Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JB Vs Winston

ColtJax

Maybe it's just me, but if the Bucs offered an even trade I'd still do it. Winston is a turnover machine, but he's an ultra talented gun slinger. If he can be reeled in a bit he can be a top 5 QB. JB is at his Max, not bad but not a top 20 QB either. I'd rather roll the dice with a super talent, if it doesn't work we'd be in the same place we are now, looking for that guy..

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

winston will be a free agent in the off season, but some writers think he will be franchise tagged

If JB can get a franchise tag...so can Winston. But it's the prudent move...because he might have some trade value...depending on how the FA market and draft falls. He's only 25...and can obviously sling it. If a team believed they could curtail the INTs...he should be seen as a top half QB you could win with.

This topic is ridiculous. I am from a FSU family and wouldn’t touch Winston with a 50 foot pole. 

not only will be become the first 30 TD 30Int player in NFL history. He has off field issues. Like suspended for serious stuff, off field issues.  

the bashing of JB has now reached insane levels. 

• Like 7

I think scheme and coaching could likely clean up a decent amount of the INTs, but not all. 

He does have a much higher ceiling that JB, but I really don't like him as a person (I really dislike FSU too). Still probably take him over JB as I think Reich could be successful molding him and he wouldn't be asked to do near as much with our OL and running game.

Regardless, still prefer to draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

This topic is ridiculous. I am from a FSU family and wouldn’t touch Winston with a 50 foot pole. 

not only will be become the first 30 TD 30Int player in NFL history. He has off field issues. Like suspended for serious stuff, off field issues.  

the bashing of JB has now reached insane levels. 

I'M also from the FSU family, if he was just starting then no. But you do know that he hasn't gotten into any issues ince his rookie year? He has been a model citizen since that Uber issue.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They just need a running game in Tampa so he doesn’t have to play hero ball. Their defense is pretty good.  He is a lot of fun to watch.

Their defense is poor.  Just because it looked decent against the Colts doesn’t mean it’s pretty good. 

8 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Maybe it's just me, but if the Bucs offered an even trade I'd still do it. Winston is a turnover machine, but he's an ultra talented gun slinger. If he can be reeled in a bit he can be a top 5 QB. JB is at his Max, not bad but not a top 20 QB either. I'd rather roll the dice with a super talent, if it doesn't work we'd be in the same place we are now, looking for that guy..

I do think Jameis is a talent for sure, but that turnover problem is a serious issue.  He's been in the league long enough now to have shown some progress and it's still not better even with Arians, Tom Moore and whoever else helping him.   I'm not sure how I feel right now, but I will say I do think he's a better talent than JB.  I'm kind of iffy on the issue.  I think he's got better vision than JB, but he's a bit too confident in the arm which causes really irritating mistakes.   He's always had a high QB IQ, but he lacks some discipline and he's not better than JB in the maturity department.   I will say if Reich could fix the issue Winston would really good, but I'm not sure if he can. I think when Jameis is on he does have the ability to will a team to win and put up big numbers.  But his lack of discipline is also the cause of the team losing games.   If it wasn't for his turnovers they should have won that game against Houston.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPStack said:

The Buccaneers are planning on retaining Winston. 

Good because he will never win anything turning the ball over like he does.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The next time someone defends Colts fans as knowledgeable...  I’m going to remind people of this thread. 

Full of crazy talk.... 

JB wins 100-0 and he still sucks, welcome to Indy land haha 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good because he will never win anything turning the ball over like he does.

JB wins 100-0 and he still sucks, welcome to Indy land haha 

I didn’t see today’s game.   Judging by the stats, JB wasn’t very good.   But what I fear is four months of this.  Every quarterback that has a rumor connected to his name is going to have a minimum of at least one thread devoted to (A) he’s better than Jacoby and (B) should we trade for him?  Should we sign him as a free agent?  Should we draft him?  What round?

Some of this I get.   It’s to be expected after a season like this.  I’m NOT defending Jacoby.  But there’s just so much poop being flung against the wall hoping it sticks...  it can drive you crazy! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ColtJax said:

scooby doo stop GIF

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I didn’t see today’s game.   Judging by the stats, JB wasn’t very good.   But what I fear is four months of this.  Every quarterback that has a rumor connected to his name is going to have a minimum of at least one thread devoted to (A) he’s better than Jacoby and (B) should we trade for him?  Should we sign him as a free agent?  Should we draft him?  What round?

Some of this I get.   It’s to be expected after a season like this.  I’m NOT defending Jacoby.  But there’s just so much poop being flung against the wall hoping it sticks...  it can drive you crazy! 

JB's presence is amazing/leadership but he is not a guy that carry a team like a Peyton or Luck. He is above average IMO. We can win with him but he needs a good team around him to do so. This team has me confused as well, I am not sure what we should do.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB's presence is amazing/leadership but he is not a guy that carry a team like a Peyton are Luck. He is above average IMO. We can win with him but he needs a good team around him to do so. This team has me confused as well, I am not sure what we should do.

Come on 2006. We can win big with a QB that threw for 119 yds today. Tells me we could have won with any QB in the league today.  You have to admit he contributed almost nothing. Wasn't going to comment on JBs game today but man couldn't not respond to this. If he is above average then most QBs in the NFL are above average so I then have to ask you, above average to who or what?

Will still take JB over Winston for many other reasons other than talent.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB's presence is amazing/leadership but he is not a guy that carry a team like a Peyton or Luck. He is above average IMO. We can win with him but he needs a good team around him to do so. This team has me confused as well, I am not sure what we should do.

JB can lead this team, and he has taken great strides. But when we need a critical 1st down, we seem to have a wide open receiver and JB misses him by 4 yards, constantly, it seems.  I just don’t see that ever improving enough...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Come on 2006. We can win big with a QB that threw for 119 yds today. Tells me we could have won with any QB in the league today.  You have to admit he contributed almost nothing. Wasn't going to comment on JBs game today but man couldn't not respond to this. If he is above average then most QBs in the NFL are above average so I then have to ask you, above average to who or what? 

No turnovers and he ran for 1 TD. He had complete control of the O. You can't put everything on Stats. He didn't do anything to mess it up. Of course Hines was the MVP but it is a team game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

JB can lead this team, and he has taken great strides. But when we need a critical 1st down, we seem to have a wide open receiver and JB misses him by 4 yards, constantly, it seems.  I just don’t see that ever improving enough...

JB is confusing. 1 game he will miss someone wide open. Then the next game he will hit Mo Alie Cox down the seam for 20 on a beauty like today or run like Vick for 24. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No turnovers and he ran for 1 TD. He had complete control of the O. You can't put everything on Stats. He didn't do anything to mess it up. Of course Hines was the MVP but it is a team game.

There were over 20 QBs this weekend so for who threw for more yards, some 2-3 times as many and had no turnovers. Fitzpatrick had a pick and  still threw for 419 yds.

He didn't play terrible today but no way do I see him as an above average QB in the NFL.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They just need a running game in Tampa so he doesn’t have to play hero ball. Their defense is pretty good.  He is a lot of fun to watch.

He is a lot of fun to watch but I couldn't imagine being a Bucs fan. He would b so frustrating to watch. He throws as many pics as touch downs.  There is no way so would want him as my starting qb 

9 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

There were over 20 QBs this weekend so for who threw for more yards, some 2-3 times as many and had no turnovers. Fitzpatrick had a pick and  still threw for 419 yds.

This is one of the best games I have watched all year. I just don't see the point in saying we won despite the QB. Why the hate? Go Jordan Love I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think no matter what Brissett does moving forward unless he wins the SB will never be good enough. You follow Peyton and Luck that is tough.

We once again agree. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try for another great one. Remember the old childhood saying "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again"? I think we keep trying and not settle for mediocrity.

• Like 1