Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, w87r said:

Signed off came back this morning to 108 new post. To my surprise....

1. Not many Gifs

2. Still no word

Ehh.....see everyone tomorrow.....

Yeah, right I will be checking in all day.

Lets Go Goal GIF by UEFA

Just now, danlhart87 said:

79 pages wow :woah:

200.gif

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’d give money to the kids for declaring this a GIF Free thread.

Dear God, this is insane. 

It’s as if every teenager has been set loose in this thread.   It’s hard to find real information here.   

Please stop!!!!!!! 

The reason it’s hard to find “real information “ in here is because there hasnt been very much since Saturday.....

According to Twitter in the last 24 hours Eagles Wentz trade talks have cooled in part of Eagles not getting what they want

They are being extremely stubborn about Wentz and if they don't act now won't get much for him the longer they wait

I'm kinda hoping Ryan Pace hits the panic button soon and offers something crazy like 2 1st and Eagles have to accept.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Seeing information that Russ might be on the trade market....

GIVE ‘EM WHATEVER THEY WANT, BALLARD

D525DC7E-2682-4CAA-B5AB-80F67000DB80.jpeg

nah not whatever but kid would be good here

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

According to Twitter in the last 24 hours Eagles Wentz trade talks have cooled in part of Eagles not getting what they want

They are being extremely stubborn about Wentz and if they don't act now won't get much for him the longer they wait

I'm kinda hoping Ryan Pace hits the panic button soon and offers something crazy like 2 1st and Eagles have to accept.

nah not whatever but kid would be good here

I say whatever. Horseshoe Heroes put together a trade package of our 2021 1st and 2nd, our 2022 1st, our 2023 1st and second, Rock Ya Sin, and Ryan Kelly. As much as I would miss Kelly, I would take that deal in a heartbeat. That would immediately catapult us to SB contender, and Russ easily has 5-7 years of good football left.

He’s easily a top-5 QB IMO, and he’s a Walter Payton MOTY recipient to boot

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

I say whatever. Horseshoe Heroes put together a trade package of our 2021 1st and 2nd, our 2022 1st, our 2023 1st and second, Rock Ya Sin, and Ryan Kelly. As much as I would miss Kelly, I would take that deal in a heartbeat. That would immediately catapult us to SB contender, and Russ easily has 5-7 years of good football left

He's not worth that much.

I would offer possibly 2 1st and player 

Just now, chickenMan said:

I say whatever. Horseshoe Heroes put together a trade package of our 2021 1st and 2nd, our 2022 1st, our 2023 1st and second, Rock Ya Sin, and Ryan Kelly. As much as I would miss Kelly, I would take that deal in a heartbeat. That would immediately catapult us to SB contender, and Russ easily has 5-7 years of good football left

That package would only be okay for one guy... Deshawn Watson. 

I like Russell Wilson and would love him here but that’s too rich for him. Maybe cut the 2023 stuff and keep Kelly and I think that’s be more appropriate 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

That package would only be okay for one guy... Deshawn Watson. 

I like Russell Wilson and would love him here but that’s too rich for him. Maybe cut the 2023 stuff and keep Kelly and I think that’s be more appropriate 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

He's not worth that much.

I would offer possibly 2 1st and player 

I would agree, that deal is too rich, but the bidding for Wilson would get high. And personally, I’d rather pay the premium for a 5-7 year fix then keep wandering through the QB desert. But to be fair, I personally have little to no hope for any options currently left past Watson or Dak

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I would agree, that deal is too rich, but the bidding for Wilson would get high. And personally, I’d rather pay the premium for a 5-7 year fix then keep wandering through the QB desert. But to be fair, I personally have little to no hope for any options currently left past Watson or Dak

I don’t know. Maybe. And Dak coming off such a gruesome injury, I wouldn’t take the flyer on. 

If I'm Chris Ballard I drag this thing out as close to the start of the new league year as possible. With Wentz being owed 10 million 3 days after the new league year begins the Eagles are going to want to make a move before they have to pay that roster bonus. I believe that Chicago is just a smokescreen that the Eagles are using to try and drive up the price. If their offer is supposedly so much better than the Colts then why haven't they taken it? Personally, I'm not sold on Wentz, but I could support a deal where we get him at a bargain price. I honestly think the longer this drags out the more favorable the deal will be for us because of the fact the Eagles are not going to want to pay that huge roster bonus. It's tough from a fan perspective because we want to know who is going to be under center next year, but I think we might be able to steal Wentz if we are patient. And if it doesn't work out, there are still viable options at QB that are or will be available.

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

If I'm Chris Ballard I drag this thing out as close to the start of the new league year as possible. With Wentz being owed 10 million 3 days after the new league year begins the Eagles are going to want to make a move before they have to pay that roster bonus. I believe that Chicago is just a smokescreen that the Eagles are using to try and drive up the price. If their offer is supposedly so much better than the Colts then why haven't they taken it? Personally, I'm not sold on Wentz, but I could support a deal where we get him at a bargain price. I honestly think the longer this drags out the more favorable the deal will be for us because of the fact the Eagles are not going to want to pay that huge roster bonus. It's tough from a fan perspective because we want to know who is going to be under center next year, but I think we might be able to steal Wentz if we are patient. And if it doesn't work out, there are still viable options at QB that are or will be available.

For the sake of this forum’s collective sanity, I hope Ballard doesn’t draw things out that long lol

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Only 5 teams even have that kind of money.

Jags

Jets

Pats

Colts

Bengals

Ballard wouldn’t give up that kind of money, Bengals have their QB, Jags and Jets have top two picks....unless Kraft buckles under the stress of finally sucking, Dak might only have Dallas to turn to for a decent amount of money. I’ll bet Jerry loves that....

5 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

isn't that in 2 weeks? This forum couldn't handle the suspense

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Ballard wouldn’t give up that kind of money, Bengals have their QB, Jags and Jets have top two picks....unless Kraft buckles under the stress of finally sucking, Dak might only have Dallas to turn to for a decent amount of money. I’ll bet Jerry loves that....

Outside of the fact that he only has about $22m with projected $180m cap

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Did you want Stafford?

Heck no. At any price. I'm on record as saying there still is only one QB worth giving up pics for in quantity and that is Watson but he's never gonna be a Colt, ever. So I'd rather just ride Eason or a rookie and see where the chips fall.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

Did you want Stafford?

If so you should be jumping at the opportunity for Cousins.

I did.   

Not sure where I stand now.    I don't want the Colts to give up too much for a mostly un known talent (Wentz, Darnold).  I don't think Wilson is going anywhere.   Watson is not an option for the Colts.   I have to think the Vikings would want too much for Cousins and I'm not sure if the rumors are even true.  

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Heck no. At any price. I'm on record as saying there still is only one QB worth giving up pics for in quantity and that is Watson but he's never gonna be a Colt, ever. So I'd rather just ride Eason or a rookie and see where the chips fall.

Right on, just checking wasn't sure where you stood on Stafford.

Push comes to shove, Im good with Eason to.

Has Tom Brady ever NOT played QB like a he was just a very good game manager?  He's great, but he looks a lot like what folks would call a game manager, as opposed to Mahomes, Watson, or Wilson.

When he has Moss, he throws for 49 TDs.  When he has Gronk, he's a chain mover.  

Can the other QBs change their game to suit their personnel, or can only do one thing....be the hero?

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Has Tom Brady ever NOT played QB like a he was just a very good game manager?  He's great, but he looks a lot like what folks would call a game manager, as opposed to Mahomes, Watson, or Wilson.

Can the other QBs change their game to suit their personnel, or can only do one thing....be the hero?

Truth be told, Tom was a game manager during their 1st 3 SB wins = 2001, 2003, and 2004. The Pats had superior Coaching, great defense, great O.Line, and great SP Teams. Tom played good and did not turn it over. Not until the 2007 season is where he started puting up Peyton Manning type numbers and officially became all-around great.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

To answer your question, I've only seen 1 other do it.  Peyton in his last two years with Denver, went from chunk plays to a chain mover.

As much as I despise Tom Brady for all things Tom Brady, no one else has ever switched up their game and had success to his level. 

25 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah I give Wilson a pass, because he has been literally running for his life for 9 years. He knows he can't last much longer doing that type of stuff. 

I think a lot of hits by Wilson and Watson for that matter are/have been self inflicted.(hanging on to ball to long, trying to push ball down field to much) trying to do to much as Doug said, be the hero.

Just play within yourself and good things will happen.

You can win championships by dink and dunking, screen and occasionally a few shots down the field.

Just now, w87r said:

I think a lot of hits by Wilson and Watson for that matter are/have been self inflicted.(hanging on to ball to long, trying to push ball down field to much) trying to do to much as Doug said, be the hero.

Just play within yourself and good things will happen.

You can win championships by dink and dunking, screen and occasionally a few shots down the field.

Very true. It has certainly helped keep Tom upright for this long. It also shows how important the running game can be. When the defense is just man-handling on drop backs, switch to runs and give the o-line a little break. It's far easier to block going forwards than to be blocking on your heels. 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

To answer your question, I've only seen 1 other do it.  Peyton in his last two years with Denver, went from chunk plays to a chain mover.

As much as I despise Tom Brady for all things Tom Brady, no one else has ever switched up their game and had success to his level. 

He and Peyton both are very similar. Both make players around them better and can adapt to whatever situation is thrown at them. Peyton went to the SB with 4 different head coaches. Brady has more championships 7-2 so he has done it to a higher level but both are leaders.

Archived