Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Soooooo nobody is gonna talk about....

VaAllDay757

2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

He obviously knew exactly who jack is.  Give it a rest.

by the way, for what it’s worth- I’ve been a Colts Fan since 1958.  I was 4, raised in a Home full of Colts Fans.  There was no Colts Fan Forum for me to join then.

Hmmmm.  Ever since the 'Greatest Game ever played', huh. Me too.

• Like 2

Its kind of interesting this season how we focus on one player each game to blame for things.  First AV, then JB, now AC; maybe Luck for retiring.

Maybe we should blame the roster and the GM for every play or loss?  It was the in-thing to do a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

Some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous and still on this Andrew Luck hate thing. That’s extra ridiculous. Luck gave his body to this organization for years, and it cost him. Who cares if his body is destroyed, right? Luck retiring has NOTHING to do with the struggles this team is experiencing with missed blocks, injuries, missed kicks, etc. But go ahead and call him a db. Entitled bunch of crybabies. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous and still on this Andrew Luck hate thing. That’s extra ridiculous. Luck gave his body to this organization for years, and it cost him. Who cares if his body is destroyed, right? Luck retiring has NOTHING to do with the struggles this team is experiencing with missed blocks, injuries, missed kicks, etc. But go ahead and call him a db. Entitled bunch of crybabies. 

I am not going to blame Luck for anything.  He has every right to walk away when he wants too and doesn’t have to do it when it’s perfect timing for the Colts.  However, to pretend that losing the guy the team is built around less than two weeks before the season started didn’t have a major impact on this team just isn’t true.  No Luck didn’t miss the block, or miss the kicks, or cause the injuries but this team would have been very different with him.  With that said, he’s not here you are right about that.  At some point you have to move on.  The team has.  The fans should follow suit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, a06cc said:

Don’t think the Special Teams will be fired at the end of season.

A lot of the guys will be different due to rookies/FA pickups next year, so kind of lol.

New kicker, LS, Coach, and...I think we go with a new holder(back-up QB?). 

That should help the unit dramatically. Hopefully, we pick up a new returner as well that can make better judgement calls than Rogers! 

13 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

A lot of the guys will be different due to rookies/FA pickups next year, so kind of lol.

New kicker, LS, Coach, and...I think we go with a new holder(back-up QB?). 

That should help the unit dramatically. Hopefully, we pick up a new returner as well that can make better judgement calls than Rogers! 

The holder is Rigo the punter.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

22 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

That's why I said back-up QB!

I realize that. Rigo does a great job handling the punting duties, but is a below average holder IMO. 

I don’t think they are going to change that.  Honestly more of the problems I’ve seen have come from the snapping than Rigo.  Even McAfee I think said Rigo had no chance on the kick in Pittsburgh.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Its kind of interesting this season how we focus on one player each game to blame for things.  First AV, then JB, now AC; maybe Luck for retiring.

Maybe we should blame the roster and the GM for every play or loss?  It was the in-thing to do a few years ago.

Definitely  luck for retiring 

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

There's a lot of bad to talk about, but I don't see AC as the reason we lost. 

Sure 7pts on the FG block, but also 10 pts from INTs. 

Also, we're not trying to kick 4 FGs (only making 1) if the O doesn't stall out.

The OL regression talk is hilarious. They'd be ranked #1 if we had a QB with low time to throw.

I also didn't get why they changed it up with Williams, and seemed to run him in zone blocking instead of man (which was highly successful the last two weeks).

The Williams thing is another series of questionable coaching decisions imho. They do some very weird stuff. It’s almost like they are trying to outwit themselves by just randomly changing up things that work. I swear they work from the magic 8 ball when making choices. It’s odd. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlanNC said:

AC should get some blame for the blocked kick but Hunt deserves most of the blame.  Watch the play again.  

Hunt said it was his mistake, he got caught up with a player who wasn't his responsibility and it allow the TN player to slip by him for the block. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jdubu said:

The Williams thing is another series of questionable coaching decisions imho. They do some very weird stuff. It’s almost like they are trying to outwit themselves by just randomly changing up things that work. I swear they work from the magic 8 ball when making choices. It’s odd. 

Yup. Going the opposite game plan in Houston part 2, and using Williams in the opposite scheme this week are head scratchers. I'm sure they saw something that caused them to block more zone, but why not revert back to man over AC and Nelson when zone wasn't working.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, Archangel said:

I'am sorry the colts are without their star RB and WR. JB is a backup nothing more, The line has regressed this year and the colts cannot get any pressure. The ST is a complete dumpster fire. so their is a lot of work that needs to be done.

and something overlooked on this forum we need some game changing talent to play safety

On 12/1/2019 at 5:46 PM, CanuckColt said:

Hmmmm.  Ever since the 'Greatest Game ever played', huh. Me too.

Me too. Watched that game on the black and white tv screen and became a Johnny Unitas/Colts fan. A signed Unitas pic from that game is my favorite Colts memorabilia.

As bad as things seem sometimes for the Colts, like this year with Luck retiring and all the injuries, anyone who can remember the Frank Kush/Pagel/Robert Irsay years is thankful for the current Colts players/coaches/management.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

Me too. Watched that game on the black and white tv screen and became a Johnny Unitas/Colts fan. A signed Unitas pic from that game is my favorite Colts memorabilia.

As bad as things seem sometimes for the Colts, like this year with Luck retiring and all the injuries, anyone who can remember the Frank Kush/Pagel/Robert Irsay years is thankful for the current Colts players/coaches/management.

Who was the GM for the Colts in 1984? Seems we went 4 - 12 that year.