Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts passing game is a joke

BProland85

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Clearly there was blame to go all around. Defense can’t give up big plays like that. Jacoby has to get better. Reich has to get more imaginative. I mean all we did was run and drop back and pass. There were no wrinkles.

I'm not one to pump up Reich, but I really think he's doing the best he can considering what we're seeing from Brissett. The first Texans game is a good example, if guys aren't extremely wide open thanks to rub routes, Brissett's gonna have trouble pulling the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys realize he put the football right in Hilton's hands twice and he dropped both balls right? Ebron had a bad drop as well.

I agree that Brissett needs to improve but this loss isn't all on him. Reich didn't call the best game. Hilton/Ebron didn't make catch all their targets or fight for yardage. The defense left Hopkins wide open and got burned on single coverage matchups.

It was a bad game.

21 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

In the hunt for a WC sure. But assuming IND beats TEN and HOU loses to NE...both teams are 7-5. IF they both run the table...they are 11-5...tied in the h2h, tied in divisional record and tied in common games. At that point, it would come down to AFC games...and the Colts can't catch HOU there...because they lost to LAC and OAK...whom HOU beat. HOU would be 4-2 in AFC games (outside the division) and IND would be 2-4.

we cant beat the saints with our dropsy receivers

8 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

After this season, they will spend the cap, if for no other reason than they have to, get some playmakers, they're gonna draft a guy that can run this offense, and next year this team will be firing on all cylinders. 

I really hope your right but I fear Reich will stick with Brissett and we will be stuck in mediocracy. The team and coaches overall have been doing a good job with what they have to work with but Brissett isn't the long term answer. If we had a QB of Watson's caliber we would be dangerous. I don't blame the coaches or front office bc they are doing the best they can with the hand they where delt when Luck decided to leave the team hanging. However, if we don't address our QB situation it's going to be a long road to another SB.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, colt18 said:

You guys realize he put the football right in Hilton's hands twice and he dropped both balls right? Ebron had a bad drop as well.

I agree that Brissett needs to improve but this loss isn't all on him. Reich didn't call the best game. Hilton/Ebron didn't make catch all their targets or fight for yardage. The defense left Hopkins wide open and got burned on single coverage matchups.

It was a bad game.

agree and where was hilton with hopkins wide open

4 minutes ago, Kenzicocapontas said:

So what you're saying is we need a Lamar Jackson type QB to compliment the running offense?

I'm down.

No. I'm saying the team goes as the coach says. Plain & simple. They have an excellent RB and a good QB so who gets the ball?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, colt18 said:

It was a bad game.

I may be misremembering, but are you talking about that inaccurate pass to Ebron where he had to lay out just for it to hit his finger tips? I can't remember any other Ebron drops but again, I could just be forgetting.

Also, he had Hilton open coming out of the break on one of his drops but hit him very late for a contested drop. Still a rough drop for Hilton, but he could've made it easier on him.

2 minutes ago, colt18 said:

It was a bad game.

Bull it isn't. Lonnie Johnson, Reid, and Adams were all out in the Texans secondary. You need 21 points to win. Brissett threw for a measly 129 yards and no tds. He's replacement level as a QB. We run because he's bad, not to create a balanced offense. We need a new Qb next year.

• Like 3

Everyone says that they hate how brissett plays and they “cringe” watching him, but honestly the only player on this colts team that I really truly get worried about costing us is still Vinny, even the extra point kick on our second TD I was cringing thinking OMG he is going to miss and Texans will make a TD to win this thing by 1 point.

i still feel like with brissett there is always a chance to make a play, we run the ball well no doubt so why not be run heavy. The problem is that we don’t have any deep threats on the field who truly open that deep passing play ability that would be phenomenal because of our superb running abilities. I’ll say this I never thought I’d be seeing a Colts team who consistently runs the ball better than it passes it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

I really hope your right but I fear Reich will stick with Brissett and we will be stuck in mediocracy. The team and coaches overall have been doing a good job with what they have to work with but Brissett isn't the long term answer. If we had a QB of Watson's caliber we would be dangerous. I don't blame the coaches or front office bc they are doing the best they can with the hand they where delt when Luck decided to leave the team hanging. However, if we don't address our QB situation it's going to be a long road to another SB.

They will without a doubt 100% get another quarterback, whether it's in free agency, or my preference, thru the draft. 2020 is a deep QB class, there's 6-7 guys with legit star potential. I trust Ballard/Reich to go get a guy that can run this offense at a really high level. 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The first meeting they played man. Reich just said they played a lot of zone tonight can’t and we didn’t execute.

He is forgiven...by me at least.  He wanted to be out there and gave it a go but wasn’t his usual self.  I appreciate his want to and effort.  He is still T.Y. and will be back to his old ways eventually as his health improves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Bull it isn't. Lonnie Johnson, Reid, and Adams were all out in the Texans secondary. You need 21 points to win. Brissett threw for a measly 129 yards and no tds. He's replacement level as a QB. We run because he's bad, not to create a balanced offense. We need a new Qb next year.

Hooker left Nuk wide open for a TD. Hilton dropped two very catch-able passes. How is this all on Brissett when the rest of the team made mistakes?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Use to be TY was our only receiver. Are we going to throw him under the bus to defend JB?

I don't know about here...but there are people on the Colts subreddit doing that very thing...as well as throwing the entire WR group under the bus.

Just now, colt18 said:

Hooker left Nuk wide open for a TD. Hilton dropped two very catch-able passes. How is this all on Brissett when the rest of the team made mistakes?

Hooker was bad today in my opinion. Had a blown coverage that led to an easy touchdown and was out of position and late getting over a lot tonight.  Very disappointed in him.