Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson and Leonard selected to Pro Bowl

PeterBowman

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They list Leonard as ILB.... 

the voting is weird.  they usually vote a bunch of edge rushers in at OLB but then make them play a 4-3 in the game itself

maybe they put him there because they know he was totally snubbed last year due to the above  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the voting is weird.  they usually vote a bunch of edge rushers in at OLB but then make them play a 4-3 in the game itself

maybe they put him there because they know he was totally snubbed last year due to the above  

i could see them making him an ILB if they were playing a 3-4

just strange.

I know the pro-bowl has been more of a popularity contest, but it has to kinda stink for guys to work hard and earn a Pro Bowl spot and the recognition that comes with it only to find out that Jacoby is an alternate and realize it's all a sham. Is Andy Dalton an alternate too?

3 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

I know the pro-bowl has been more of a popularity contest, but it has to kinda stink for guys to work hard and earn a Pro Bowl spot and the recognition that comes with it only to find out that Jacoby is an alternate and realize it's all a sham. Is Andy Dalton an alternate too this year?

Yeah, in a couple years you’ll click on Jacoby’s Wiki page and it will say Pro Bowler 2019. 

It’s meaningless unless they’re All Pro. Haven’t watched a PB in game 25 years. 

2 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

For the guys that are great at finding stats, I wonder where Jacoby would sit on the list of all time lowest passing yards and TDs to make it to the pro bowl. 

Well Teddy made it with 14 TD 10 INT in 2015-16. It’s so watered down it’s sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

There aren’t very many good qb in the AFC if Jacoby made it as a alternate.

All jokes aside, i am surprised and would like to know the voting.  I am not beating up JB, but to say i’m surprised is an understatement.

A list of perceived talent of AFC QBs is in order i think.

Or maybe there are 10 or so alternates per team.

EDIT:

i was just looking at QB stats and noticed JB and Minshew have almost identical stats.  Games played, yards, comp %,  Int, etc.  surprising.

2nd EDIT:

in the AFC this year there is a drop after Jackson, mahomes,watson.  So JB does in fact being there as much as any other.

The NFC currently has more elite types at the moment.

There again, showing how difficult elite types are tuff to find.  Perhaps, looking around the AFC, JB isnt as bad (relatively speaking) as some think.

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

All jokes aside, i am surprised and would like to know the voting.  I am not beating up JB, but to say i’m surprised is an understatement.

EDIT:

i was just looking at QB stats and noticed JB and Minshew have almost identical stats.  Games played, yards, comp %,  Int, etc.  surprising.

2nd EDIT:

in the AFC this year there is a drop after Jackson, mahomes,watson.  So JB does in fact being there as much as any other.

There again, showing how difficult elite types are tuff to find.  Perhaps, looking around the AFC, JB isnt as bad (relatively speaking) as some think.

jackson, Mahomes, Watson, Rivers, Brady and Carr are all a better pick than Jacoby.  

18 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

EDIT:

2nd EDIT:

Go look at his QBR nuff said .

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

They list Leonard as ILB.... 

I could be mistaken, but I think the most direct comparison to a 43 WILL is a 34 ILB. 

I think an OLB generally indicates the LB has some edge setting or non-blitzing pass rushing responsibilities.

12 hours ago, Myles said:

jackson, Mahomes, Watson, Rivers, Brady and Carr are all a better pick than Jacoby.  

I thought of rivers and Carr.  But their seasons are no better than JB.

obviously i discounted the 3 that actually made the pro bowl.  There is a huge dropoff after 3, a MAJOR dropoff granted, but JB (this year)  isnt any worse than the others.  We should give the giy a lil credit or at least support.  Tho we havent liked the outcome,  JB has given all, and handled himself better than most.

Why the big hoopla?  Im not sure.  I think its just an opportunity for the negative types to complain.  If its not JB, its something else. Im sure they complain about their wives, their jobs, having to get up in the morning, you know the type.  They are probably complaining about Christmas as we speak.

Who really cares?  Its the alternate list.  But i guess its a great opportunity to kick a guy whos struggling so one can make themselves feel better about their own lives.

This is freshman-year psych 101.

I cant remember the last time i heard a Colt fan COMPLAIN that one of our boys got a little credit or notice.  Its embarrasing.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I could be mistaken, but I think the most direct comparison to a 43 WILL is a 34 ILB. 

I think an OLB generally indicates the LB has some edge setting or non-blitzing pass rushing responsibilities.

The PB roster (#s of each position) suggests it will running a 4-3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

I thought of rivers and Carr.  But their seasons are no better than JB.

obviously i discounted the 3 that actually made the pro bowl.  There is a huge dropoff after 3, a MAJOR dropoff granted, but JB (this year)  isnt any worse than the others.  We should give the giy a lil credit or at least support.  Tho we havent liked the outcome,  JB has given all, and handled himself better than most.

Why the big hoopla?  Im not sure.  I think its just an opportunity for the negative types to complain.  If its not JB, its something else. Im sure they complain about their wives, their jobs, having to get up in the morning, you know the type.  They are probably complaining about Christmas as we speak.

Who really cares?  Its the alternate list.  But i guess its a great opportunity to kick a guy whos struggling so one can make themselves feel better about their own lives.

This is freshman-year psych 101.

I cant remember the last time i heard a Colt fan COMPLAIN that one of our boys got a little credit or notice.  Its embarrasing.

Carr has had a better season than Brissett.

Completion % - Carr 70, Brissett 62

Yards - Carr 3400, Brissett 2700

TD's - Carr 19, Brissett 18

INT's - Carr 8, Brissett 6

QB rating - Carr 99.5, Brissett 90.9

QBR - Carr 61.1, Brissett 54.3

Not sure why Brissett got it instead of Carr.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good point Myles. can't wait for them trying to justify Brissett over Carr after these facts.

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

Similar, but you are right.

They say our players really like JB.  Perhaps his peers do too.

SOMEBODY voted for him, and it wasn't fans. (I saw a list of fan voting #s). It had to be other players and coaches.  Perhaps media?  Are they included?

• Like 1