Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Until you actually have another QB that wouldn’t be smart.  You can look for other options and let your offer stand.

They could always call back later, I would tell them we are on to other options and not waiting on them any more though.  I would roll with Jacoby or Eason over trading them two firsts

9 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

They could always call back later, I would tell them we are on to other options and not waiting on them any more though.  I would roll with Jacoby or Eason over trading them two firsts

JB will be an UFA so he must be willing to come back and who knows when or if that will happen

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

JB will be an UFA so he would be willing to come back and who knows when or if that will happen

That is true and i dont really want to start him either.  Just wouldnt wait on the Eagles for months, Carson is an option but hardly our only choice

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Wilson and Fields are not attainable for the Colts

I think one of them will be.  It’ll just require 2 moves up from us.  We first need to move from 21 up to between picks 6-11.  From there you make the draft day jump up to top 3.  Or could easily jump up from say 11th to 5th-7th depending on if one of the top 4 are still there.  That first trade up is the key.  From there all possibilities are open.  Even if we miss on the QB, Ballard could trade back and recoup some lost value or draft a higher rated edge rusher or tackle. Maybe even a shutdown corner if one is still around. 

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think one of them will be.  It’ll just require 2 moves up from us.  We first need to move from 21 up to between picks 6-11.  From there you make the draft day jump up to top 3.  Or could easily jump up from say 11th to 5th-7th depending on if one of the top 4 are still there.  That first trade up is the key.  From there all possibilities are open.  Even if we miss on the QB, Ballard could trade back and recoup some lost value or draft a higher rated edge rusher or tackle. Maybe even a shutdown corner if one is still around. 

Surprise Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Ballard isn't trading up 2x

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Might as well trade up to number one while you are at it.  

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

tag GIF by Golden Globes

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Basically would trade players for the first trade. Then picks for the second. But both moves would have to be coordinated.

Ballard trading up ONCE will be unusual, twice, well the odds of winning the lotto are higher

53 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

They call him Matty Ice

Dumbest QB nickname ever

matt ryan sport GIF by Atlanta Falcons

I want nothing to do with Ryan

I live in massachusetts and its from him playing at Boston College.  I like it.  He got it for never getting rattled.  They said he had ice in his veins.   It's not a play on his name.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If, Florio's math is right, Ballard shouldn't be giving up more than 2/3 round pick and that might be rich.

hard to see how Darnold would be worth as much, let alone more

but I assume the Jets GM, like Roseman, imagines that teams are just waiting to send 1st rounders his way

Archived