Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Breer reports Quincy Wilsons name has come up in trade talks.

richard pallo

56 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

My biggest issue with QW is... what team would give up anything more than a very late round pick for him? His tape isnt good, he hasnt improved... so I do not know what another team would see in him to offer up a pick or player.

Which to me means he has more value to Indy. 

13 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

In all seriousness...if Quincy would ever learn to play the ball he'd be much more of a value.....he's generally in position but is clueless as to where the ball is.

That’s the thing: a lot of these guys are working on technique. Wilson included. Some guys take more time. His coverage of TEs, special teams play and depth at CB make him valuable. 

One option I would think worth considering is trading Quincy for a swing tackle.  Not necessarily a starter.  I am not comfortable with Clark at all if Costanzo goes down.  All we pretty much think about is trading for picks but a player, even a backup player, in a position of need could help.  I also believe we have three extra picks this year.  Washington's 2nd and a couple of late rounders.    I could see Quincy being part of a trade for a player and with picks also going back and forth.

I think he is at risk to be outright released at some point.  I can't see him having much trade value at all.  I would trade him for a ham sandwich at this point.  He was one of my favorite Ballard picks at the time, but the reality of the situation is that he has simply not been very good and I don't see where a team would give much for him.

19 hours ago, richard pallo said:

BTW I don't know how to post the article.  

Post a relevant excerpt or two using copy / paste function-

"Other high picks who have come up in trade talks: Ravens TE Hayden Hurst and Colts CB/S Quincy Wilson."

"Thus far, the answer has been “no” on Hurst. We’ll see what happens with Wilson, who is one of the very few Chris Ballard draft picks that hasn’t gone to plan."

Then post the website URL where the excepts were taken. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/24/nfl-trade-deadline-2019-preview-news-rumors

Never copy/paste the whole article, though. Even with attribution.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

One option I would think worth considering is trading Quincy for a swing tackle.  Not necessarily a starter.  I am not comfortable with Clark at all if Costanzo goes down.  All we pretty much think about is trading for picks but a player, even a backup player, in a position of need could help.  I also believe we have three extra picks this year.  Washington's 2nd and a couple of late rounders.    I could see Quincy being part of a trade for a player and with picks also going back and forth.

YOU aren't comfortable with Clark. chuckle  
  And yet he IS on Ballard and Reich's TEAM. 
   Yes, let's go pick up somebody else's spare tackle. Again chuckle.

Quincy + 4th rounder for Geno Atkins. 

Why for Bengals? They take a shot at young corner and clear capspace for their rebuild + they get a pick for their troubles.

Why for Colts? We get a very good defensive lineman to help in our playoff/SB push. We can afford his salary and our interior linemen have not been great...

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Quincy + 4th rounder for Geno Atkins

I'm not sure about that specific trade, but the idea of getting Geno Atkins for this year without giving up much sounds interesting.

I haven't followed him much this year, but I assume he's still playing well?

Just now, DougDew said:

I'm not sure about that specific trade, but the idea of getting Geno Atkins for this year without giving up much sounds interesting.

I haven't followed him much this year, but I assume he's still playing well?

Yeah... He's still good and would instantly become our best interior lineman IMO. He's being paid a lot but we are the team that can actually afford it.

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

Yeah... He's still good and would instantly become our best interior lineman IMO. He's being paid a lot but we are the team that can actually afford it.

That trade makes sense for us, but I think Cincy would want more of a sure thing in return, more so than what they could get with a 4th and a player that is suspect.

Unless they have serious cap problems and they need to start dumping players, then we could take Atkins off their hands for them.

19 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I agree.  But if that’s all they get, then they’re getting rid of him for something more than his play on the field.  

I mean, in essence they’re giving up on him because he must not be coachable.   

IMO , he's and of an enigma . Looks like he has talent , plays well some of the time and seems tone OK in both zone and man. 

Seems just like he's also pretty unlucky if that's possible ? Often makes a nice play and gets a questionable flag. Other times has what looks to be good coverage and receiver makes a great catch or QB makes a good throw. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is he's a "funny" player that probably will never do anything for the Colts . But he has more talent (value) than a 5th or 6th round pick. I would say if you can get a 5th for him , they should take it.

Wilson and a 3rd for Leonard Williams. Leonard is the missing piece of the defense. He can play the nose but offfer pass rush. You can probably move him to the 3-tech spot when needed too. Then in the draft you get a prototype 3-tech like Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw. Imagine that D-line with Houston coming off the edge.

• Like 1

Everyone is undervaluing Wilson. We'll get something like a 4th for him or a player like Leonard Williams or Vic Beasley straight up. Ballard isn't going to give him away. If he's offered junk, we'll just keep him. You guys should of learned from past trades that Ballard doesn't get the short end of the stick.

49 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Wilson and a 3rd for Leonard Williams. Leonard is the missing piece of the defense. He can play the nose but offfer pass rush. You can probably move him to the 3-tech spot when needed too. Then in the draft you get a prototype 3-tech like Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw. Imagine that D-line with Houston coming off the edge.

We could use an upgrade inside that is for sure. I think Ballard would have trouble giving up a 3rd for a rental player. He loves dem picks.
Now Derrick Brown could cost a passel of picks. I have yet to watch him this season, but i was loving him as a prospect last season. Awesome!

On 10/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, coltsfeva said:

That’s the thing: a lot of these guys are working on technique. Wilson included. Some guys take more time. His coverage of TEs, special teams play and depth at CB make him valuable. 

This.  

he covers tight ends well. And that is a unique asset these days.  More and more move tight ends are being used which makes qw valuable.  
Plus he is still very young and has a lot of upside.  

17 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We could use an upgrade inside that is for sure. I think Ballard would have trouble giving up a 3rd for a rental player. He loves dem picks.
Now Derrick Brown could cost a passel of picks. I have yet to watch him this season, but i was loving him as a prospect last season. Awesome!

Don't understand why you think he would only be a rental player.  We have the cap space and he's only 25 or so.  If he plays well and he fits we resign him.  No big deal.

One thing for sure Ballard should make a move or two at the deadline.  Look at NE.  They are unbeaten and after walloping the Jets Monday night they trade a 2nd for Sanu the next day.  No complacency their for the best GM in the business.  We are only two games behind them and it should have been one.  We should be trying to win it now just like BB.  We have 10 picks and plenty of cap space.  BB is not sitting on his hands.  He's showing his team he is going for a SB.  Ballard needs to send a message to our team as well.  Believe me the players know where we need some help.  They want to win it now.  Ballard needs to show them he believes in them and he wants to win it now too.  The team and the fans are watching and waiting for him to improve our team by the deadline.  And that deadline is really coming fast now.   As the famous line goes in the "Vacation" movie.  Christie Brinkley in the pool to Chevy Chase.  "Well, Are you going to go for it?"  

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

This.  

he covers tight ends well. And that is a unique asset these days.  More and more move tight ends are being used which makes qw valuable.  
Plus he is still very young and has a lot of upside.  

Not really sure how much up side he has left in him.  He has always had the same issue with coverage - he's there but just never makes the play.  Using him against TE's is indeed his forte so I would be okay trading him for another valuable asset, but not for just a 4th or 5th.  Like others have said, package him for someone like Williams, otherwise use him for depth here.