Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

1 minute ago, JlynRN said:

Wow I'm just absolutely stunned :(  I'm at a loss for words.

I know Andrew gave his best for our team, even through all the injuries and everything he had to endure. Can we blame grigson for this somehow?  LOL

Where do we go from here? I know Jacoby is our starting QB now, but is he really able to take the team where we want to go?  I just don't know :(

We will have to see how JB handles this. We have the draft capital to move up to get a QB. We don’t have to tank the season.

2 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Or. OR.

You can get over yourself.

He put his body on the line on numerous occasions for some really bad football team. Don't blame him for a second and no one comes in here defending players when organizations cut them abruptly. Your take is 100% selfish as is any other similar stances.

You must be one of mr. Luck's P.R. folks.  This is absolutely indefensible.  Little Andy will regret this.  Probably have all the mirrors covered.

Just now, GoatBeard said:

Are you aware of what you post?

You called Andrew Luck a quitter lol

Easy to say that when you dont have to do what another man has to do.

Go get you a juice box, turn on your favorite cartoon and escape to your happy place.

Oh lmao. So a man who quits isn't a quitter? Interesting. Good to know I guess?  I stand corrected you are right I called him a name in which he fully qualified for. 

I have my own life with my own responsibilities and trials.  And I haven't quit.  I'd like to put good money that I've endured a much tougher life than a Stanford grad who got fat contracts to play a game.  

I do love my juice boxes though thanks! 

• Like 3

It sounds like he knew he would have at the very least retired at the end of this season anyways. He said he had a feeling this would've been his last season throwing at Lucas Oil.

Honestly, this makes me feel so much less paranoid for thinking he'd potentially retire early. People were blasting that idea but anytime he's talked or given interviews it just seemed like he could call it quits at any moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Did I hear Luck right that he didn't even tell his teammates before this game.

I believe he said that he was planning to tell his teammates after this game and have the press conference tomorrow at 3, but the news leaked early.

I thought the stunned look in their faces said it all

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

It sounds like he knew he would have at the very least retired at the end of this season anyways. Sad he had a feeling this would've been his last season throwing at Lucas Oil.

More respect for him going out the window, is it possible to have negative respect for someone?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Oh lmao. So a man who quits isn't a quitter? Interesting. Good to know I guess?  I stand corrected you are right I called him a name in which he fully qualified for. 

I have my own life with my own responsibilities and trials.  And I haven't quit.  I'd like to put good money that I've endured a much tougher life than a Stanford grad who got fat contracts to play a game.  

I do love my juice boxes though thanks! 

So hes not entitled to change his profession? If I quit my job at the coal mine because I'm developing black lung, that doesnt make me a quitter.

Yeah I bet you've really suffered, probably due to your own stupidity, but that doesnt count.

You're just a complete *.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Or. OR.

You can get over yourself.

He put his body on the line on numerous occasions for some really bad football team. Don't blame him for a second and no one comes in here defending players when organizations cut them abruptly. Your take is 100% selfish as is any other similar stances.

You must be one of mr. Luck's P.R. folks.  This is absolutely indefensible.  Little Andy will regret this.  Probably have all the mirrors covered.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

NFL 2020 Free Agent QB's

1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

2. Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers

3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

4. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys

Is it just me or would I’d rather have Brees than the other 3?

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

NFL 2020 Free Agent QB's

1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

2. Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers

3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

4. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys

russ just got a new contract

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Are you aware of what you post?

You called Andrew Luck a quitter lol

Easy to say that when you dont have to do what another man has to do.

Go get you a juice box, turn on your favorite cartoon and escape to your happy place.

Easy to quit when one is a millionaire.

• Like 2

Just now, GoatBeard said:

So hes not entitled to change his profession? If I quit my job at the coal mine because  devel OP ping black lung, that doesnt make me a quitter.

He can definitely change his profession. Just like you and I can the proper way. By putting our 2 weeks in or in my case giving enough notice to finish big projects. 

If you walk out of a job with no notice you are a quitter.

If you quit the job properly because there is a risk to your health then you are a smart individual.  This is t rocket science lol.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IMO Jacoby will do fine with this OL and supporting staff

Well we all knew this was going to be an important year for Jacoby to prove he could be a NFL starter.  We just didn’t think it would be for the Colts.  IMO while not a franchise QB you can win with Brissett and swapping Dorset for Brissett might turn out to be the biggest move Ballard ever made.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

So hes not entitled to change his profession? If I quit my job at the coal mine because I'm developing black lung, that doesnt make me a quitter.

Yeah I bet you've really suffered, probably due to your own stupidity, but that doesnt count.

Sorry just had to add. I find it hilarious as you berate me for "calling luck a name" while you assume my "stupidity" and name calling. 

Lol funny stuff. 

• Like 1