Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you take?

These guys are the best of what is available with our first pick (assuming all the good value D linemen are taken). Who do you take?

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

Johnathan Abram, S, Miss. State

17 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

These guys are the best of what is available with our first pick (assuming all the good value D linemen are taken). Who do you take?

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

I dislike Greedy because of his refusal to do certain drills at the combine. Abram, we can get in the early 2nd, IMO. Cody Ford I love, but I'm not sure if he'd start for us, and he can't play LT I don't believe if Constanzo retires and I don't trust Braden Smith to do it.

The other 3 would all be great. Murphy and Bush are my choices, but I'd be happy with Fant as well.

• Like 1

I think I go with Bush. I like all of those guys...but I think Bush has the upside AND makes the biggest impact. Imagine Leonard and Bush as a LB duo for the next 4-5 years.

If Fant was Hockenson...then it gets tough. Something about me just wouldn't allow me to pass up the chance to draft a Travis Kelce or George Kittle. They are absolute game changers.

Ford is also interesting...because of the upside. But I really don't want to invest any more 1st round picks on the OL.

17 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Devin Bush, followed by a SS and WR in Rd 2. 

That's what I would want to do. But it's hard to get past the DL need...even if the talent isn't there. I really hope the Colts can secure a DL player or two before the draft to have that flexibility.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

That's what I would want to do. But it's hard to get past the DL need...even if the talent isn't there. I really hope the Colts can secure a DL player or two before the draft to have that flexibility.

Honestly, I don't care who Ballard takes in the 1st Rd, just as long as he gets a productive player.

I'm anxious to see how Ballard fairs drafting in the back half of each Rd, opposed to drafting earlier in each Rd. With a potential lack of activity in FA, he's going to need to nail another draft.

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

I think they will take the player who gives the biggest discount. Lol!

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

If our staff thinks Bush can play the Mike,  then I think the choice is Devin Bush all day long.   It's a front-7 position on defense. 

But if the staff doesn't think he can be a Mike,  then I'm really not sure....

But I'd throw out a vote for DL Jeffrey Simmons who will likely miss all of 2019.   I'd be happy to wait until 2020 to get him on our team and on the field.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

I would take Abram.

22 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

There should be a DL STILL available......that isnt on this list......... by 26 

I dont see Tillary being taken before our pick (I want Tillary at 26)

But to me......... BUSH...... by a MILE

I see him as a sideline-to-sideline tackling machine.... at MLB

he can blitz and cover ( though maybe a tad short) 

Also........ if something happens to our WSLB, he can play that role as well

• Like 2

Bush would be BPA here but I'm not sure where the Colts would play him in the base defense if they don't view him as a Mike as mentioned above. Abram fits this defense perfectly at SS though.

My preferred course of action though would be Tillery at 26 and Chauncy Gardner-Johnson at 34.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MPStack said:

Honestly, I don't care who Ballard takes in the 1st Rd, just as long as he gets a productive player.

I'm anxious to see how Ballard fairs drafting in the back half of each Rd, opposed to drafting earlier in each Rd. With a potential lack of activity in FA, he's going to need to nail another draft.

Bush and take a look at Fant if Doyle's prognosis is questionable. But haven't really done YouTube'ing the draft yet. Lol

Well in '16 Ballard drafted in the middle of each round and that draft class was unspectacular. 

I think our  3 picks in the first 59 will be huge and will determine if the draft is successful or not. 

I know it will be expensive but wouldn't mind him trading up to get a playmaker, especially a Edge.

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well in '16 Ballard drafted in the middle of each round and that draft class was unspectacular. 

2017 draft produced 4 starters possibly 5 as Stewart is the only NT on the roster plus a key backup in Hairston. That's an above average draft. 2018 is not the norm. It'll be impossible to replicate that year after year, hitting on 50% of your picks is generally considered really good.

Personally, I love the idea of another rangy linebacker to pair with Leonard and solidify the middle of the D for a decade.

Despite it not so much being a position of need, I have a suspicion that if Noah Fant is there at #26 he will be "the guy."