This Is A/n _____ Time To Be A Colts Fan

Jim in NYC

This is a/n _______ time to be a Colts fan  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Fill in the blank

• exciting
    • scary
    • both

This season will definitely be interesting. I'm excited to see how it goes.

I may or may not start to get excited about the "new" colts after the draft. Until a few days ago I was falsely excited for the change. Probably part of my internal coping mechanism.....dunno. Right now I just don't care.

Manning said "nothing lasts forever" .... in his "EXIT" speech.

And it does not. The Colts were winning on "borrowed time" ...

PM seen it .... and he is GONE. Looking at the state of "this" team right ;now.. Do any of you, or did any of you seriously expect Manning to be back?

And any Chicken chiz fan who gets upset because his Peyton jersey is now "insignificant" and then has to come out and ask a "fanbase" if they are ready to be a Colt fan?

Aint NO Colt Fan.

The right word is "uncertain". It is an uncertain time with so many variables and unknowns right now, for the present and future.

Right... the status quo in the NFL has a shelf life of about ... what... 5 years at best? The Colts ran over the AFC South for ... "how many years?....

Some who are crying were not out of the craddle when the "run" started.

Time for a new one.

I may or may not start to get excited about the "new" colts after the draft. Until a few days ago I was falsely excited for the change. Probably part of my internal coping mechanism.....dunno. Right now I just don't care.

Well that just summed it up for me to. I don't think I could have typed it better myself.

Exciting! It's sad to see some of our favourites go, but it's a part of business and a part life. In life, your going to lose the things and people you love and you must find a way to move on from it. Same situation here, but in this situation, the future is bright. We have new QB who's great and we have a new young team, something you couldn't say before last year. This is an exciting time for Colts fans.

This is an exciting time to be a Colts fan! I know it's difficult to watch our beloved players leave and go elsewhere, but as I have said on Colts.com players cannot play forever. Likewise, if we want to continue to win for the next decade then we have to let these players go and bring in new talent. We cannot run the horse into the ground (pun intended), and then expect to continue to win. Sadly, the time to make the move is now. Tough? Most definitely. Easy? Definitely not! But I am excited with what Grigson and Pagano can do. I will forever love the players that gave us so many great memories, but I will fully embrace the new players we bring in. Let the new era of Colts football begin!

I became a Colts fan when Marshall Faulk was drafted. Being a fan of any team has it's ups and down and we have been on the up for quite a while now. It sucks that reality has to slap us in the face and we have to take some lumps for a few years but all in all I think we will be fine.

We had Harbaugh he got us to the playoffs and he was let go for Peyton Manning.. a college kid. We are winning why do this?

We had Marshall Faulk, the best RB in the league but we let him go for a kid in college, Edgerrin James. That worked out well, of course losing him for Addai was never high on my list

A number of things have been done to this tea over the years and we as fans have moved on. We will be okay and we just need to stay positive and cheer on our Colts... even though a lot of faces are new.

I voted and I am excited.. but scared, but I couldn't vote twice.

Definitely exciting. This is the biggest change in 14 years, looking ahead to a new future. This is an exciting time for true Colts fan that support their team. Will be a rough slow start, but exciting to see it build and grow as it did once before. Wish nothing but the best including a Super bowl for Peyton, but the change was necessary and right. Hopefully he gets his Super Bowl again in the next year or two, gets it done and out of the way so we can return and get another one for the city.