Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Falcons Game Day Thread

That reminded me of Ebron's TD last year in that you could tell as the play happened that it was just brilliantly drawn up by Reich/Sirrianni.

Nothing wrong with a blown conversate td. EVERY QB had those. Glass JB did his job and found it.

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So why isn’t that an ejection now? Rules are inconsistently enforced

Ref on field or in NY can call for disqualification.

Unfortunately, neither did.  Next one is automatic though.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Now this is Brissett ball!  Thats his style right there. Quick pass, get the ball out with occassional attempts at the home run ball. That and a consistent running game.

Pick your poison.  You want to get beat by our running game or our passing game.

Most complete team I've seen in quite a while early on.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ref on field or in NY can call for disqualification.

Unfortunately, neither did.  Next one is automatic though.

I understand that.

My question was why isn’t that? What was the difference there vs any other dq they’ve called?

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I understand that.

My question was why isn’t that? What was the difference there vs any other dq they’ve called?

Good question.    Looked as deliberate as can be

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I understand that.

Won't know, unless Perreira / Blandino address it on their podcast.

One has to wonder, regardless of who is running the team or defense, will we ever be capable of covering the middle of the field. I mean, teams have pitched and caught for years on us. So disappointed and no pressure hasn’t helped today. 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

One has to wonder, regardless of who is running the team or defense, will we ever be capable of covering the middle of the field. I mean, teams have pitched and caught for years on us. So disappointed and no pressure hasn’t helped today. 

LB's generally play soft in this style of D that I've seen.  Keep the play in front of you.  I question why our safety's don't play up a bit on those plays.  Maybe helping over the top for Julio?

When Geathers makes a pick you know its our day. That might be the first of his career bro!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It seems like you'd be happy if the Colts only drafted Notre Dame players every year.  So nothing I say here will probably make sense to you.   Kmet was a productive college TE, for sure.  He like @WarGhost21 already said is not a very good blocker.  With his size, that's alarming.  It seems like his poor blocking is due to a lack of instincts there, which are hard to teach.  Not totally unteachable, but lack of instinct is not a good trait to have in the NFL.  He also ran a 4.7 forty, which is decent for a TE in the NFL (good for a college TE).  There are 4 other TEs faster than him in this draft.  My take on Kmet is that he's already playing right around his ceiling and won't really improve too much in the NFL in terms of blocking.  He gets jammed up at the line if a body is put on him and doesn't have the speed to recover if that happens.   I will trust the scouts, coaches and Ballard to make the right decisions in the draft (Ballard has a pretty good track record).  I won't be terribly upset if we took Kmet at 34, but depending how the board plays out in the first round, I imagine there will be players with more value than Kmet at that spot.     I don't think this TE class is as bad as others are saying, as I think several TEs from this class will be productive NFL players (Brycen Hopkins, Albert Okwuegbunam, Thad Moss, Harrison Bryant being a few of them).  I don't see any Gronks or Tony Gonzalezes in this draft, though.  If I had to bet, I think Harrison Bryan and Albert Okwuegbunam (and maybe Thad Moss) have the highest ceilings and they are all players who seem like they can grow more with NFL coaching than Kmet, IMO. ______________________________________________________________________________________ In terms of top WR that may be available around when we pick, Ballard has been saying for a while now that this class is loaded with WR talent.  It'll be interesting to see what happens, as a lot of teams picking in Rd. 1 have a lot higher priorities than WR.  I think the odds of a QB run in the first vs. a lack of QB run are almost 50/50.     The guys I see at WR who are going to be very good right out of the gates are CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Riggs III, Higgins.  More likely than not, those guys will be gone way before 34 comes around.   Guys who I think are most likely to be very good out the gate are Claypool, J. Jefferson, Jalen Reagor, Mims, and Brandon Aiyuk.  There is a very good chance more than 1 of them are available at 34.  I'd prefer us getting a big body which would eliminate both Aiyuk (5'11), Reagor (5'11).  It seems as though Mims' stock is rising as fast as any player in the entire draft, so I doubt he's around when we pick.   Other big frame guys who I think could be good early (but better with a year or two of coaching and NFL experience) are Gabriel Davis (6'2" 216 lbs, 4.54 forty, 72 receptions, 1,241 yards, 12 TDs last year), Laviska Shenault Jr (6'1" 227 lbs, 4.58 forty, 52 receptions, 721 yards, 4 TDs last year), Tyler Johnson (6'2" 200 lbs, 4.54 forty, 86 catches, 1,318 yards, 13 TDs last year), Collin Johnson (6'5" 221 lbs, 4.55 forty, 38-559-3 last year), Michael Pittman Jr. (6'3" 219 lbs, 4.52 forty, 101-1,275-11 last year), Antonio Gandy-Golden (6'3" 222 lbs, 4.6 forty, 79-1,396-10 last year), Bryan Edwards (6'3" 212, 4.58 forty, 71-816-6 last year), Kalija Lipscomb (6'1" 202 lbs, 4.57 forty, 43-468-2 last year), Van Jefferson (6'1" 200 lbs, 4.55 forty, 49-657-6 last year), Stephen Guidry (6'4" 190 lbs, 4.47, 24-311-4 last year on a bad Miss St. passing offense), John Hightower (6'1" 189 lbs, 4.43 forty, 51-943-8 last year), Donovan Peoples-Jones (6'2" 212, 4.48 forty, 34-438-6 last year and better the year before).  A few others, but I'll stop there.  All of these guys should be available at 34 (and many in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds).     One smaller guy to look out for KJ Hamler from PSU.  5'9" 178, 4.4 forty, 56-904-8 last year.  He reminds me of a hybrid between TY Hilton, DeSean Jackson and Hollywood Brown.  He is very good after the catch and if we're looking for a future TY replacement, he seems like the one WR in this draft that could be his clone.  He's projected at rounds 2-4.   To be honest, if Ballard really wants to boost our WRs, if one of the studs in the first 2 lists doesn't drop to us, I wouldn't be a bit shocked to see him trade 34 back for additional picks allowing us to get 2-3 WRs from the last two groups.  I'd be thrilled to see us get KJ Hamler (TY clone) and a bigger guy like Gabriel Davis or Tyler Johnson in the late second or 3rd, and use our 44th on a TE, OL, CB, or DE.              
    • I personally prefer Mims at pick 34.  But still researching.   Here are a couple of videos of Mims and Claypool 1 on 1 drills at the Senior bowl.  Looks like Claypool has greater size and strength to push the DB around, while Mims has greater sudden mobility and separation to go long.      
    • I think you misunderstood me, as I clearly stated I read a prediction no TE would be taken by B/R. I also stated on not a fan of B/R, but I do agree with them that the TE class is weak.  I don’t think Kmet is close the talent as some think. JMO and won’t bicker about it.    Cheers
    • So it was ONE website?   Not more?   Ill go on record as saying the chances of no TE being drafted until R3 are teeny, tiny bordering on zero.   
    • Superfly, you can believe what Bleacher Report says or what I say it’s your choice.  Just like the RB position, Numbnuts are now devaluing the TE position for whatever reason?  Nobody’s right or wrong yet but I feel strong about my take.
  • Members

• pacolts56

pacolts56 4,135

• Southern Cal

Southern Cal 6

Rookie
    • danlhart87

danlhart87 1,756

• Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 518

• buccolts

buccolts 3,971