Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts passing game is a joke

BProland85

Reich was predictable. Run run pass. Hilton dropped 2 key 3rd down passes that were on the money. The offense played slow. They're good enough to beat anyone. The defense gave you chances and you were predictable. 

Houston played good all around. They knew that Reich was going to call a run run pass. Good home work. 

The refs were horrendous. That was a fumble at the end. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

Why a timeout on a 4th and 7? Really...and it was our awsome QB who called it also....SMH

Play clock was running down.  But I agree.  It was a bad idea to go for it on 4th and 7 to begin with, but then you end up burning a timeout and going for it again?  Just punt it and you'll have 3 timeouts and pin them deep in their own territory.  Reich got out-coached badly this game

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The outrage police are out in full force....   

So I’ll keep it simple....   there’s still  a lot of football left to be played.   Nothing was decided tonight.   I still very much like our chances this year and in the future. 

sorry but can't agree here

they had a 7 pt lead on the road in the 2nd half and what did they start to do? went pass pass pass all of a sudden.... punt

then run run run... and keep running it with no playaction off it and eventually JB is in a must pass 3rd and 6+ and the drive dies

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The outrage police are out in full force....   

So I’ll keep it simple....   there’s still  a lot of football left to be played.   Nothing was decided tonight.   I still very much like our chances this year and in the future. 

Nothing has been officailly decided...but as it stands...HOU now controls their own destiny in the AFCS...even if they lose next week against NE. Colts now have to scoreboard watch.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Play clock was running down.  But I agree.  It was a bad idea to go for it on 4th and 7 to begin with, but then you end up burning a timeout and going for it again?  Just punt it and you'll have 3 timeouts and pin them deep in their own territory.  Reich got out-coached badly this game

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

Get us a Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne to complement Hilton and things would be different. JB may be holding onto the ball more because he does not have receivers who can get open

HOF receivers will help a QB? Hot take...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah I noticed it. But in that moment you really just punt the ball, as you said. Spending a timeout an not getting it done is not a good look, I tell you that.

9 minutes ago, MTC said:

People need to know that with Brissett at QB, you barely have any sort of vertical passing attack. 

The vertical passing attack is why Texans had success on offense. 

We know it, that's why we've been complaining about it.  But point that out to a JB truther, and you're met with torches and pitchforks.  We been saying this about JB all year, and tonight is the reason why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

the last game against Houston was a fluke just like I figured lol

That's the issue with divisional rivals...you get them twice. Reich showed his hand a bit in that one...and wanted to mix it up. Unfortunately, mixing it up meant running the ball 50 times.

• Like 1

You can't have a passing performance like that against a secondary that was in absolute tatters.

I'll cheer for the Colts to win every game, but it doesn't matter if they make the playoffs or not this year, the passing game is virtually non-existent, and there is a large enough sample size now to know what the Colts have in Jacoby - a Tier 1 NFL backup. 

Team played hard tonight, and I'm proud of them for that. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

It sucks that as soon as TY comes back. Jacoby ignores Pascal. This team is way too TY dependent

I don't know what happened...but Pascal obviously wasn't part of the game plan. In that first game against HOU, he was the first read on plays. In this game, he wasn't even a decoy...he was just out there.

5 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

We do not have receivers who can gain separation and get downfield.  Hilton is the lone receiver right now and tonight he was not a factor

ballard let this team down by sticking to the draft for project receivers, he has picked up cheap free agents who have a history of drops, no proven young receivers were signed and the pats and texans grabbed  what was out there, he wrote off the season by sticking to his fill the roster with draft picks. there were top receivers available he kept the cap money. ty may be done, the rest are all undrafted by anyone

Look, I've been a supporter of Jacoby's and have given him the benefit of the doubt all season. But these are the games that you need your QB to step up and make a play.

Yes, there were drops. Yes, TY was barely playing. Yes, we need more help at WR. But... to have only 4 completions to your receivers, against this banged up secondary is unacceptable.

So the story is either:

1. Our receivers are so bad that they were literally covered all game and couldn't make a single play.

2. Jacoby wasnt willing or able to throw the ball.

It's likely a mixture of both. But still, to average 160ish passing yards in 2019 is unacceptable. With this offensive line, these TEs and RBs...all I know is Andrew dealt with trash at virtually every position and made it happen. Jacoby is a great a backup, but hes not a game-changing playmaker outside of his escapeability. When it comes to reading defenses or getting into the correct playcall or throwing a receiver open, that's not his strong suit.

I love Jacoby the person. I'm thankful to have him as a Colt. But this game made my decision. It's clear to me now, we need to draft a new Quarterback.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammer said:

Everything about Brissett is too damned slow. Combine that with no WR threats and we'll be soon be saying; wait till next year.

And remember, he's being afforded extra time because of good line play to be slow. The guy doesn't see the field all that well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Nothing has been officailly decided...but as it stands...HOU now controls their own destiny in the AFCS...even if they lose next week against NE. Colts now have to scoreboard watch.

Both will be 7-5 after game 12. We’re still in the hunt and control our destiny, if we beat Saints, that’s the key game

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know what to think of Reich anymore. Offense struggled but you going to tell me you couldn’t sheme any of these WR open.

of course you blame it on Frank!!  how many games does JB need to be super game manager for you to realize he isn't your football hero? it's not about scheming them open JB misses them and can't throw a  reciever open to save his life. he is slow as hell and indecisive. he threw the ball right to Gibson on the pass to Pascal at the end cause he * around and threw it late and off target.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

have to capitalize on the chances you get...use the long week to take a long look in the mirror got some tough games ahead but if we had to go outside on the road and play some playoff football this team can do it. a loss like this sucks but i saw a lot to like from a lot of young colts. For posters here when Luck retired did you think this team was superbowl bound?

the texans schedule is tougher than ours i have a feeling we can still win the div but we just need to play better we are close.