Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep Them Guessing/irsay Says The Choice Between Rg3 And Luck Is "up In The Air" ((Merge))

I can almost see RG3 in a Skins uniform when I close my eyes. And good luck to him in a top pass rushing division too. In ours, it is becoming much softer.

Personally I always thought of RG3 as an entertainer. I think the media may go bonkers for this kid...if they have not already.

I see Luck as more a franchise saver in the mold of a young Peyton Manning.

It's a no brainer to take the franchise saver/changer with the first pick in the draft and Irsay will.

You know I agree that that would be the only rational move. However, I have seen first hand how, sometimes, people will act irrationally.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I agree that that would be the only rational move. However, I have seen first hand how, sometimes, people will act irrationally.

Let us not get overly concerned here froggie. We know all this probably has been carefully mapped out for a while.

Irsay has been speaking about his plan for a while.

Luck is the first overall no brainer pick in the draft.

I don't even get why there has to be any sort of online debate or with the media either.

Such is life I suppose.

It's like the Eli vs. Peyton debates. If you're a casual fan and just look at stats, it might be a topic for discussion. But if you really look at their careers, it isn't even close

It's not to that point yet. Once he joins the team it can become about that.

At this point it is about risk vs. reward of signing a contract before they have to.

That is the point. Luck needs to be the face of the Franchise now. Stop all the mystery, all the questions and get the deed done and start moving forward. Irsay has just done what is equal to putting the Franchise in purgatory. He gutted his FO, coaching staff, and on field team and history show that teams that do that take a long time to recover. Irsay needs to start taking risks if he wants to recover and be relevant in a few years. That is why I say that the rewards out weigh the risk.

It's like the Eli vs. Peyton debates. If you're a casual fan and just look at stats, it might be a topic for discussion. But if you really look at their careers, it isn't even close

Cant compare Eli to Manning, Eli has had a running game his whole career he could use while Manning had it only for a short time with Edge before he got hurt but if we all insist on comparing Eli is on pace with Peyton in every category except completion percentage, Manning has a significant edge in that category. Although Eli hasnt had to carry the team on his back like Peyton it is closer then what people. will Eli bet known as the better quarterback at the end of his career? probably not but thats not cause he isnt as good as Manning that speaks more to the surrounding cast around Eli, its been better since day one, some might say this is a Peyton bashing post but I am aware of what hes done for the city, the fan base and that he carried us for years but I wouldnt be surprised if Eli edged Peyton in stats, hes already got him in rings (to this point), do I see Peyton getting another ring? could happen but I wont count on it, could I see Eli getting another ring? of course, just look at the defense hes surrounded by, I know Denver has a solid defense a solid Linebacker core (not great but solid) but Champ isnt gettin any younger and that line struggled mightily in the playoffs especially against the blitz, I really hope Peyton gets another ring its just the odds are against him especially compared to Eli

Cant compare Eli to Manning, Eli has had a running game his whole career he could use while Manning had it only for a short time with Edge before he got hurt but if we all insist on comparing Eli is on pace with Peyton in every category except completion percentage, Manning has a significant edge in that category. Although Eli hasnt had to carry the team on his back like Peyton it is closer then what people. will Eli bet known as the better quarterback at the end of his career? probably not but thats not cause he isnt as good as Manning that speaks more to the surrounding cast around Eli, its been better since day one, some might say this is a Peyton bashing post but I am aware of what hes done for the city, the fan base and that he carried us for years but I wouldnt be surprised if Eli edged Peyton in stats, hes already got him in rings (to this point), do I see Peyton getting another ring? could happen but I wont count on it, could I see Eli getting another ring? of course, just look at the defense hes surrounded by, I know Denver has a solid defense a solid Linebacker core (not great but solid) but Champ isnt gettin any younger and that line struggled mightily in the playoffs especially against the blitz, I really hope Peyton gets another ring its just the odds are against him especially compared to Eli

The Giants as a whole stepped it up in the playoffs this year but their run game ended the year ranked dead last and the defense around 27th.

It was hardly a powerhouse team.

Eli was a constant though this season for them in the 4th quarter and in the clutch.

That is the point. Luck needs to be the face of the Franchise now. Stop all the mystery, all the questions and get the deed done and start moving forward. Irsay has just done what is equal to putting the Franchise in purgatory. He gutted his FO, coaching staff, and on field team and history show that teams that do that take a long time to recover. Irsay needs to start taking risks if he wants to recover and be relevant in a few years. That is why I say that the rewards out weigh the risk.

I guess the risk vs reward of the negative things that might happen(no matter how small) out weight the small benefits from signing him now.

What do you do if he tears his ACL? Blows out his rotator cuff? Blows out an achilles? Did you ever google Brandon Burlesworth?

Irsay's already taken the risk, that was kicking the 4 time MVP out the door. There is just no benefit of signing him this soon. If there was, then go for it, but there isn't.

Oh and if you don't know the Burlewsorth story it's quite clear the Colts are a new found love for you.

The Giants as a whole stepped it up in the playoffs this year but their run game ended the year ranked dead last and the defense around 27th.

It was hardly a powerhouse team.

Eli was a constant though this season for them in the 4th quarter and in the clutch.

Id still take Bradshaw or even a younger Jacobs when they had him over Addai, Brown, I really expected much more from Hart when he was with the team I was really hoping but that unfortunately didnt work out, I wonder where he is now maybe we could use him lol, I know our offensive line wasnt physical and were built pass first though, hopefully the offensive line will grow together and jell and we will have a decent running game, I assume I just like Jacobs style of running better, a big bruising back although has a terminal case of fumbleitus of which Addai, Edge and any of our other running backs in recent years have had I expect Carter to fix his fumble problems this year, and I would take the Giants defense over ours, younger in my opinion more talented position by position

I guess the risk vs reward of the negative things that might happen(no matter how small) out weight the small benefits from signing him now.

What do you do if he tears his ACL? Blows out his rotator cuff? Blows out an achilles? Did you ever google Brandon Burlesworth?

Irsay's already taken the risk, that was kicking the 4 time MVP out the door. There is just no benefit of signing him this soon. If there was, then go for it, but there isn't.

Oh and if you don't know the Burlewsorth story it's quite clear the Colts are a new found love for you.

No, i was places where the only way to follow any sports was through newspapers and some where 2-4 weeks old. I left Indiana in 1975 and returned in 1998. I read between the lines well and realize that this player had that happen to him. The question is then had the owner just gutted the FO, coaching staff and on-field team. If the answer answer is yes, then your concern is valid and understandable, if the answer is no, then my point is still valid and viable. As i said before, let us agree to disagree.

Irsay just trying to confuse everyone, but the fact of the matter is, Luck will be the #1 overall pick on April 26th. Irsay is trying to make it seem not obvious, and it's mot working.

The Manning situation also went down to the wire. But, anyone who read the signs correctly knew he was likely going to be released weeks before it happened.

No, i was places where the only way to follow any sports was through newspapers and some where 2-4 weeks old. I left Indiana in 1975 and returned in 1998. I read between the lines well and realize that this player had that happen to him. The question is then had the owner just gutted the FO, coaching staff and on-field team. If the answer answer is yes, then your concern is valid and understandable, if the answer is no, then my point is still valid and viable. As i said before, let us agree to disagree.

I don't see what bearing what the owner did or didn't do as being part of the equation.

It's rather simple concept.

Now if you want Irsay to come out and declare that Luck or RGIII or whoever is the # 1pick then by all means let him tweet it till his thumbs have blisters.

There is still not a valid reason to sign that player this early.

Irsay also said that he wanted to keep manning and wanted manning as a colt, but look at the ending of that situation. I think Irsay is seeking more Media Attention, or some sort of Attention. He knows who he wants, just like he knew he was going to move on away from peyton.

To me I think the move away from Peyton was the best choice, to be honest, Luck will be the guy. As most of you know I like(d) RG3 more than I did luck, but I got to say, Lucks pro day was impressive, his speed for his build is impressive, his attitude and confidence is impressive, and to me I think that if we didnt take Luck, I might even be a little upset, because we let great player slip away

Moderators, please merge if necessary.

http://www.nfl.com/d..._headline_stack

This is a very good segment tonight on ESPN. I'm not the biggest Kiper fan, but I like what he says about Lucks stats in the red zone. 70% completion rate. 27td's. No Int's. Regardless, it seems we can't miss on either QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zrcrbUkYZo

I don't see what bearing what the owner did or didn't do as being part of the equation.

It's rather simple concept.

Now if you want Irsay to come out and declare that Luck or RGIII or whoever is the # 1pick then by all means let him tweet it till his thumbs have blisters.

There is still not a valid reason to sign that player this early.

I am basing my discussion from a morale stand point and I guess I did not do a good job.

I am basing my discussion from a morale stand point and I guess I did not do a good job.

Then Irsay should make a statement announcing the intentions and then sign that guy a few days before the draft.

I get what you are saying, but since Luck can't be hands on at this point I'm not seeing the benefit as being that big.

Oh and if you don't know the Burlesworth story it's quite clear the Colts are a new found love for you.

FJC..... :stop: ...it wont get through. Nice try though. The fact that a pick could be damaged or lost entirely by draft day makes signing early an extremely unprofessional move, IMO. Besides, they have already moved on to the next pick as far as planning. That doesn't mean they wont listen if a call comes......

This is a very good segment tonight on ESPN. I'm not the biggest Kiper fan, but I like what he says about Lucks stats in the red zone. 70% completion rate. 27td's. No Int's. Regardless, it seems we can't miss on either QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zrcrbUkYZo

Nice Video... Mort is on my chitlist... Lately when he addresses Indy and Manning he pops of with "Manning was fired" and "Peyton's heart is broken" ...

Really Mort? Mortenson is a very good family friend of the Mannings. And the Manning "propaganda" machine has far reaching tentacles.

Manning was NOT fired from INDY, he could have returned "But" that meant giving up control of the situation.

Peyton is a very savvy businessman.

And in the end Irsay stated... "he wants his football team back" ... Now he's got it.

Go Colts