Indianapolis Colts
BProland85

Colts passing game is a joke

Can’t believe we can’t get anything going in the passing game against one of the most beat up secondaries in the NFL.

We really need receivers that can get open quick outside of Hilton. 

• Like 3

Does anyone even think the Texans game would be close or that we would even have half the losses we have if Andrew Luck was our quarterback?

• Like 4

JB doesn't throw the ball unless you are WIDE open 

reads too slow... 

need to beat other teams and hope Houston loses some games

• Like 7

We do not have receivers who can gain separation and get downfield.  Hilton is the lone receiver right now and tonight he was not a factor

• Like 1

he has zero pressure and still staring around the field like everybody is covered by a pro bowler

somewhere, Luck and Peyton are shaking their heads... as they had to get the ball and get it out quick with amazing reads and anticipation just to keep from getting murdered 

• Like 5

Remember the Jacoby is the type of QB I’ll rather have over Mahomes and Watson talk he got earlier lmao Homerism at it’s finest 

• Like 4

I know you must run the ball and its important but there must be blend of running and passing and there is no passing this game. Also, when you run the ball so much Jacoby has no rythme to get into. Need to fix asap

• Like 1

People need to know that with Brissett at QB, you barely have any sort of vertical passing attack. 

The vertical passing attack is why Texans had success on offense. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Remember the Jacoby is the type of QB I’ll rather have over Mahomes and Watson talk he got earlier lmao Homerism at it’s finest 

Hopefully nobody really said that, that's beyond ridiculous.

I mean, all you have to do is watch Watson's eyes compared to Brissett. Watson keeps his eyes downfield and looks for the play, Brissett is all too quick to look for a bail out with his RB.

• Like 2

Yeah not defending him anymore. I said it week one. He holds the ball too long and is indecisive. Always pump faking and dodging tacklers before doing anything.

• Like 2

We lack playmakers at receiver. If we had more receiving threats I think Jacoby would do more. He is at a disadvantage in that he does not have  playmakers at receiver. He is not Luck or Manning and this team is built as a ball control offense right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Hopefully nobody really said that, that's beyond ridiculous.

Oh it was said I’ll find the post if I can

The outrage police are out in full force....   

So I’ll keep it simple....   there’s still  a lot of football left to be played.   Nothing was decided tonight.   I still very much like our chances this year and in the future. 

• Like 4

Just now, richard pallo said:

It's all on Ballard!   He did nothing to try to help us during the season.  Nothing.

Exactly 

The amount of times we ran. Goes to show you that reich doesn’t trust brissett. We definitely need another QB next year

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Andrew Luck won Comeback Player of the Year with a really similar set of players. Does anyone really watch Jacoby Brissett and think that's the future of the Colts? Jeez. Either A) You aren't watching him miss read after read or B) You're such a homer/biased that there's no getting thru to you anyways. 

Thank you. Really. Brissett is in his 4th year. Starter or not, he has been around the NFL long enough to show what he has and what he can eventually become. His ceiling is a game manager with some nice games sprinkled in. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ColtsFan_98 said:

Does anyone even think the Texans game would be close or that we would even have half the losses we have if Andrew Luck was our quarterback?

We'd be 10-2 with Luck, maybe better.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Andrew Luck won Comeback Player of the Year with a really similar set of players. Does anyone really watch Jacoby Brissett and think that's the future of the Colts? Jeez. Either A) You aren't watching him miss read after read or B) You're such a homer/biased that there's no getting thru to you anyways. 

Where have you been SINDF...there are lots of people that believe and welcome that.

I’m sure Reich had Jonathan Williams on his fantasy team. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Get us a Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne to complement Hilton and things would be different. JB may be holding onto the ball more because he does not have receivers who can get open

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

We do not have receivers who can gain separation and get downfield.  Hilton is the lone receiver right now and tonight he was not a factor

C'mon man. You have to throw guys open, lead receivers, give them a chance to win balls, put it where only your guy can get it. JB can't do any of that with enough consistency to be successful in this league. They're gonna draft a QB, the question is who? 

• Like 2

I was someone who was really supportive of Brissett as the starter, but in recent weeks, I've been very unimpressed.  Two 300 yard games all season, only three 250+ yard games.  It feels like he's constantly looking for the check down right away.  Also doesn't help that the pass protection hasn't been all that great recently either.

• Like 1

Yikes. I’ve said it weeks ago. We’re going to desperately miss the elite QB play once Luck retired. Brissett is just ok. I literally cringe during every pass play. Doesn’t help that we have hardly any talent at WR currently. Brissett needs to get with the program. Quick decisive throws. Stop dancing in the back waiting for a receiver to get open again. 

• Thanks 1

the Hilton drop was bad but man... he's made so many plays let someone else make one. he's out there playing limited snaps and not fully healed

Pascal was open, good design and concept... if you get the ball out FAST and on time. just because you have protection and a good pocket that doesn't mean you get to hold the ball until the house starts burning down

where's the QB coaching? late in game once clock was already down to 4 min and Colts were only at midfield why don't you pull out that playaction pass? No? Just let the Texans bring everyone up to the LOS and stop the run and get yourself into a 3rd and long just "hoping" someone breaks tackles... makes a great play... the backup RB's... SMH

• Thanks 1