Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Agrees To Go To Denver [Mega-Merge]

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id want to knock him out of the playoffs, nobody can tell me the reason he didnt go to the 49ers was because he didnt want to play Eli, did anyone ever think in the next 3-4 years it could be Gaints and Broncos in the SuperBowl regardless? now with manning they are a definite playoff team, but Superbowl? I suggest the wide receivers focus on getting better first, and did anyone see what the Patriots defense did to them? now I know Peyton is wayyyyyyy far from a Tim Tebow in more areas then one, Manning can pick up the blitz but Tim can run like heck to buy time if their is an all out blitz which we have seen in the past Peyton on ocassion struggles with, obviously they will have to Jell as a team beyond Peyton just liking the team for whatever reason, I will be interested to see how things unfold but my main attention will be on the Colts lets not forget whats done is done and we actually are addressing the defense among other things

cmon man..Orlovsky torched the Pats 'D' last year..as did everyone not named Tebow.

I bet Peyton wears No.16 in Orange Bronco uniforms :), or he will wear No.19 since #18 is retired.

The guy who has the number retired (Frank Tripuka), said he wanted make #18 available to Peyton. His quote was "He should have it. Let's give it to him".

They don't have a stud RB they have 1 good young WR, the D is not as good as some think. I just feel the 49ers are way ahead of them.

Stud running backs are overrated. Frank Gore is really good, but he'll be 29, and his numbers are ticking down. The Niners went out and signed Randy Moss, who may or may not be good anymore, and the Giants third best receiver. And their offensive line is suspect. I'm surprised you didn't mention Vernon Davis, who would actually be the biggest selling point for the Niners, I think. But I don't think they're miles ahead of Denver.

Denver's defense wasn't good by the numbers, but they have a lot of good players who came up with a lot of big plays down the stretch last season, players that didn't get the acclaim they should have because everyone was obsessed with Tebow Time. They have a really good running game, without having a stud back like the Niners do. Really good special teams (including a kicker who made a 59 yard game winner last year). They scored 19 points a game last year with a quarterback who couldn't complete 50% of his passes. Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are both good young receivers. And they have a ton of cap space to add a couple of pieces. And they have a higher draft spot than the Niners with which to add players.

I like the Broncos as a destination. I think it's a good fit, and I think that because there's a lot of room for improvement (8-8 instead of 14-2), they'll take on a completely different identity where Manning has the freedom to do what he does best. I'd be surprised if they don't win 11 games and take the division this year.

Elaway >>>ed the Colt's the year before they moved to Indy.What a traitor.I bet Jim doesn't talk much to him anymore going off to bucky teeth's team.

I don't get this? The Colts were a horrid franchise back then, not just a team, I mean the franchise, the FO. Elway made a smart move not coming here. He became a legend in Denver and yet people have this blind hate for him. I hate this gang mentality. Not smart.

Today you will hear it officially he is a Bronco. So the greatest traitor to the Colts history John Elway will stand sid by side with the second best Colt to throw a pass. Well at least he did nnot go to Tennessee.

Second best... thats funny..

Healthy Texans + Patriots = Both better than any NFC team aside from maybe San Fran. Not only that, the Patriots shredded the defense he is going to in Denver twice in four weeks last season. Bad choice if winning is your primary goal, although not as bad as the Titans would have been.

Manning should have listened to his head on this one. Eli has two rings thanks to the Giants' defense. Peyton could have had up to three more with San Francisco's.

You're suggesting that they're both better than the Packers? Nope. Patriots are done. And the Broncos won a playoff game with Tebow they can win a SB with Manning. Anything but Tennessee is fine by me.

I love reading your posts and stuff firejim but those other players have not had 4 neck surgeries,which is a very delicate situation.So yes he is much more susceptible right now.

This is 100% false. His neck is now stronger than before the injury. So, if only talking about injuries related to his surgery, he actually has less chance of injuring his neck than the other 31 starting qbs.

I am not just throwing this out there.... I have had basically the same 3 procedures and 1 surgery very similar to peyton's and asked my surgeon many questions about Peyton at my appointments.

This is 100% false. His neck is now stronger than before the injury. So, if only talking about injuries related to his surgery, he actually has less chance of injuring his neck than the other 31 starting qbs.

I am not just throwing this out there.... I have had basically the same 3 procedures and 1 surgery very similar to peyton's and asked my surgeon many questions about Peyton at my appointments.

Not exactly true. His fusion made his C6-C7 juncture stronger (Titanium plate strong), but by doing so, it made his C5-C6 juncture, and his C7-C8 juncture that much weaker.

Really???? Manning spends 6 hours with the Broncos and then additional time working out and throwing for them, plus who knows how many times talking on the phone with them and yet anyone thinks they can talk about what type of sense his decisions makes? When you have 1/100th of the information Manning gathered then come back and talk about whether the decision made sense or not.

I don't get this? The Colts were a horrid franchise back then, not just a team, I mean the franchise, the FO. Elway made a smart move not coming here. He became a legend in Denver and yet people have this blind hate for him. I hate this gang mentality. Not smart.

And people never stop to consider, if Elway had not made (the wise) decision the Colts probably would not have been in position to draft Manning and therefore would not be in position to draft Luck.

The NFC is really thick. Peyton wants no part of that. You've got Rodgers, Cam, Eli, and a whole host of other teams jockeying to get to a Super Bowl. Also lets not forget brees and Stafford's teams.

Peyton knew this and that's why he's not in the NFC.

I was with you till you said Cam... I dont think the Panthers are going to a Super Bowl anytime soon..

You are not ganging up on gangs are you?

I love reading your posts and stuff firejim but those other players have not had 4 neck surgeries,which is a very delicate situation.So yes he is much more susceptible right now.

Actually the doctors say different. His neck is healed and in no more danger than anyone else .

we kinow how Manning does outdoors in cold and snow; not that good

Manning's splits in cold weather, outdoor vs. indoor, grass vs. turf, are all pretty similar. It's a misconception that he plays worse outdoors. And the Broncos don't play in bad weather every week, so it's really not that big of a deal. This weather/conditions thing is really overstated.

Bad weather not overstated Colts got bombed by Jets in NJ 41-0 and we know how he did in NE during the snow TWICE in Playoffs; so yes, wetaher is indeed a factor

You just picked three games from eight years ago, out of probably 30 in his career.

Bad weather not overstated Colts got bombed by Jets in NJ 41-0 and we know how he did in NE during the snow TWICE in Playoffs; so yes, wetaher is indeed a factor

Weather rarely gets more intrusive than it did in our SB victory. Manning obviously knows his limitations and, as well, knows he can play in bad weather. He has a running game now and he ain't afraid to use it.

Another misconception is the weather in Denver being super cold/horrible. The weather isn't as bad as many seem to think.

2009-2010-2011
Month Games Avg Temp
Sept 5 80.4
OCT 6 54.8
NOV 6 50.8
DEC 4 55.0
JAN 4 38.3
25 56.4

9/20/2009 Reg CLE 82
10/4/2009 Reg DAL 55
10/11/2009 Reg NE 30
11/9/2009 Reg PIT 55
11/22/2009 Reg SD 51
11/26/2009 Reg NYG 57
12/20/2009 Reg OAK 57
1/3/2010 Reg KC 36

9/19/2010 Reg SEA 91
9/26/2010 Reg IND 85
10/17/2010 Reg NYJ 73
10/24/2010 Reg OAK 63
11/14/2010 Reg KC 43
11/28/2010 Reg STL 45
12/26/2010 Reg HOU 50
1/2/2011 Reg SD 42

9/12/2011 Reg OAK 75
9/18/2011 Reg CIN 69
10/9/2011 Reg SD 52
10/30/2011 Reg DET 56
11/17/2012 Reg NYJ 54
12/11/2011 Reg CHI 50
12/18/2011 Reg NE 63
1/1/2012 Reg KC 35
1/8/2012 PS Pitt 40

1 game below freezing in 3 years.. Of course that doesn't mean that the next 5 years they won't have 15 games where it is freezing.

I don't like this. I don't know if I can cheer for the Broncos...I really don't like Elway

Meh same here. But if against the Pats/Chargers/Steelers etc. in the playoffs I might feel differently. Who knows.

Thanks Peyton for keeping Mario Williams off the Titans as they chased you though.

Just hope Jesus does not get back at him now for Tebow. ;) J/K

I guess it would kinda suck to see Peyton get to the playoffs again though and lose to one of the same AFC usual suspects in the playoffs. Such is life though.

I still think the next SB winner is from the NFC again anyway.

Just hope Jesus does not get back at him now for Tebow. ;) J/K

I guess it would kinda suck to see Peyton get to the playoffs again though and lose to one of the same AFC usual suspects in the playoffs. Such is life though.

I still think the next SB winner is from the NFC again anyway.

There are so many jokes to make about this. Tebow prayed the Broncos would have a really good QB next year...now they have Peyton. Tebow prayed that the Broncos make it to the Super Bowl next year...his prayers were answered when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning.

In all seriousness, I think Elway really didn't want Tebow as his franchise QB (and part of me thinks "can you blame him?"), so he did whatever he could to get Peyton. That would give him a reason to get rid of Tebow without angering the fanbase

There are so many jokes to make about this. Tebow prayed the Broncos would have a really good QB next year...now they have Peyton. Tebow prayed that the Broncos make it to the Super Bowl next year...his prayers were answered when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning.

In all seriousness, I think Elway really didn't want Tebow as his franchise QB (and part of me thinks "can you blame him?"), so he did whatever he could to get Peyton. That would give him a reason to get rid of Tebow without angering the fanbase

This is maybe the only thing that never sat right with me about the Broncos and Manning. And with all 3 teams left in the race something bugged me a bit with all 3.

With the Broncos I know they wanted to upgrade from Tebow but it's like Elway would do ANYTHING to get rid of him and it had to be a bigger name so the fans could understand the reasoning in the end.

I hope for Manning's sake this truly can work out and it's not just a way to dump Tebone.

I really don't like it when a player tries to decide where he plays. The whole not playing for the Colts thing when he got drafted doesn't sit well with me. It's not just him though, I didn't like it when Eli did the same thing.

I see. I said it earlier; Not coming here was the best decision Elway ever made. What Eli did was considerably worse considering the state of the SD franchise. Comparing the state of the SD franchise during Eli's draft and the state of the Colts franchise during Elway's draft, lol...........the Colts were Bush league junk. Treacherous and dysfunctional. I simply don't get how anyone could blame him for spitting on Bob Irsay and his defunct organization.

Besides, that fateful decision likely led us to Manning, as another poster mentioned earlier. But I get it, some players just get stuck in yer crawl. Myself......I HATE Tebow and I can't even put my finger on the 'why' of my hate for him.