.  Even in years prior where they had Jeffrey, Agholor, or Tate.  It was the Wentz & Ertz show until Foles came in and got more production out of the receivers. I just have doubts about Wentz & the offense we would have to run to make him most effective or get him back on track if possible.  

Is Ertz still worth 100 plus targets a season?  Are we gonna divide the heavy targets to tight end by committee?  Use more 2 tight end sets?  Maybe more I or single back from under center?  That could boost Taylor’s production...  More playaction?  Hmm...  So much would depend on Ertz’ health but I guess it could work.  I just have legitimate doubts and concerns about Wentz.

55 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Gifs are supposed to have comedic value to release some of the stress from QB search 

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

I may be 64, but I’m well aware of what GIF’s are and what they’re intended to do. 

But at some point they lose their impact.  Especially when they’re (A) not funny and/or (B) there’s just too many of them.   There is such a thing as too much.    We crossed that line a while ago. 

Archived