Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning To The Titans? [Merge]

tfunky14

You may be right but it was speculated on NFL.com that they were going to look at another player.

Speculation is a fancy way to assume, and you know what that does......lol!

Now ESPN says what you did, I give up and am going to wait like I should have in the beginning

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt blame him for go to Tenn. He is a god down there like he is here. They never booed him for playing for the Colts. I know that is a different situation, but they loved him even though he torched their team for a decade. I would hate to see him play us twice a year for the next 3 or 4 years, but that is the what can happen when a franchise turns their back on a player.

This could help put a chip on Luck's shoulder too a la Rodgers if he ends up with the Titans.

Then again, possibly Luck won't care. He said to Gruden that he does not think about the QB much before a game. He worries about their D.

Judging by the Titans forum, not ALL of them are thrilled by the idea. They have their young QB of the future and think their owner is nuts.

Cards/Broncos/Dolphins fans seem to be getting a bit antsy and wanting a decision asap.

Judging by the Titans forum, not ALL of them are thrilled by the idea. They have their young QB of the future and think their owner is nuts.

Cards/Broncos/Dolphins fans seem to be getting a bit antsy and wanting a decision asap.

Their owner is nuts, but that has nothing to do with the Peyton Manning deal.

Their owner is nuts, but that has nothing to do with the Peyton Manning deal.

Some of them think it is nutsy to sign Peyton considering they spend a first rounder on a QB last year.

For many of their fans it might come down to the money. There are rumors now that money is a bigger factor in the Manning chase then originally thought to be.

If he ends up in Tennessee the Colts are playing for 3rd place at best until he retires.

3rd place, we will only win 3 games for the next 5 to 7 years. Irsay gutted the team for money last place in our devision that's where we will be for the next 5 to 7 years then irsay will move out over night.

3rd place, we will only win 3 games for the next 5 to 7 years. Irsay gutted the team for money last place in our devision that's where we will be for the next 5 to 7 years then irsay will move out over night.

No the Colts let those players go because they were hurt all the time and their performance on the field was not even close to matching what they were getting paid.

I said the same thing and a member who I won't name said I lacked knowledge and the titans wouldn't even look at him. Funny cause the guy who said I lacked knowledge said texans 49ers or ravens lmao. Anyways I think PM would be good for either titans or broncos. If he goes to the titans locker can learn from pm for a few years. The broncos are a qb away from being a real super bowl contender so I think that would be best for him.

You guys think if he goes to the titans it could hurt his legacy as a colt much like Favre going to the Vikings??

I said that because obviously they are the three best places he could play and win. Can't win in Tennessee..

TN actually finished with a better regular season record then Denver last year even though they won a playoff game and got in.

Denver feasted on a lot of crap teams and got lucky. The West can be horrible though so you never know if 8 wins is enough to win the division.

I think this Titans stuff is just a leverage thing with contract talks. Manning is going to Arizona or Denver. Arizona makes the most sense with QB coach and all. However, Denver is in the afc. Does relationship triumph over the whole wanting to be in the afc debate?

I think it does, because otherwise he wouldn't talk to an nfc team.

Its Arizona

I respectfully disagree Peyton's going to Denver IMO. With Peyton, it's all about the offensive line & the Broncos have a better defense & o-line. Plus, John Elway & John Fox will protect Peyton with a reliable running game.

The players released got their signing bonuses long ago. He didn't get any money. It did free up cap space for next year to get players who aren't on the downside of their careers or have been injured.

You also might need a little education on why BOB Irsay moved the Colts and why it was done in the middle of the night. He was trying to get some much needed renovations done to Memorial Stadium. As part of those negotiations he threatened to move if they weren't done. One branch of the Maryland legislature passed a bill that would have taken the Colts from him. As a result of that he moved the Colts before they could take the team from him. Mistakes were made by both BOB Irsay and Baltimore in the negotiations, but you can't fully blame BOB from moving them before they were taken away.

Peyton played ball at UT. His wife is from Memphis. His dad played with Coach Munchak. I think he already has a house on the lake in Middle TN somewhere. They have the second most cap space (Denver has the most) of teams which are on his list. Got a few weapons around him (Britt and CJ). Titans allowed the 2nd fewest sacks last year and are going to bring in Hutchinson to help provide more protection. It is also rumored that Mario Williams is waiting for Peyton to sign, so he can sign with the titans as well. Only time will tell.

I think Miami is out given they traded Brandon Marshall right after the meeting, and dont quite have a lot of cap to bring in any real weapons.

Arizona is out given they are already over the cap. So, its really between Denver, TN and probably some other team we dont really know about like the 49ers (why havent they signed Alex Smith)?

Peyton played ball at UT. His wife is from Memphis. His dad played with Coach Munchak. I think he already has a house on the lake in Middle TN somewhere. They have the second most cap space (Denver has the most) of teams which are on his list. Got a few weapons around him (Britt and CJ). Titans allowed the 2nd fewest sacks last year and are going to bring in Hutchinson to help provide more protection. It is also rumored that Mario Williams is waiting for Peyton to sign, so he can sign with the titans as well. Only time will tell.

I think Miami is out given they traded Brandon Marshall right after the meeting, and dont quite have a lot of cap to bring in any real weapons.

Arizona is out given they are already over the cap. So, its really between Denver, TN and probably some other team we dont really know about like the 49ers (why havent they signed Alex Smith)?

This isn't true.

Mario is waiting to see if Peyton DOESN'T sign with Tennessee, cause they have stated if they can't land Manning, they're going hard after Mario.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/14/titans-can-offer-football-life-after-retirement-for-manning/?module=HP11_hot_topics

It could be what the Titans can offer Peyton Manning after his career is done that becomes Tennessee’s ace in the hole.

Titans owner Bud Adams is not in Wednesday’s meeting with Manning at team headquarters, but he’s made it clear he’ll do whatever it takes to land the quarterback. That includes a blank check financially, and a promise Manning could be part of the Tennessee Titans’ organization after his playing days are through.

Manning is not the type of guy who wants to be a media personality after he retires. He loves the game and might want a management role with a team.

The Titans can offer this. The Broncos, who already have John Elway entrenched in an executive decision-making position, cannot.

That might be at the heart of Tennessee’s sales pitch.

I don't think the media knows anything about what Peyton is thinking.

Myself, I think that it has to be between Denver and Arizona. Denver due to the cap space and pieces already in place. Arizona because he is already friends with the head coach and there is that Fitzgerald guy.

While I agree Tennessee has a stout OLine, some solid pieces on offense, Britt, CJ2K, Washington, and the young TE.. Their D is horrible at best and lost their two best players.

That is laughable ! Kind of like the kettle calling the skillet black ,Peyton for the most part played all his Colt years with a less than stellar defense. Average at best.

That is laughable ! Kind of like the kettle calling the skillet black ,Peyton for the most part played all his Colt years with a less than stellar defense. Average at best.

I would call it below average that he had in Indy. You must be some laughable Titan fan.

Denver has approximately $40 Million of available cap space, legendary quarterback "Smilin'" John Elway as President, and a current starting quarterback that they need to part ways as smoothly as possible. The money, the "man", and the NEED are all present in Denver. Not to mention they have a pretty good overall team and an easy division. My bet is Denver.

I will BOOOOOOOoooooo Peyton if he takes senile Bud Adams' money and goes to the Titans. I HATE THE TITANS.

Supposedly, Titans team doctor(s) showed up at meeting, and Kenny Britt car seen in parking lot. Peyton finally did leave back to NC, and lots of (Vol fans?) cheered his appearance to head out. But no news from Peyton, nor Titans team. so..... it keeps on keepin' on. ;)

I would call it below average that he had in Indy. You must be some laughable Titan fan.

I was a Colt fan because of Peyton but looks like a soon to be Titan fan. Will make going to and seeing the games a lot easier and cheaper by not having to drive to Indy anymore. Thanks Irsay!

I was a Colt fan because of Peyton but looks like a soon to be Titan fan. Will make going to and seeing the games a lot easier and cheaper by not having to drive to Indy anymore. Thanks Irsay!

**wave** dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. Where peyton signs is of little significance to me and would honestly be even less if he goes to TN. I love himt o death but i am beyond moved on and so stoked for this draft.

I just saw a tweet that Adams offered Manning a deal to keep him in Tennessee for life. I could see Peyton balking a little bit at that. He was pretty clear when he left the Colts that Indy was still home and was going to be home. I could see him saying yeah I wouldn't mind playing for the Titans but I also think the for life part might scare Peyton off a little bit.

1. I think he would want to keep his options over for when his playing days are over.

2. He just had an owner who a year ago made him a promise that he would be a Colt for life and look how that turned out? What happens if in two years when Peyton still wants to play but is clearly not the old Manning anymore and Locker is ready to be the starter? Are they going to move Locker to hold on to Manning for an extra year? I don't know if the Titans can make that promise and given what Peyton just went threw I could see how he might be a little lery of it.

3. It has been reported Miami is all but out of this race and what I saw reported yesterday that drove Miami out of it was the hoopla they made when he just went down there to work out with Wayne. The Titans aren't at that level yet but words like deal for life might scare Peyton off a little bit.

I am guessing on a lot of this stuff because clearly I don't know what kind of contract they offered Peyton and who knows I could be wrong maybe Peyton knows he wants to go into the front office side of things when he's done playing and he sees this as a chance to do it. Maybe the whole line about I am leaving the Colts not the city of Indianapolis was just a line he threw out at his presser to make him look good to the people who love him in Indy. I hope it isn't and I would suspect it's not but who knows it could be.

What would be really sad though is if Peyton doesn't get to come home and retire a Colt. I could be wrong but I think there is even a part of Peyton that wants that and the way Adams is talking I am not sure he would allow that. I heard someone on the radio today talking about Adams and they said he's just one of those guys who isn't used to hearing the word no and tends to get what he wants. I hope this time he doesn't.

the only thing worse than ditching the Colts for the Titans, is to ditch the Colts for the pats. If you're going to leave the fanbase, you might as well go completly to the dark side and root for hoodie.

Guys thus is an NFL general section, he is a Peyton Manning Fan. Guess what, there are plenty more where we came from. Peyton is my favorite player, so I too will follow him. It happens, it happened with people and Michael Jordan. On a serious note I hope it's somewhere he can win and that's not Tennessee!

Guys thus is an NFL general section, he is a Peyton Manning Fan. Guess what, there are plenty more where we came from. Peyton is my favorite player, so I too will follow him. It happens, it happened with people and Michael Jordan. On a serious note I hope it's somewhere he can win and that's not Tennessee!

Titans are not that far away from being a playoff team. They were one play away from it last year...a play that a QB like Manning makes. People forget that Chris Johnson was the top back in the NFL 2 years ago and they have quality receivers that with a QB as Manning they will only get better. He makes everybodys game look better. They are closer to being a SB contender right now than the Colts were when Peyton went there. It would be a great story...him coming back to where he is a legend and taking them to the promise land!!