Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Rollins] Jordan Love Scouting Report - Jordan Love Has SHOCKINGLY High Potential... But He’s Flawed

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stitches said:

He will be good if whichever team gets him has a good supporting cast and the coaching staff of that team coaches him up and gets him to not play hero ball that was most of his problem in 2019 same with Rivers the o-line was garbage couldn't run the ball he played hero ball and it led to a 20 INT season. For Love it led to an 18 INT season.

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

He will be good if whichever team gets him has a good supporting cast and the coaching staff of that team coaches him up and gets him to not play hero ball that was most of his problem in 2019 same with Rivers the o-line was garbage couldn't run the ball he played hero ball and it led to a 20 INT season. For Love it led to an 18 INT season.

Maybe... the Colts can be that team with good supporting cast, good OL, good coaching staff? 

I'm one of the bigger Love fans on this board. Pretty good breakdown of his strengths and opportunities for improvement.  I love the upside.  Rather have someone that demonstrates that they can make all the throws and needs to be more consistent and coached up.  I think we all have spoiled with having 2 incredible high ceiling/low risk prospects in Peyton and Luck.

BTW the information in the beginning of the video is incorrect.  The 2018 Utah St staff/coach was not fired.  After a pretty successful career at Utah St, Matt Wells was hired away by Texas Tech after they fired Kingsbury.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just saw this. Going to be interesting where he goes. If a team that has him as a day one pick needs a QB he might go first round. Others might wait until the second. Only takes one team. I find it hard to believe the saints would pass on him if he falls.

Don't see the Pats passing on him either. 

1 hour ago, Superfly said:

I doubt he drops to pick 34, but if he did, I’d think selecting Love is a no brainer with not one QB signed in 2021. 

If Love is still available after Day 1, the Bengals are going to have some serious suitors for the 33rd pick. If the Colts want the guy, they could cut a deal with the Bengals that ensures Cinn only drops one slot in the second round.....such as the 34th pick and the Colts' 4th rounder. Cincy still gets whomever they wanted at 33 and the Colts get Love for a bargain. A lot of what ifs here, but I could definitely see the Colts cutting that deal. 

10 minutes ago, Hoose said:

If Love is still available after Day 1, the Bengals are going to have some serious suitors for the 33rd pick. If the Colts want the guy, they could cut a deal with the Bengals that ensures Cinn only drops one slot in the second round.....such as the 34th pick and the Colts' 4th rounder. Cincy still gets whomever they wanted at 33 and the Colts get Love for a bargain. A lot of what ifs here, but I could definitely see the Colts cutting that deal. 

I’d think a team at the end of round one like the 49ers would make sense. The Colts get the the fifth year option and SF gets to recoup more draft capital — I think they’re missing all of their day two picks.

38 minutes ago, BSteph1 said:

I’d think a team at the end of round one like the 49ers would make sense. The Colts get the the fifth year option and SF gets to recoup more draft capital — I think they’re missing all of their day two picks.

34 and 122 for 31 

57 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Would the Bengals take back to back QBs though? They’ve got a lot of issues to address. It would be a hard sell to other teams that they’d threaten to take Love just after getting Burrow. 

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Would the Bengals take back to back QBs though? They’ve got a lot of issues to address. It would be a hard sell to other teams that they’d threaten to take Love just after getting Burrow. 

The “threat” is that whoever better jump up & get him because they KNOW the Colts will take him with the next pick.  There’s no chance he gets past the late first round though.  If Ballard wants him & the Raiders don’t take him at 19, he’ll have to jump in front of Patriots & Saints at 23 & 24.  Viking have the Bills’ pick at 22 & their own at 25.  I think 22 is where Ballard will make his move if Love is still on the board. 

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The “threat” is that whoever better jump up & get him because they KNOW the Colts will take him with the next pick.  There’s no chance he gets past the late first round though.  If Ballard wants him & the Raiders don’t take him at 19, he’ll have to jump in front of Patriots & Saints at 23 & 24.  Viking have the Bills’ pick at 22 & their own at 25.  I think 22 is where Ballard will make his move if Love is still on the board. 

That’s fair. And I agree, it would be surprising if Love fell out of the first round entirely. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

That isn’t the issue. The issue is people would want to jump in front of the colts. I agree though he will go late first because teams will want that 5th year option.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That isn’t the issue. The issue is people would want to jump in front of the colts. I agree though he will go late first because teams will want that 5th year option.

Why do people on here assume the Colts are even interested in Love?

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah I realized it haha. I suppose if we hypothetically say he falls to the second, how highly rated is he to other teams? 

24 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

its not normal for gms to go to utah for one thing.  there have been reports from love himself and the media that the team has been in contact with him several times

6 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

ballard is going for it all this season, her wont waste a pick on a project qb,

Huh. This is the perfect time to get that one year project since we have rivers.

There seems to be some more noise that Burrow is telling the bengals he doesn’t want to play for them and they are shopping the number one pick.

28 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

They wouldn’t be staying in touch with him if they weren’t interested. So yes there is some interest there. Love said himself colts have been talking to him so it’s not just rumor. The colts will have to determine what he is worth if they still want him. Do they value him so high to trade way up. Do they trade if he falls to the end of the first. Or all they comfy just letting the draft come to them and ok if they miss out. Or maybe they will determine they don’t like him at all.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They wouldn’t be staying in touch with him if they weren’t interested. So yes there is some interest there. Love said himself colts have been talking to him so it’s not just rumor. The colts will have to determine what he is worth if they still want him. Do they value him so high to trade way up. Do they trade if he falls to the end of the first. Or all they comfy just letting the draft come to them and ok if they miss out. Or maybe they will determine they don’t like him at all.

So the Colts and Love are publicly saying this before the draft? I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Huh. This is the perfect time to get that one year project since we have rivers.

There seems to be some more noise that Burrow is telling the bengals he doesn’t want to play for them and they are shopping the number one pick.

we need skill game changing receivers if we are going for it, not a project qb who may not even pan out

25 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

we need skill game changing receivers if we are going for it, not a project qb who may not even pan out

Exactly. We have two young project QBs on the roster. Not sure why we would draft another one with our second round picks. We need wr,te,ol

49 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

So the Colts and Love are publicly saying this before the draft? I doubt it.

Huh. All we know is Love has confirmed he has stayed in contact. The rest of the stuff was my opinion on how the colts thought process would be with love and if they decide they want him where they feel comfortable to do so.

Here's the biggest question......they won 11 games in 2018 and FIRE their entire coaching staff prior to 2019? Who da fuq does that? 

Second takeaway......he was one of 2 starters on offense that returned from 2018 to 2019.

Flawed or not I still like him as a prospect.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

There have been multiple threads with stories about Ballard being at games featuring Jordan Love for two years right here on Colts.com.    And I’m talking about multiple threads each year.

Congratulations!   You managed to miss them all!    Every one of them!   Not sure how you managed to do that?   Impressive.   

Ballard showing interest in Love is one of the worst kept secrets in football....   
This doesn’t mean he will draft him.  It only means we have some interest,... 

9 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Here's the biggest question......they won 11 games in 2018 and FIRE their entire coaching staff prior to 2019? Who da fuq does that? 

Second takeaway......he was one of 2 starters on offense that returned from 2018 to 2019.

They didn’t fire anyone. Texas tech fired their coaches and the Utah state coach took that head coaching job. I am not sure if he took anyone with him to TT.

16 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Utah State didn’t FIRE the whole staff!   Where’d you get that idea?    The staff got hired away by another college.   Not sure where they went,  but they got a better job and left.  I think they went to Texas Tech....

The new staff did not do a very good job.   Even NFL evaluators noted that.   Plus, the team lost 9 starters from the successful 18 offense.   So the replacements on the 19 offense were much less talented.   

Bottom line:  Love was surrounded by less talented players AND less talented coaches.  A perfect recipe for having a poorer year his last season in college. 

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Utah State didn’t FIRE the whole staff!   Where’d you get that idea?    The staff got hired away by another college.   Not sure where they went,  but they got a better job and left.  I think they went to Texas Tech....

The new staff did not do a very good job.   Even NFL evaluators noted that.   Plus, the team lost 9 starters from the successful 18 offense.   So the replacements on the 19 offense were much less talented.   

Bottom line:  Love was surrounded by less talented players AND less talented coaches.  A perfect recipe for having a poorer year his last season in college. 

The video said fired, so I went with it. But I agree with your sentiment.

Archived