Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else weirdly excited to see how this season goes

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They won’t trade his rights, at least not for something small. I’m talking like 4-5 1st round pics and then some

If JB gets ten wins and leads us to the playoffs though they aren’t going to suddenly bench him as a backup again or trade him. It will be Luck that will be the odd man out. How would they trust him he wouldn’t quit again if he got a injury. JB is your years younger and if he looks like your next franchise QB he will be.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If JB gets ten wins and leads us to the playoffs though they aren’t going to suddenly bench him as a backup again or trade him. It will be Luck that will be the odd man out. How would they trust him he wouldn’t quit again if he got a injury. JB is your years younger and if he looks like your next franchise QB he will be.

Unless Jacoby wins us the Super Bowl this year, if Luck for some odd reason decided to come back next year, he would ABSOLUTELY be back as the starter. Ballard and Irsay would want some long term assurances before taking him back, of course, but if they reached a point where he wanted back there's no way they deny him. He's still the better QB, by far.

• Like 1

I believe Ballard has and will continue to do a great job. I also believe in Reich, Eberflus , Siriani. Although may still be missing some pieces, I like this team a lot and was excited to see them play and see to what level they would reach expectations given them. Although my expectations have been tempered a little since Saturday, I am still excited to watch and see them play. Who will digress? Who will rise? How will the chemistry change with Brissett officially the starter and Luck totally out of the picture? And , PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, NO MAJOR INJURIES.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, #12. said:

Over the past two days. I've watched as much Brissett film as I could and I'm having a hard time getting excited.  Could you be a scrappy team, go 9-7 and win a wild card with Brissett?  Sure, but I find it inconceivable you could ever compete on a high level, compete for a championship with him. 

I'll be watching nonetheless.  If they're still alive in December, it's better than nothing.

Peyton Manning didn’t look too great his first season either to be fair 

• Like 1

At first, I was bummed out when I found out because we went from the greatness of Peyton and then we were fortunate enough to get Andrew.  I thought, "All they need to do is tighten up the D and the Oline and we could have a SB."  It took a while but I think Ballard was instrumental in setting the table.  I was excited when camp kicked off, thinking that Luck would return.  I was hoping to beat KC and NE in the playoffs (to get that NE monkey off of his back also).  Now, Luck is gone as is that hope for him to lead Indy to another SB.  We are starting over but this time we have much more around the incoming QB.  I'd love for Brissett to lead Indy to the playoffs and ideally a SB but he's too unproven to expect that right now.  We'll see.  It is  interesting  in regards to where Indy will go with this.

• Like 2

Yes, I'm still excited. Because we actually are  having ourself a well built team not reliant on one player. Get our O-lime clicking like it was last year if not better. Get the run game going. Get that defense laying some smothered chicken out there and we could be talking. Out of our two QB's hopefully one step ups to the plate. 

• Like 1

I'm excited for this season because I just checked the stats from 2017, and while we were blown out of the water in 5 games (3 scores or more), we won 4 games,  and were within 1 score of winning 5 games, and 2 scores on the other 2 games.  This means we had potential to win 7 games while on a shoe string with Brissett being thrown into an unfamiliar offense and a crappy offensive line and a crappy defense, and we actually won 4 more on top of that.  I firmly believe and hope that Brissett has all the tools/experience to convert that potential into solid wins!

As Steamboat said, it’s actually a relief to not have this is he or isn’t he thing hanging over the Colts for half a season.  If Luck’s issues were going to extend into the season, as it certainly now appears would’ve been the case, then I agree it’s a relief to not have his status hanging over the team.  Move on and roll with who we have.  For this season, I now think it’s truly for the best.  Very excited for this season, I remain!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 1:47 PM, King Colt said:

Luck's playoff completion numbers were down from his regular season numbers. Keep that in mind when you are not giving JB any chance. 

Luck and Manning's playoff performances BOTH left a little to be desired. Not saying this to bash them, just stating the truth. You could even see it in their body language to some degree.

I'm really caught between wanting them to prove what they can do as a team and wanting the ability to draft a franchise quarterback next year. Do I hope Jacoby Brissett becomes an elite quarterback? Of course I do. Do I hope Chad Kelly can correct his personal issues, become a model citizen and clubhouse leader and then become an elite quarterback? That would be great too. However, I know both of these scenarios are fairly unlikely.

Being a sports fan overall, I will watch and cheer and hope that the stars align, the offense runs through, around and over everything in it's path, the defense becomes frightening for opponents, and Jim Irsay hoists the Lombardi at the end of the season. Being the realist, though, I will hope for anything but mediocrity. Please no 8-8 or 7-9. In any case, though, I will watch.