Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who makes the biggest sophomore jump?

dodsworth

Who makes the biggest sophomore jump?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the biggest sophomore jump?

• Kemoko Turay
    • Tyquan Lewis
    • Nehiem Hines
    • Daurice Fountain
    • Deon Cain
    • Matthew Adams
    • Zaire Franklin

Tough vote for me with Turay and Lewis both could explode on the 

defensive line. Hines will make a jump but like Chloe said, there are extra talented mouths to feed on offense.

Cain was essentially red shirted last year and Fountain has caught

some attention early this year so both guys are wild cards at this 

point.

I think Cain is going to be better than what people are expecting.  I believe it was Kevin Bowen or Holder I listened to who also said Reich had a lot of praise for Fountain during OTAs. But he said Fountain has to contribute on special teams.

• Like 2

Another guy who I want to mention here for a good sophomore campaign may be Jihad Ward.  I think he is going to make some noise at the 3 Tech and I also think he is a good enough athlete to get some sacks of the edge at DE.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Another guy who I want to mention here for a good sophomore campaign may be Jihad Ward.  I think he is going to make some noise at the 3 Tech and I also think he is a good enough athlete to get some sacks of the edge at DE.

He is gonna be good if he can stay on the field.

• Like 1

Well Cain is currently sitting at zero so anything he produces will be considered a huge leap from last year. But considering that's kind of a cop-out answer, I'll go with Turay. He just has unteachable physical tools and more importantly seems to be putting in the work.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Grover Stewart may be the only tackle on the roster that can't 

play edge.

May be able to play some 3 Tech at some point.  I know he was a big pass rusher from the interior at Albany State.  We shall see what happens.

• Like 1

I'll take 3 from the 2018 class....    all lineman....   all in the 2nd round.

Smith, Turay and Lewis.     With Turay perhaps being the most important.   Then Smith and then Lewis.      If those guys can raise their game to be more serious and steady contributors,  then the 2019 Colts will really improve.

Here's hoping....

• Like 2

Kemoko Turay - if he's behind Houston, not betting on him. If he moves behind Sheard, then I'd feel better.

Tyquan Lewis - if he's really moving inside, I just don't see him playing early downs unless he can put on healthy weight.

Nehiem Hines - he'll improve and be a more "planned" part of the O, but we have a lot of weapons.

Daurice Fountain - depends where they put him. If they put him at slot or Z, he'll be competing for spot with Rogers. If they put him at X, he'll be competing for a spot with Pascal. I think he stands a better shot vs Pascal.

Deon Cain - DC is the front runner IMO. Chip on his shoulder, but we really need a prototype X, and he could be it if he returns to form.

Matthew Adams - he's behind Leonard. Going to be hard.

Zaire Franklin - he plays SAM, which we don't use that much. And could be competing with Banogu.... 

33 minutes ago, TonyBungee said:

I voted for Cain, but don't count out Jordan Wilkins.  I know RB is a little crowded, & Mack appears to be the man, but I really like the way Wilkins runs.  

I forgot to add Wilkins in the poll, he may be a natural for 

the addition of the stretch play this season.

21 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Fountain all the way! 

I’m going Fountain since he only played in 1 game right? Had 1 pass attempt and dropped it so if he catches 2 balls this year, he is already 200% above his stats last season lol. If Fountain makes it through to final roster, I think he has that chance to show what CB said needed to get unlocked from him over time. 

Id make the other option Turay based on his offseason workouts. Sounds like this kid has stayed behind to 100% work on his craft and hone the skill set he has already. 

Hines seems to have already had one heck of a output in his first year and the fact that they added in all the new offensive infusions, I can’t see them isolating as much with Hines as the single outlet player. I see Funch, Campbell, Doyle, Cain and others being equally as opportunistic in outlet options. Add in that CB and Reich want to increase the running abilities, and that just screams Hines role gets diminished a bit. 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:36 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

Well Cain is currently sitting at zero so anything he produces will be considered a huge leap from last year. But considering that's kind of a cop-out answer, I'll go with Turay. He just has unteachable physical tools and more importantly seems to be putting in the work.

Yeah I took that cop-out haha. But if I hadn't have chose Cain, I would've chosen Turay