Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The problem is that I have a feeling that the Falcons would want more than my 10 acres

I think the key to a trade for Ryan would to have agreement in place for post June 1st trade. So would push compensation to 2022 and 2023, while saving them $23m in 2021 cap space. 

That us most beneficial to them although it would leave $26.5m in dead cap space for 2022.

This route, we would know our QB situation is handled and go about the offseason accordingly.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How'd this go for 70 pages and I didn't notice this? 

19 folks say RE: Ballard finding the QB "Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily"

lol

This is the second 70 page thread on the subject.

Just now, w87r said:

Yeah but once Stafford deal the other thread was locked up and this one took over for it.

until wentz, ryan or whoever becomes our next QB, another will just pop up in its place. I mean, the site is a place to discuss all things football, especially Colts.  That's what people are doing here. Why cut that off? Makes no sense as long as it is relevant, which it is.  The Stafford one become irrelevant once he was traded

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The first QB thread was started September 13 and ended January 30 had 71 pages

Thats about 4.5 months 

This one started January 20 and is at 70 already in nearly 3 weeks 

The next one we should hit 70 pages in 3 days :peek:

And the final one will be 70 pages in 3 hours after we trade up to top 10 to draft Mac Jones :P 

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

:default_20smile:

O.K., we all sense you're jonesing for Jones, but even if we spent the capitol to get into the top 10 to do so?

That move would be very Bears like.

Jones needs the Colts more than the Colts need him. 

I think we are one of the few teams that can accommodate his weaknesses and he would flourish in our system.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Jones needs the Colts more than the Colts need him. 

I think we are one of the few teams that can accommodate his weaknesses and he would flourish in our system.

I can agree with that. I just couldn't justify spending a couple of #1s + to get there.

Especially, when it's likely you don't need to get into the top 10 to get him.

31 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think the key to a trade for Ryan would to have agreement in place for post June 1st trade. So would push compensation to 2022 and 2023, while saving them $23m in 2021 cap space. 

That us most beneficial to them although it would leave $26.5m in dead cap space for 2022.

This route, we would know our QB situation is handled and go about the offseason accordingly.

But what happens with OTA’s  even if they are virtual again. You can’t wait to June to get him involved.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

until wentz, ryan or whoever becomes our next QB, another will just pop up in its place. I mean, the site is a place to discuss all things football, especially Colts.  That's what people are doing here. Why cut that off? Makes no sense as long as it is relevant, which it is.  The Stafford one become irrelevant once he was traded

The Stafford one wasn't just about Stafford. It was about QB options. It turned into mostly Stafford talk later when those rumors cam about. Was a super merge

Anyway, it was discussed amongst mods that it had became to big so it was time to lock it up.

That time is approaching here as well.

52 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So Jason on For the Colture has a new podcast up. He says he is being told the colts have made a offer for Wentz and it’s Ballsrds final offer. 

it also sounded (at least on that podcast) like Ballard 1) likes Wilson and Fields but 2) has little, if any, interest in either Lance or Darnold

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

But what happens with OTA’s  even if they are virtual again. You can’t wait to June to get him involved.

That is a tough situation but he is a vet amd should be fine.

Would drastically make compensation lower on our end I think. It is more to help ATL, I would go ahead and make the deal, if that is what we decide. Just think that ATL would ask for less or maybe give us comp for allowing them to save that much cap space this year.

Ryan isn't going to miss to much if we waited till after June 1st.

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

Would drastically make compensation lower on our end I think. It is more to help ATL, I would go ahead and make the deal, if that is what we decide. Just think that ATL would ask for less or maybe give us comp for allowing them to save that much cap space this year.

The problem is that it took PR half a season to make connections with certain players and he already knew the basics of the Reich Offense   

For all we know it could take even longer for MR and that is without adding in the fact that he would adapt to the O or that the O would have to adapt to him

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The problem is that it took PR have a season to make connections with certain players and he already knew the basics of the Reich Offense   

For all we know it could take even longer for MR and that is without adding in the fact that he could adapt to the O or that the O could adapt to him

Do you think those 10 days(even more so if virtual) ate going to make a huge difference?

Im good with doing the deal now(if that is who the Colts pursue), just feel as ATL might not be and would like to save money this year than lose more.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Do you think those 10 days(even more so if virtual) ate going to make a huge difference?

Im good with doing the deal now(if that is who the Colts pursue), just feel as ATL might not be and would like to save money this year than lose more.

It does away with the first week of school experience that new signees/draftees must go through

18 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

it also sounded (at least on that podcast) like Ballard 1) likes Wilson and Fields but 2) has little, if any, interest in either Lance or Darnold

Saying anything glowing about Top 10 prospects is really not revealing anything.  The other guys he needs to be honest about because they might be available to him. 

To the extent that a GM is not blowing smoke about everything.

22 minutes ago, w87r said:

I suppose the NFL wouldn’t be down with letting him participate with the colts before it’s official? 

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was a lot later for me

Not me.  When my son raced upstairs to tell me that Luck had retired, my first reaction was shock and disbelief.  But that soon gave way to the sinking realization that, very likely, the Colts were going to struggle for years to come to get that elusive QB that all football teams covet, but only few are fortunate enough to acquire.

We'd been fortunate enough to have two in the previous 20 or so years.  And there was a pretty good chance that we were going to have to wander the desert for a while until we got the next one.

A pessimistic view.  But very common in the NFL.

59 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How'd this go for 70 pages and I didn't notice this? 

19 folks say RE: Ballard finding the QB "Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily"

lol

At least half of the "pretty confident" have the same blind faith...they just don't have the photo up because their SO gets jealous.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

i guess not as bad as a i thought, 4th in yards, 1st in attempts, 23rd in Percentage Completed, 16th in QBR (Rivers was 18th), 21st in Passer Rating (Rivers was 13th).

That said, all those were higher than all the QBs we've looked at in trades thus far.  

5 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Not me.  When my son raced upstairs to tell me that Luck had retired, my first reaction was shock and disbelief.  But that soon gave way to the sinking realization that, very likely, the Colts were going to struggle for years to come to get that elusive QB that all football teams covet, but only few are fortunate enough to acquire.

We'd been fortunate enough to have two in the previous 20 or so years.  And there was a pretty good chance that we were going to have to wander the desert for a while until we got the next one.

A pessimistic view.  But very common in the NFL.

I have Never been allowed to be that way 

For the first 25 years of my life I was personally involved with multiple athletic programs and coaches

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Sooooo... Still nothing . Lol

Oh No You Didnt GIF by happydog

Archived