Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeney

CjMcGirt23

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just an agency group (not sure what happened to Freeney's last agent). They represent people like George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Oprah, Lebron, and DWade among many and they are considered one of the top talent agencies in the world...all according to their Wiki

I think Freeney's last agent died last year and he never hired another one.

correct ... Freeney's agent passed away last year.. I think it was cancer... CAA has players agents .. including Condon... this could be good news for us.. (hopefully his agent is NOT Thomas Condon ) he may want to reconstruct his contract to a less cap hit and it extend it a few years.. Pagano wants to keep him.. he said he wants to stay?? guess his actions will determine his true intentions..

Freeney has signed with the CAA as the Colts try to restructure his contract according to NFL. com

http://blogs.nfl.com..._headline_stack

I want him to restructure the contact and stay with us....as long as Mathis is here

He can play DE in a 3-4...

Our offense is Rice Krispies right now but our defense, with Freeney and Mathis, is not.

WE're set at LB and we have the same 2 corners (for better or worse) that we had last year.

Maybe we signed Mathis because we intended to keep Freeney..?

but many keep forgetting that Pagano wants to do a hybrid 4-3 & 3-4... my understanding is that Pagano wants to use him and Mathis as pass rushers.. I don't understand why he doesn't want to stay and do what he has been doing and with a new trist.. he may like it? unless he wants tp leave because of the whole change of the team

but many keep forgetting that Pagano wants to do a hybrid 4-3 & 3-4... my understanding is that Pagano wants to use him and Mathis as pass rushers.. I don't understand why he doesn't want to stay and do what he has been doing and with a new trist.. he may like it? unless he wants tp leave because of the whole change of the team

You may have hit the nail on the head with the last thing you said.

I'm confused..Can someone explain when Freeney, at 6-1, 270 pounds, cant play end in a 3-4

I get why Mathis (245 lbs) cant but why not Freeney

Basically there is no DE in a 3-4 defense. There is 2 DTs and one NT. Those players typically are HUGE players that are there to take on two lineman. They typically don't make the plays. They take on blockers so the LB make the sacks and the plays. Those LB typically stand up...have to be very versatile. Mathis has the speed and strength and agility to do this...Freeney does not...and Freeney is not exactly a typical DT. He is small and I doubt he is going to be ok with taking on two blockers so others can make plays. I don't know about the hybrid but I if we are able to get value from Freeney being traded I would be all for it. If not he is here one more year. 4-3 defense the lineman play the gaps....3-4 they play over top the other guy. Freeney really doesn't fit the new defense very well.

It's just an agency group (not sure what happened to Freeney's last agent). They represent people like George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Oprah, Lebron, and DWade among many and they are considered one of the top talent agencies in the world...all according to their Wiki

:omg:

May Freeney's soul rest in peace.

RIP Dwight we loved ya!

haha I kid, I kid

Mathis has the speed and strength and agility to do this...Freeney does not...and Freeney is not exactly a typical DT. He is small and I doubt he is going to be ok with taking on two blockers so others can make plays. I don't know about the hybrid but I if we are able to get value from Freeney being traded I would be all for it. If not he is here one more year. 4-3 defense the lineman play the gaps....3-4 they play over top the other guy. Freeney really doesn't fit the new defense very well.

You lost me here... Freeney is not a DT. He ran a sub 4.5 in the combine, and likely can still run a sub 4.6. He had a 37" leap. His measurables were off the charts.

Freeney is in the mold of a Demarcus Ware. The key different is that he is 3 inches shorter.

As far as whether he can stop the run... he's done it, it's simply never been his primary objective. He's been a pass rusher first and foremost.

I would like to think he can fit this scheme. He'd be pass rushing mostly, and would be called on to do other things from time to time. In any case, Freeney is every bit the athlete the Mathis is, and then some.

FYI - Only 40 time I can find for Mathis is a 4.67 (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=59516&draftyear=2003&genpos=OLB)

So no, Mathis is not faster than Freeney.

You lost me here... Freeney is not a DT. He ran a sub 4.5 in the combine, and likely can still run a sub 4.6. He had a 37" leap. His measurables were off the charts.

Freeney is in the mold of a Demarcus Ware. The key different is that he is 3 inches shorter.

As far as whether he can stop the run... he's done it, it's simply never been his primary objective. He's been a pass rusher first and foremost.

I would like to think he can fit this scheme. He'd be pass rushing mostly, and would be called on to do other things from time to time. In any case, Freeney is every bit the athlete the Mathis is, and then some.

FYI - Only 40 time I can find for Mathis is a 4.67 (http://www.nfldrafts...2003&genpos=OLB)

So no, Mathis is not faster than Freeney.

But 18 million is a heck of a lot of money to pay someone for one year. :barf:

According to John Clayton and La Canfora Freeney won't be traded nor released. He is going to stay a Colt for his final year.

pretty sure they said he wouldn't be traded. Didn't say anything about not being released. you have a quote?