Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

On 1/20/2021 at 5:54 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

I feel same way as you, do we just let Eason run a season and save cap space. Draft guys for depth (QB if we get the Staffs choice to land right) , sign a few CBs, a good T/G and maybe a TE. If we go 500 take a QB next draft. This would let us build a stronger more complete team and have the cap ready for when the franchise QB choice is made.

I hate the thought of going.500. I don't think Ballard and Reich will go into the season without a highly talented QB under center.

Jacob Eason, I don't know? If they fill the hole left at LT, I believe they can win it all without an elite QB.  

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe some sort of conversation.

What would everyone's thoughts be on something like this.

2021 4th

2022 2nd(can become a 1st if we win division)

For 

Wentz

2021 5th

A deal like this I think makes more sense because more is placed on what Wentz does here?

Probably obviously not happening(still don't really want him). Jist wondered thoughts on a deal structure like this?

New member but I really think Indianapolis should just go all in and go for Watson. I've written an open letter about this but to summarize Wentz is just not the answer. The only other viable option would have been Stafford but they took a powder on that deal, which wasn't a terrible idea as Stafford is 33 and I think a younger QB would likely be a better fit for Reich. He's prolly gonna command 3 years worth of 1st and 3rd round picks but hear me out.

With the cap space you have and very little dead money on the table, you can afford to go big in free agency at 2 or 3 other positions right now. There should be a couple of really solid prospects as a true 4-3 EDGE on Day 2 this year. The only true beast at that spot in FA with no question marks for Eberflus' scheme is Ngakoue but he's gonna command $15M. Williams out of NY at $11M is better on the interior in a 3-4 but the Giants offense didn't do their defense any favors this year.

Either sign a vet LT for $15M or grab a guy like Peters to fill in for a year and address that spot next year in the second round unless you can get a steal in Round 4 this year. Villenueva would cost but he doesn't have the miles on his body as most tackles his age. Williams is gonna be too expensive at around $18M.

So one of those two positions go big in FA, and use your 2nd round pick this year addressing the other as both OT and EDGE are deep draft classes this year and 3-4 EDGE guys are gonna go first. You don't want to fill that spot with a 4-3 OLB because then you are dependent on blitz schemes. 

CB is gonna be a tough one. I wouldn't risk Rhodes at 2-3 years and $8M annually. But, if you get a true beast at 4-3 edge it will make it easier to develop young corners and take a lot of pressure of of the ones with less talent. and make coverage schemes in general easier to work with. Sherman could be a neat 1 year option because he's scheduled to take a pay cut.

What would be truly awesome and I know this is a soft spot for a lot of Colts fans but.. I'd let Hilton walk this year and grab Fuller from Houston too. He's gonna want around $16M but he's had time with Watson and can still take the top off of a defense. He's still a burner with a big frame and is exactly what this team needs to really open up passing lanes underneath for Doyle, Burton and Pascal. Combine that with a two headed monster at HB in Taylor and Hines and you've got a Top 5 offense.

2 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

New member but I really think Indianapolis should just go all in and go for Watson. I've written an open letter about this but to summarize Wentz is just not the answer. The only other viable option would have been Stafford but they took a powder on that deal, which wasn't a terrible idea as Stafford is 33 and I think a younger QB would likely be a better fit for Reich. He's prolly gonna command 3 years worth of 1st and 3rd round picks but hear me out.

With the cap space you have and very little dead money on the table, you can afford to go big in free agency at 2 or 3 other positions right now. There should be a couple of really solid prospects as a true 4-3 EDGE on Day 2 this year. The only true beast at that spot in FA with no question marks for Eberflus' scheme is Ngakoue but he's gonna command $15M. Williams out of NY at $11M is better on the interior in a 3-4 but the Giants offense didn't do their defense any favors this year.

Either sign a vet LT for $15M or grab a guy like Peters to fill in for a year and address that spot next year in the second round unless you can get a steal in Round 4 this year. Villenueva would cost but he doesn't have the miles on his body as most tackles his age. Williams is gonna be too expensive at around $18M.

So one of those two positions go big in FA, and use your 2nd round pick this year addressing the other as both OT and EDGE are deep draft classes this year and 3-4 EDGE guys are gonna go first. You don't want to fill that spot with a 4-3 OLB because then you are dependent on blitz schemes. 

CB is gonna be a tough one. I wouldn't risk Rhodes at 2-3 years and $8M annually. But, if you get a true beast at 4-3 edge it will make it easier to develop young corners and take a lot of pressure of of the ones with less talent. and make coverage schemes in general easier to work with. 

What would be truly awesome and I know this is a soft spot for a lot of Colts fans but.. I'd let Hilton walk this year and grab Fuller from Houston too. He's gonna want around $16M but he's had time with Watson and can still take the top off of a defense. He's still a burner with a big frame and is exactly what this team needs to really open up passing lanes underneath for Doyle, Burton and Pascal. Combine that with a two headed monster at HB in Taylor and Hines and you've got a Top 5 offense.

No chance Watson ends up here

3 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

CB is gonna be a tough one. I wouldn't risk Rhodes at 2-3 years and $8M annually. But, if you get a true beast at 4-3 edge it will make it easier to develop young corners and take a lot of pressure of of the ones with less talent. and make coverage schemes in general easier to work with. 

200.gif

6 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

New member but I really think Indianapolis should just go all in and go for Watson.

He would have to sit out games with no other teams matching our trade for that to happen.  Right now they are hoping they can bring him back in, i dont think they will but it has to play out

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

2021 4th

For 

Wentz

2021 5th

A deal like this I think makes more sense because more is placed on what Wentz does here?

Probably obviously not happening(still don't really want him). Jist wondered thoughts on a deal structure like this?

Make it a 2021 2nd from the Eagles and id take the flyer

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

He would have to sit out games with no other teams matching our trade for that to happen.  Right now they are hoping they can bring him back in, i dont think they will but it has to play out

Why would he have to sit out games?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Thats the only way I can see them trading him to us.  They have said they dont plan on trading him and the goal is to get him back. I think they will fail but they are going to try to fix it first

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Make it a 2021 2nd from the Eagles and id take the flyer

Yeah, I agree they should be compensating us.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

To show them he is for real about not playing for them.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

OK that's a fair point but at the same time I really think Houston is bluffing. Their cap situation this year is going to be impossible to manage without dealing some players. They can let all of their FAs walk and cut as many David Johnsons as they want but they will still be in trouble next year. 

15 minutes ago, w87r said:

2021 4th

For 

Wentz

2021 5th

I’d be fine with that. Then, we don’t lose all of our capital on a high risk project. 

Archived