Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Soooooo nobody is gonna talk about....

VaAllDay757

1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

What about the 2 horrendous interceptions JB threw? No accountability for that, sounds about right. 

I'm talking about when the game was tied and we had a chance to take the lead this post has nothing to do with brissett 

• Like 4

What about the 2 horrendous interceptions JB threw? No accountability for that, sounds about right. 

Why do we try to deflect blame from one player by blaming another?  I am not singling you out because that’s a common defense here.  Both made costly mistakes.  One doesn’t cancel the other out.

The special teams unit as a whole this year has been hot garbage.  Always fielding punts inside the five.  Getting hit by balls on punts that lead to turnovers.  Fielding a kickoff today that was going out of bounds and would have given you good field position.  Poor protection on kicks.  Adam’s struggles.  That coach needs to go this off-season.

as for Jacoby he’s showing what he is a high end backup.  Good in the short term but the longer he plays teams get tape on him and expose him, especially if they get a second chance at him like the Texans and Titans have.  Unfortunately I don’t think the Colts have someone better than him right now and before Someone says Chad Kelly he’s a complete unknown in real games.  Yes he won the backup job in Denver last year but he couldn’t best out a woeful starter.  Then all 31 teams had multiple chances to sign him this season and have all passed, including teams in need of a QB.  I doubt he’s going to be much than Brissett over the long haul.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I'm talking about when the game was tied and we had a chance to take the lead this post has nothing to do with brissett 

game was tied because JB threw a pick on first down with the colts ahead by 3... while the team was on their own 25... because he "tried to do too much" throwing late down the middle while he was not set, off balance and also starting to get wrapped up by a defender. 

stupid, inexcusable, horrible turnovers lead to losing games

wouldn't of been trying that late FG if he would've actually threw the ball to someone with the 3 seconds he had in a clean pocket. you know, make a good throw to tight coverage... fit the ball in... maybe get a flag and fresh set of downs maybe?

panic and scramble and lose 2 yards? yeah ok

I'am sorry the colts are without their star RB and WR. JB is a backup nothing more, The line has regressed this year and the colts cannot get any pressure. The ST is a complete dumpster fire. so their is a lot of work that needs to be done.

2 minutes ago, Archangel said:

I'am sorry the colts are without their star RB and WR. JB is a backup nothing more, The line has regressed this year and the colts cannot get any pressure. The ST is a complete dumpster fire. so their is a lot of work that needs to be done.

They had 6 sacks today what you talking about???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

They had 6 sacks today what you talking about???

yeah defense was fine today

even held them to a FG when JB threw his first pick while colts had the ball in their own territory inside the 30... on a first down... while still ahead. BONEHEAD pick. he was off balance, moving a bit and starting to get tackled and tried to throw it down the middle of the field to a standing Doyle and it flies off high on him for one of the easiest picks ever. horrible decision. why does he do that then refuses to throw deep or on time to guys in clean pockets?

4 minutes ago, Archangel said:

I was talking about the entire season so don't get panicked today they might of got some pressure but look at the over all season

The colts don't blitz much anyway...no team is getting alot of sacks without blitzing regardless

6 minutes ago, a06cc said:

AC isn’t good, he is just average. Been saying it for years. He only looks good because he has Big Q and Jack Mewhort next to him. He can’t handle one on one situations. 

He allows alot of pressure I don't get why he gets alot of praise here

• Like 1

Dude, I've been a Colts fan since the Hoosier Dome. That's why I was confused, Mewhort hasn't played for a while. 

No you haven’t. You’d be a senior member on this forum by now. He retired at the start of last season. That’s something you should know. He played LG and RT. 

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

No you haven’t. You’d be a senior member on this forum by now. He retired at the start of last season. That’s something you should know. He played LG and RT. 

Ok man, tell me you can differentiate between "being a Colts fan" and "being a registered member of this site"? They're two separate things. I actually went to High School with Harbaugh's nephews and met him a couple times. Been doing this for a long time, but believe what you want man. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

So let me get this straight, if you aren't a member of the Colts forum, you aren't a Colts fan?

• Like 3

There's a lot of bad to talk about, but I don't see AC as the reason we lost. 

Sure 7pts on the FG block, but also 10 pts from INTs. 

Also, we're not trying to kick 4 FGs (only making 1) if the O doesn't stall out.

The OL regression talk is hilarious. They'd be ranked #1 if we had a QB with low time to throw.

I also didn't get why they changed it up with Williams, and seemed to run him in zone blocking instead of man (which was highly successful the last two weeks).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

He obviously knew who Mewhort was. He is surprised at anyone bringing him up. Not sure why you’re going so hard

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, a06cc said:

You know how long someone has been a fan how?  People can be fans without posting here.  Questioning someone’s fan hood rarely ends well.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There's a lot of bad to talk about, but I don't see AC as the reason we lost. 

Sure 7pts on the FG block, but also 10 pts from INTs. 

Also, we're not trying to kick 4 FGs (only making 1) if the O doesn't stall out.

The OL regression talk is hilarious. They'd be ranked #1 if we had a QB with low time to throw.

I also didn't get why they changed it up with Williams, and seemed to run him in zone blocking instead of man (which was highly successful the last two weeks).

Nobody said he was the reason why we lost but he has to take some blame on this game

19 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

The colts don't blitz much anyway...no team is getting alot of sacks without blitzing regardless

He allows alot of pressure I don't get why he gets alot of praise here

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I'm talking about the o-line not the defense

I was responding to that.  That sure looks like you were talking about the defense sense teams don’t blitz on offense.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You know how long someone has been a fan how?  People can be fans without posting here.  Questioning someone’s fan hood rarely ends well.  

No I’ll be questioning him as a fan. He is on this forum. He should know who Jack Mewhort is. 

28 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Theres one big factor that changed it all. Andrew Luck.

We have one of the best O-Lines in football but when your QB hold onto the ball and is too nervous to throw to to open receivers it is going to make the offensive lines job more difficult. Also the receiver stats are down for the same reason. A QB PROBLEM.

Dont get me wrong. Injuries play a role and so does the terrible special teams play but this team is struggling mainly because of the one reason.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

How AC basically caused us to lose the game when he missed his block on that blocked FG? He gets alot of praise on here but this time he definitely is to blame for this blocked FG

AC screwed up for sure and deserves criticism and being held accountable. That said, it’s one play, a big one, but one play.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Six sacks today?

6 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

So let me get this straight, if you aren't a member of the Colts forum, you aren't a Colts fan?

Never said that, but he is a member of this forum. Regardless if he was a fan since the Hoosier Dome like he stated... Then he should know who Jack Mewhort is. 

47 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

How AC basically caused us to lose the game when he missed his block on that blocked FG? He gets alot of praise on here but this time he definitely is to blame for this blocked FG

Thats was the wingmans job to hit the the rusher who blocked not AC. That was his priority block the he should have switched to outside guy second.

38 minutes ago, Archangel said:

He isn't even good enough to be 3rd string.

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Thats was the wingmans job to hit the the rusher who blocked not AC. That was his priority block the he should have switched to outside guy second.

Wrong you always take the inside guy no matter what that outside guy will have a hard time trying to bend around and blocking it but that inside guy just has to shoot thru easy