Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Mack be traded?

BProland85

With bringing in Taylor, there really isn't a need for Mack. Mack has shown he can be a starting RB in this league. I wonder what another team would give up for a very young capable starting RB. If Ballard could get a 4th out of him I'd be happy considering they drafted him round 4.

He could be, but the acquiring team would have to give up a pick plus meet his $8mil demand if they want him more than just one year. (which I think was the report).  

IOW, No.  He has little trade value.  

If he plays well, he might sign a big enough contract next offseason to earn us a comp pick in two years.

I wouldn't be devastated if we did, but I think they can fit together next year.

I think we are something like 1-7 without Marlon Mack on the field. For everyone saying we can stick anybody behind this line and be productive, having a great backup just in case your starter gets hurt is important.

2 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

Keep the wear and tear off of Mack. Great 1-2 punch. Wilkins at 3 and Hines....can't ask for much more.

We're built to run and stop the run....we will be a handful in the playoffs. 

Actually we r built to stop the pass. On  the way to pursuing the qb hopefully we tackle the rb if it is a run play.

I don't see heavy trade value in Mack that would really be worth it but I don't know crap.  JT also has some things he needs to fix as well, suring up his pass blocking and limiting fumbles.  I see them both being great compliments to each other this year.  Sides Mack does seem to get banged up periodically so having JT in there is a bonus.  

Regarding extensions or contract stuff I'm guessing that's all awhile away.  

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

With bringing in Taylor, there really isn't a need for Mack. Mack has shown he can be a starting RB in this league. I wonder what another team would give up for a very young capable starting RB. If Ballard could get a 4th out of him I'd be happy considering they drafted him round 4.

No Mack is definitely needed

Archived