Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady was interested in Colts

Probably gun shy about being left at the altar again.... Bad one apatriot do it to them, and then one QB.... Probably not keen on having to lay out big money and years in that context to trust an ancient guy who happens to be both of the things we've been burned by the past two off-seasons... Lol no way to a Patriot/QB.... Lmao

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Complete liability?

Yeah, it must’ve been terrible for those poor Patriots and their fans...   they had to suffer through yet ANOTHER 12 win season!    It’s an outrage!

Oh come on they played the weak NFC East and their own division. The defense and run game carried him

After the Buckner and Rivers signings I assumed one of the reasons for Ballard to be so willing to part with such a high pick is that he didn't like any of the QBs and by extension by going all in on win now moves, we were less likely to go for a QB high in the draft.

This new report about Brady, if truthful, IMO goes against my previous assumption and I probably underestimated Ballard's willingness to still go after a QB high in the draft. Maybe even trade up for one? Lets see what happens I guess... but not wanting long-term old QB is precisely what you do when you plan on getting a young player in. 

Just now, CR91 said:

Oh come on they played the weak NFC East and their own division. The defense and run game carried him

Sure....   that’s what it was...   of course it was...     riiiight...    it had nothing to do with Tom Brady.    Keep telling yourself that....

Speaking of weak divisions...   how’s that AFC South looking?   Are you ready to acknowledge that maybe some of the success the Colts have had for the last 20 years was due to playing in a weak division?   Hmm?

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

After the Buckner and Rivers signings I assumed one of the reasons for Ballard to be so willing to part with such a high pick is that he didn't like any of the QBs and by extension by going all in we were less likely to go for a QB high in the draft.

This new report about Brady, if truthful, IMO goes against my previous assumption and I probably underestimated Ballard's willingness to still go after a QB high in the draft. Maybe even trade up for one? Lets see what happens I guess... 

New report?     This Brady story?   Picking Rivers over Brady?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

New report?     Sorry, I haven’t seen it yet....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/23/sean-payton-coronavirus-tom-brady-bucs-nfl-fmia-peter-king/

Peter King in his column:

Though the Brady camp had interest in Indianapolis, the Colts seemed to be set on Philip Rivers on a shorter deal.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure....   that’s what it was...   of course it was...     riiiight...    it had nothing to do with Tom Brady.    Keep telling yourself that....

Speaking of weak divisions...   how’s that AFC South looking?   Are you ready to acknowledge that maybe some of the success the Colts have had for the last 20 years was due to playing in a weak division?   Hmm?

Sure. I won't say no, but it's more competitive then the AFC east ever was. I'm rooting for the bills this year to be division champs

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the colts only wanted a one year deal that really makes me think maybe they are looking at a QB in this draft.

With Rivers and Brissett being on one year deals I am pretty sure Ballard has something up his sleeve. Could it be a draft pick or a trade?  Ballard has now done the deal no one thought he would with the Buckner trade and the signing of Rivers. Now we haven't a clue what direction Ballard may head. 

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Does it matter? Brady was a complete liability last year.

Brady was just fine, better than Rivers anyway. One thing people don't realise is how bad that Patriots roster is. Belichick refused to upgrade so Brady went to the superior team, giving him a really good chance to win again. Simple as that imo. 

6 minutes ago, rayski said:

Brady was just fine, better than Rivers anyway. One thing people don't realise is how bad that Patriots roster is. Belichick refused to upgrade so Brady went to the superior team, giving him a really good chance to win again. Simple as that imo. 

Just maybe it was Belichick who wanted the upgrade? 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just maybe it was Belichick who wanted the upgrade? 

100% possible, imo they both just want to prove they can do it without the other one. Their fallout have been brewing for a while. 

We need to wait and see who that "upgrade" is anyway. 

13 minutes ago, rayski said:

Weapon wise, yes the team was poor, but they still had a top 10 run game and top 5 defense

4 minutes ago, rayski said:

100% possible, imo they both just want to prove they can do it without the other one. Their fallout have been brewing for a while. 

I'm not sure if it's a prove it thing. Maybe it was lets just move on down the road thing. 

Do you honestly think if Belichick thought he could still win games with Brady the Patriots would have found a way to keep him? 

I watched  quite a bit of Brady last season and IMO he don't have the ability to carry a team like he has in the past. His passing percentage and QBR were below Brissetts. Think about that for a minute. :dunno:

Do you think for one second that drafting a 43 yr old QB that is 5 + yrs older than the one we signed can actually make a difference? I think not, Rivers knows the system the Colts currently are in, and he's worked with the two coaches in the past.  So scrub the idea with Brady ever being signed....

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I'm not sure if it's a prove it thing. Maybe it was lets just move on down the road thing. 

Do you honestly think if Belichick thought he could still win games with Brady the Patriots would have found a way to keep him? 

I watched  quite a bit of Brady last season and IMO he don't have the ability to carry a team like he has in the past. His passing percentage and QBR were below Brissetts. Think about that for a minute. :dunno:

100% he isn't as good as he once was but he is perfectly capable of winning with the right team, just like Manning was. It's all about the fit. Brady with his current skill set is better off with the Buccs than with the Patriots. Reports said, Brady was considering to stay but after the lack of moves and help he decided to move on. 

Only time will tell us who made the right/wrong decision but looking at the Patriots roster, I have more faith in Brady than the Patriots atm. 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Weapon wise, yes the team was poor, but they still had a top 10 run game and top 5 defense

Yeah and they had a playoff run. But that's the past anyway. Looking to the next season, I don't see anything w the Patriots that would suggest right now they are contenders(AFC wise, AFC East wise probably) 

8 minutes ago, rayski said:

Yeah and they had a playoff run. But that's the past anyway. Looking to the next season, I don't see anything w the Patriots that would suggest right now they are contenders(AFC wise, AFC East wise probably) 

Bills imo should easily win the east

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Bills imo should easily win the east

Agreed, although I like Darnold more than I like Allen., hoping the Jets will put up a fight. And obviously you gotta respect Belichick and what he has done but that roster at least on paper now, looks weak.

4 hours ago, rayski said:

The upgrade's name is Trevor Lawrence. Let the tanking begin!!

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

And here I thought Tom Brady was good at reading defenses.

Didn't he realize that there was No Way that the Indy fan base would ever, Ever, EVER cheer for him?  SMH

meh, fans would cheer anyone who helped the team win. I would cheer for Brady if he was a colt....always seemed like a good guy.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

meh, fans would cheer anyone who helped the team win. I would cheer for Brady if he was a colt....always seemed like a good guy.

I agree. Though I wonder if Ballard’s reasoning for not signing Brady was more about his distrust for that organization than it was Brady’s playing ability or contract desires.

8 hours ago, rayski said:

Did you literally write the sentence....  “Belichick refused to upgrade...”?   Is that what you meant to write?   Is “refused” really the word you want to use?

Look at that paragraph again.   Is that really what you meant to say?   Do you want to try and re-write that?   

Look forward to your response....

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did you literally write the sentence....  “Belichick refused to upgrade...”?   Is that what you meant to write?   Is “refused” really the word you want to use?

Look at that paragraph again.   Is that really what you meant to say?   Do you want to try and re-write that?   

Look forward to your response....

:FlamingoDancing:

1 hour ago, rayski said:

:FlamingoDancing:

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean?    No reasonable adult would.   So I’m assuming you’re young and don’t know much about football.  You just like posting and trolling.

You had a chance to explain yourself.  You had a chance to correct yourself.   And you passed on both.   An adult wouldn’t do either. 

Congrats...    few if any are going to take you seriously now....  trolls are not exactly popular here...

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean?    No reasonable adult would.   So I’m assuming you’re young and don’t know much about football.  You just like posting and trolling.

You had a chance to explain yourself.  You had a chance to correct yourself.   And you passed on both.   An adult wouldn’t do either. 

Congrats...    few if any are going to take you seriously now....  trolls are not exactly popular here...

Man, the way you conduct yourself doesn't deserve an answer/chat.  Or should I give you a chance to rephrase yourself?Correct yourself? Is it really what you meant to say? Is it? Get real. Your method is laughable and I'm not interested in these games.

Archived