Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep Them Guessing/irsay Says The Choice Between Rg3 And Luck Is "up In The Air" ((Merge))

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very good segment tonight on ESPN. I'm not the biggest Kiper fan, but I like what he says about Lucks stats in the red zone. 70% completion rate. 27td's. No Int's. Regardless, it seems we can't miss on either QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zrcrbUkYZo

I saw this segment this morning. It was excellent. His only drawbacks were pick 6's.....I believe 3....Manning threw some costly pick 6's as well.....all of the great ones have and always will.

Nice Video... Mort is on my chitlist... Lately when he addresses Indy and Manning he pops of with "Manning was fired" and "Peyton's heart is broken" ...

Really Mort? Mortenson is a very good family friend of the Mannings. And the Manning "propaganda" machine has far reaching tentacles.

Manning was NOT fired from INDY, he could have returned "But" that meant giving up control of the situation.

Peyton is a very savvy businessman.

And in the end Irsay stated... "he wants his football team back" ... Now he's got it.

Go Colts

Yep......

You've got that right John Dee! By the way, Morty and Salty Schefty are getting too big for their cell phone britches.

MORT is connected... and it is well know he is connected to the Mannings. Scheffty..... is a wannabe.

I just hate it that Indy and Irsay are being made to look like the bad guys here. It's all about public perception. And Manning does not want to lose that "good ole boy image"... When if fact he is the ultimate alpha male. And wants total control over his environment.

Irsay refused to continue that route of plan.

Now we shall see if he was right or wrong.

MORT is connected... and it is well know he is connected to the Mannings. Scheffty..... is a wannabe.

I just hate it that Indy and Irsay are being made to look like the bad guys here. It's all about public perception. And Manning does not want to lose that "good ole boy image"... When if fact he is the ultimate alpha male. And wants total control over his environment.

I agree that Mort is connected. Schefty actually came on strong with the bounty story and the Tebow drama at virtually the same time. No doubt number 18 needs control. Manning 'fired' gets me going too.

Do we have any pics with our guys with either QB to have fun with it. Just curious.

I found this one.

240619.jpg

Things going through Mike Shannahan's mind when this happened.

1. 'I hope I didn't mess this up'

2. 'This is that handshake kids do now a days right?'

3. 'If I mess this up this will be over espn and the nfl network all day'

and the classic

4. 'Do these pants make my hips look fat?'

Things going through Mike Shannahan's mind when this happened.

1. 'I hope I didn't mess this up'

2. 'This is that handshake kids do now a days right?'

3. 'If I mess this up this will be over espn and the nfl network all day'

and the classic

4. 'Do these pants make my hips look fat?'

Who is the lil fella behind RG3? He is saying " I have had enough of this drama, and I need to go potty." HA HA!

Which is why I might have been slightly stunned if he had went to SF. Jim Harbaugh-alpha male. Peyton Manning-alpha male

"Pey-Luck" was never going to happen. Neither was "Pey-Bow" haha.

Many fans will understand more of this as time goes on I believe.

Time will tell....

Which is why I might have been slightly stunned if he had went to SF. Jim Harbaugh-alpha male. Peyton Manning-alpha male

"Pey-Luck" was never going to happen. Neither was "Pey-Bow" haha.

Many fans will understand more of this as time goes on I believe.

Time will tell....

anyone that thinks Pro Football players and coaches DON'T have egos are insane.

I

Jim must think were really stupid how up in the air is it if we have a private workout with Luck and not RG3. We arent going to draft him based on just his proday that Pagano went to but not Grigson or Irsay? Irsay is becoming the celebrity type owner we all feared was happening months ago.

As stated by many above I can't see it not being Luck that they take but it's not 100% confirmed and nor will it be till draft day I don't think. That can be put down to due diligence as a lot can happen between now and the big day. Even if they do strike a deal in the background I can't see it being made public knowledge.

My preference is for Luck, but if they were to take RG3 that I'd still give my full backing to the man under centre, even if I was somewhat grinding my teeth!

Jim Irsay - Media Troll

He's just messing them around lol.

Agreed. The media deserves to be trolled. It probably goes deeper than that though. If we took Griff that might upset some of Washington's plans later in the draft.

I really want Luck and I am not excited about Griffin. Please, oh please don't go with the "cool kid" Mr Irsay.

Do you think RG3 would prefer the Colts over the 'Skins? I know you can't say for sure but the impression that you get from Luck is he genuinely wants to play for us, though he would be stupid of course to say anything different. Just seems a very neat fit given the type of player/personality he's appears to be, his interaction with Peyton previously at the Manning camps etc etc.

Actually I'm suprised that no-one has asked #18 who HE thinks the Colts should take.

Actually I'm suprised that no-one has asked #18 who HE thinks the Colts should take.

His answer would be quite disappointing and political. It's like when they asked him and Tebow about their new roles "I'm just here to do my best and fill whatever role.....blah blah blah". lol.......

Here.....I'll answer it for Peyton;

"Peyton, who do you think the Colts should take with the #1 overall pick"?

"Well I think it's an exciting opportunity for the Colts as well as Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin. The Redskins and the Colts would both be very fortunate to have either of these guys as their QB."

Inside his head Peyton's thinking "Are you kidding me? Luck or bust".

Put me in the Luck camp. If they draft RGIII, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about this going forward. I've been around since 84 and if that is their decision, I would have traded the pick and kept Peyton. Even with Luck, letting Peyton go was tough but I supported it. I also realize the media hype with Luck could (to say the least) be over hype. That being said, I like everything I see and hear about Luck. I think he's going to be good. I will really have to think hard if it's the end for me as a ticket holder.

His answer would be quite disappointing and political. It's like when they asked him and Tebow about their new roles "I'm just here to do my best and fill whatever role.....blah blah blah". lol.......

Here.....I'll answer it for Peyton;

"Peyton, who do you think the Colts should take with the #1 overall pick"?

"Well I think it's an exciting opportunity for the Colts as well as Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin. The Redskins and the Colts would both be very fortunate to have either of these guys as their QB."

Inside his head Peyton's thinking "Are you kidding me? Luck or bust".

I don't think your far wrong there if the media was to ask. We'll never know what went on behind closed doors during the whole saga but I do wonder if he had any input to offer the FO on the his replacement once it was decided he was leaving.

It's getting to the point now like with Manning where you wish the Draft was done and dusted so we could stop the endless media speculation and non stories. So far this one is winning for me as the most inane article on Mr Luck

http://bleacherrepor...-will-be-a-bust

I've never posted on this Forum, but I finally got around to signing up. Glad to see fans are optimistic about the future of the team. Everyone I talk to here in Florida thinks we made such a bad decision with Manning and the other veterans, but I tell them they didn't appreicate the whole situation and Irsay made a smart decision for the team. If you're buying stock as a fan, figuritively speaking, now is great time! I can't wait to see Luck and the offense grow. Also, who else thinks the new scheme is going to scrape a little redemption out of Jerry Hughes? Go Colts!

Then Irsay should make a statement announcing the intentions and then sign that guy a few days before the draft.

I get what you are saying, but since Luck can't be hands on at this point I'm not seeing the benefit as being that big.

I can agree with that

If Im Luck Im thinking twice about coming to Indy and playing for Irsay. Are you serious its up in the air? I like to give people a lot of crap for Luck on here cause its fun but if hes our guy we dont need to have the owner messing with this kids emotions.

If Irsay blows this and selects RGIII, I am burning everything colts that I own. RGIII was a second round draft pick just several months ago.. you dont gamble and select the magic beans because they are shiny and everyone is talking about them. You look at history, and feel proud that you take Luck and know that you selected the next John Elway/Peyton Manning. If Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb, Vince Young had won a Superbowl, then you could at least debate about it... but there is NO DEBATE. It is final. It is Luck. It is Destiny.

WHY WOULD HE LIE? WE DONT NEED A SMOKESCREEN WE HAVE THE 1ST PICK. Irsay has become a fan of having drama surrounding him. Now that Peytons gone and no one is paying attention to Indy. He feels the need to come out with this to keep attention on himself. I wanted Bill Polian gone but I think Polian was the only guy that kept Irsay in check.

OK - I am not a college ball scout by any means and I admit I just started watching RGIII highlights.

But it seems to me that his mechanics are not fine tuned and he is not running a pro-style offense.

He does look very strong and obviously has a little more running threat than Luck. Is there something that I am missing here?

Seems like Luck should be signed, sealed, delivered. Not even a question.

Wow, in reading lots of comments about this debate, it seems overwhelming that most fans are in the Luck camp. I will say a good organization will not listen to fans when it comes to making personnel decisions, but in this case, if they draft RGIII and he ends up being marginal, the club is going to be labeled as a joke with Irsay being a meddlesome owner and a unqualified front office. A lot a FA won't want to come here, etc. The fan base will shrink and we could be back to Colt's football pre-Peyton...attendance included. However, if they take Luck and he doesn't pan out to be a superstar, I feel the fans will say they made the right choice and not bail out so quickly.

Put me also in the camp that is starting to worry about Irsay's penchant for wanting the headlines and spotlight. I kind of prefer the owner that decided to let his football people make decisions and he be the owner. I'm hoping the FO is not his puppets. We'll see...

First part of comment goes to Mareen- 10 minutes of reading this post to get to the bottom and see it's moved to the Draft. LOL, just kidding, it does belong oer here

As to the suspense and decision, there is a lot at stake here obiously as we all know. The Great Manning is gone along with alot of cast players as we go into the rebuild mode, We should have been thinking this way a long time ago even with Manning here, see last seasons performance to check if this is right.

As to the choice, Luck and Griffin are both outstanding QBs and time will tell who rises higher in performance and legend (?). I favored Griffin originally, but my concern is his past injuries and size and whether in the long run he can physically take the pounding he will get in the NFL. I now would prefer Luck as our pick, but I don't see all the film, stats, behind the scene talks with those who have played with and coached these young men I will put my faith in the FO and hope we come out with the best answer. Either way I will support the team and our New Quarterback and teammates.

The Redskins really want RG3 and this talk is to make them nervous. The Colts have 10 draft picks this year, but need more (or better ones). Don't be surprised if the Redskins make a pre-arranged swap with us in the midst of the draft, partly as a thank you for not taking RG3.