Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's been awhile...

Patrick Miller

.... Since I've been this excited and optimistic about an upcoming season! The off-season acquisitions.... Rivers and Buckner especially......also what looks to be a fantastic draft.....I can't wait to see Pittman and Taylor out there! I might just be putting on my Ros..er... blue colored glasses on but then again......

I have been excited since Ballard brought in Reich and 3 straight solid

draft classes. This program has never appeared this solid from the 

very top with Irsay to the very bottom locker room manager. 

If you can't get jacked about your Colts then go get checked for

Covid 19 because you aren't feeling very well.

With the addition of Buckner, and Rivers and our current players, we have a very, very good team.  If a couple of our draft picks are legit, and TY stays healthy, we will be a DANGEROUS team, and serious contender to win it all.

Rivers will be the key. If he’s rejuvenated, the O will click. I’m confident the D will be much better. Super Bowl team? Not sure about that. But an ascending team that is now able to contend in every game and fun to watch? Absolutely. 

50 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Rivers will be the key. If he’s rejuvenated, the O will click. I’m confident the D will be much better. Super Bowl team? Not sure about that. But an ascending team that is now able to contend in every game and fun to watch? Absolutely. 

They contended with other teams last season, they should be a 10/11

win season at least without the Luck fiasco and Vinetieri shanking 

kicks at the hot dog vendor.

I like the optimism and I am on board.  I'll be so bummed if the season doesn't happen or is shortened.  

I was thrilled with the Buckner pick up.  I am a bit concerned that he will not be able to change the whole "D" like many are hoping.  He was fortunate in San Fran to be playing along several other elite defense-men.  Now he is the man who must make this line work.   If the rest of the line makes the most of what Buckner will bring, the "D" pass coverage will benefit greatly.  

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

Since I could hold my head up high, It's been awhile since I could.... ohhh

I was thinking the same thing when I read the title  :)

And it's been awhile
Since I've seen the way the candles light your face
And it's been awhile
But I can still remember just the way you taste

Staind.  Break the Cycle.  It's Been Awhile.

I think we’ve hedged the heck out of our QB bets this year.  Ala Peyton in his final NFL season, Rivers doesn’t need to gunsling for us.  With a running game like we should have, he’ll just have to get us into the right play and keep Ds honest.  But if he fails, JB, could pick up hopefully where he left off BEFORE last season’s injury.  And again, the running game and extra weapons will help him.  And then, now you have two young guys you can develop.  In a year where there was no possibility for a definitive solution, we’re just bringing a lot of options into camp...

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

They contended with other teams last season, they should be a 10/11

win season at least without the Luck fiasco and Vinetieri shanking 

kicks at the hot dog vendor.

He had an autograph deal going with the hot dog man.

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think we’ve hedged the heck out of our QB bets this year.  Ala Peyton in his final NFL season, Rivers doesn’t need to gunsling for us.  With a running game like we should have, he’ll just have to get us into the right play and keep Ds honest.  But if he fails, JB, could pick up hopefully where he left off BEFORE last season’s injury.  And again, the running game and extra weapons will help him.  And then, now you have two young guys you can develop.  In a year where there was no possibility for a definitive solution, we’re just bringing a lot of options into camp...

I was right there with you...up to the JB part.

I’m cautiously optimistic that:

The season will be played 

The Colts will go far in the playoffs (due to the schedule which is no cakewalk).

There is talk of putting mannequins in the stands, or possibly some players from the Grigson era, which would be roughly the same. 

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I'm pretty optimistic about this team. With the additions I can't see much downside to this team. 

Like any team in the NFL there are a few spots we could use more depth but I like our projected starters. 

Yeah, like the O-line depth

3 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I’m cautiously optimistic that:

The season will be played 

The Colts will go far in the playoffs (due to the schedule which is no cakewalk).

There is talk of putting mannequins in the stands, or possibly some players from the Grigson era, which would be roughly the same. 

Lol

Bringing Rivers in here makes this team interesting again immediately. Not only here but nation wide as well.

Slow starts should be a thing of the past. And because of Rivers style of play. The Colts should be more  fiery and hyped. Instead of calm and boring. 

Archived