Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What team will have #1 pick 2021

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Very rarely do teams pick #1 twice in a row but it's possible

Let's say they take Burrow...

They can't take Lawrence then next year

They would probably trade down to #2 or #3 and pick Ja'Marr Chase while picking up a boatload of picks for Lawrence!

10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If we don't take a QB this draft I hope it's us but who knows. 

What's your prediction...

Bengals are such as mess, even if they take Burrow, I don't see them winning more than 3 games tops. I'd put the Chargers up there as well if they don't find a QB or resign Rivers. 

20 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Very rarely do teams pick #1 twice in a row but it's possible

Let's say they take Burrow...

They can't take Lawrence then next year

Even though the Bengals r not run that well, they mayb thinking exactly just that.  Trade Burrows and load up on picks. They will have a good shot at #1 next year.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:46 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

Bengals will be at the bottom again.

In their last 7 games, they were competitive in all but one (NE).

Miami and Washington had the largest differential deficits so I'm going with Washington. Maybe Miami if they take Tua and sit him for the year. Or Miami if they simply don't take a QB at all.

I still think Miami should pass up a QB this year and tank for Lawrence or Fields next year. Why draft a guy with injury issues this year, who will sit out anyway, when you get Lawrence or Fields next year. They have plenty draft capital to make it happen.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:55 AM, stitches said:

Carolina if they let Cam go and don't pick a QB... Maybe even if they pick a QB.

DJ and Bucky said on their podcast that Carolina makes the most sense as a team that could “lose a lot of games” lol. They didn’t want to say the T word. It makes sense though. If they role with Grier and Allen, they could easily get there. They need to fix their O-line and add some more defensive pieces anyways.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

DJ and Bucky said on their podcast that Carolina makes the most sense as a team that could “lose a lot of games” lol. They didn’t want to say the T word. It makes sense though. If they role with Grier and Allen, they could easily get there. They need to fix their O-line and add some more defensive pieces anyways.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like they might be a team to trade up with if we like a specific QB. They probably will be willing. 13 seems perfect range for the OLinemen in the draft. 

The 49ers would've been on a lot of Top 5 lists last year and they made the SB, so who knows. 

The Bengals get Burrow, and their line returns healthy (a lot of draft cap spent there) they could make some noise. They have a solid young nucleus on offense without Burrow...Boyd, Auden Tate, Mixon, and they should be able to resign AJG for pennies. 

3 minutes ago, coltsva said:

That would be pretty much every year.

I like the Jets to take a big step this coming year honestly, especially if they get Jeudy or Lamb in the 1st. Darnold is still younger than Joe Burrow lol, and he's been in the NFL for 2 whole seasons, the kid is gonna be great when his #1 WR isn't Robby Anderson or Quincy Enunwa. They get Chris Herndon back at TE, add a WR or 2 via the draft, and they have a top half D as is, look out. 

On 2/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, danlhart87 said:

If we don't take a QB this draft I hope it's us but who knows. 

Just wow. I mean, I cannot understand hoping the team you follow is the worst team in the league next year. 

Like the next year after that will be some magical elixer?