Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Just a few things from this from Jason POV

Ballard has made his final offer for Wentz and isn't going to any higher

He feels Wentz attitude is the reason for his poor play and is doubtful trading for him

Ballard doesn't like Darnold at all but that could change in the future

He said Ballard loves 3 prospect QBs Fields Wilson and Mond but feels Wilson and Fields are way out of range

He said Ballard will actively try to improve the edge rusher position this offseason 

His personal views is Colts should try for Carr or Mariota 

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

He feels Wentz attitude is the reason for his poor play and is doubtful trading for him

He said Ballard loves 3 prospect QBs Fields Wilson and Mond but feels Wilson and Fields are way out of range

He said Ballard will actively try to improve the edge rusher position this offseason 

Raiders have said Carr is not available 

14 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Appreciate you dong this.   And I don’t know this guy at all....   but...   ask yourself this...

The Colts have a well established reputation for not leaking...   at all...   now look at the views from  this person.   He claims...  

— That he knows Ballard has made his final offer.

— That Ballard is doubtful of trading for Wentz due to his poor attitude. 

— That Ballard doesn’t like Darnold at all, but might change his mind in the future. 

— That Ballard lives three QB prospects and names them.  Wilson, Fields and Mond. 

— That Ballard will try to actively improve the pass rush this off-season. 

Don’t ALL OF THESE VIEWS strike you as information that this guy shouldn’t have?   That no one should have?   Why do we believe him?    Inquiring minds....

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That's what they think 

Ballard about come in like a ninja 

He would be dealing with both Mayock and Gruden

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Appreciate you dong this.   And I don’t know this guy at all....   but...   ask yourself this...

The Colts have a well established reputation for not leaking...   at all...   now look at the views from  this person.   He claims...  

— That he knows Ballard has made his final offer.

— That Ballard is doubtful if trading fir Wentz due to his poor attitude. 

— That Ballard doesn’t like Darnold at all, but might change his mind in the future. 

— That Ballard lives three QB prospects and names them.  Wilson, Fields and Mond. 

— That Ballard will try to actively improve the pass rush this off-season. 

Don’t ALL OF THESE VIEWS strike you as information that this guy shouldn’t have?   That no one should have?   Why do we believe him?    Inquiring minds....

He has broken several recent Colts coach hires

17 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Thanks for the info

27 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I still think, if it’s just Wentz, not more than a 3rd this year or 2nd next year, max.  Hey, I could be wrong, but that is how I value Wentz and the Philly situation.  

If Ertz is also involved, well then that does complicate matters. 

Spider Man Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He has broken several recent Colts coach hires

I appreciate that and respect it.   But a tip on a new coach hiring can come from a contact that covers another NFL team or from a source from a college.  

But the type of information he claims to know can only come from inside the organization.  And that type of info this franchise rarely leaks.   So, I’m skeptical until proven otherwise. 

One of the things on Jason's podcast was at one point he talked about the Bears being more desperate to make a move for Wentz. He mentions that Pace and Nagy need to turn things around or they would be fired.

That kind of desperation can lead a team to give up more than they want.

Ballard doesn't force the issue!

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I appreciate that and respect it.   But a tip on a new coach hiring can come from a contact that covers another NFL team or from a source from a college.  

But the type of information he claims to know can only come from inside the organization.  And that type of info this franchise rarely leaks.   So, I’m skeptical until proven otherwise. 

You didn’t ask whether he was reputable but why was he mentioned 

1. He has a Colts Centric Podcast

2. He has been right

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

One of the things on Jason's podcast was at one point he talked about the Bears being more desperate to make a move for Wentz. He mentions that Pace and Nagy need to turn things around or they would be fired.

That kind of desperation can lead a team to give up more than they want.

Ballard doesn't force the issue!

Agreed

Wentz was a top 5 QB and MVP candidate in 2017. Top 10-12 QB 2018 and 2019. Bottom 5 QB in 2020. Which version of Wentz will the Colts get?

If we’re getting the Wentz that is more of the 2018 and 2019 than it’s worth it. Wentz is a much more talented QB than Darnold. It’s not the talent with Wentz it’s his attitude. A change of scenery could do wonders for a player like Wentz. 

Just now, coltsfanatic24 said:

Wentz was a top 5 QB and MVP candidate in 2017. Top 10-12 QB 2018 and 2019. Bottom 5 QB in 2020. Which version of Wentz will the Colts get?

If we’re getting the Wentz that is more of the 2018 and 2019 than it’s worth it. Wentz is a much more talented QB than Darnold. It’s not the talent with Wentz it’s his attitude. A change of scenery could do wonders for a player like Wentz. 

He could also come here and crash and burn 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understand about the podcast.

But has he been right about more than just coaching hires?   Sincere question. 

Their podcast has only gained popularity over the last year or so..

I enjoy the listen. These guys are solid. None live in Indy but have been Colts fans for their entire lives. They have a good outside view of things. (Worth a listen)

They have just begun this offseason breaking Colts news. In this podcast, he says he is “new to the game” and other have better sources. He states that him and Luke (the other host) try as hard as possible to not spread false news and they will not say anything unless they believe or have heard it to be 100% true.

Jason and Luke did get almost every Colts coach hire correctly, even sometimes a week before the news was confirmed by higher sources. So that gives them just a tad of credibility.

idk where they get the info but I believe they think it is true. I don’t believe they are just making things up to hype others up or gain popularity. I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Don'tt know if this has been posted, but I like where Florio goes towards the end of the conversation. 

I actually think he is onto something there! 

The Bears and Pace have no business being involved with a trade for Carson Wentz given Pace's history at evaluating QBs. Like if a high risk player like Wentz doesn't work out, Pace is absolutely gone by next season. Why on God's green earth would he put his career on the line for Wentz. 

Bears being involved in a trade for Wentz make almost zero sense. It's surely a ploy to make the Colts overpay for him. And Ballard isn't that stupid or desperate.

Idc what anybody says, the Colts should receive compensation for taking on Wentz.  

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If Ballard is doubtful trading for him why are we?!....... possibly because Frank likes him but then who gets the final say on trades! Seems strange that part!

4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@w87r might to shed more light on the financial aspect but it looks like the Raiders might be sellers out of necessity 

They are currently $14m and some change over the $180m projected salary cap.

BY trading or cutting Mariota the free up $10m plus.

1 hour ago, DoubleE Colt said:

If Ballard is doubtful trading for him why are we?!....... possibly because Frank likes him but then who gets the final say on trades! Seems strange that part!

That's Jason's POV

He is the one that's doubtful 

49 minutes ago, w87r said:

Signed off came back this morning to 108 new post. To my surprise....

1. Not many Gifs

2. Still no word

Ehh.....see everyone tomorrow.....

Yeah, right I will be checking in all day.

I'm always afraid the one day I'm like gonna enjoy today ill come back to 250+ pages cause Colts got their new QB

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

I actually think he is onto something there! 

The Bears and Pace have no business being involved with a trade for Carson Wentz given Pace's history at evaluating QBs. Like if a high risk player like Wentz doesn't work out, Pace is absolutely gone by next season. Why on God's green earth would he put his career on the line for Wentz. 

Bears being involved in a trade for Wentz make almost zero sense. It's surely a ploy to make the Colts overpay for him. And Ballard isn't that stupid or desperate.

Idc what anybody says, the Colts should receive compensation for taking on Wentz.  

I believe the opposite move is true. Nagy and Pace are most likely down to their last year and will need a desperation move QB move to possibly save their jobs. 

Sitting back and doing nothing will definitely get them fired.

You might as well try and fail!

Archived