Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown? Doubt it.

John Waylon

44 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

2. Ballard - and those who understand him.

And that doesn't necessarily mean you agree with everything he does, or his entire approach. But there's no sense trying to talk yourself into believe that he's going to make a move for Brown or Bell when he's all but saying 'I'm not going to make a move for Brown or Bell.' 

• Like 3

You know what the funny part is? The Brown and Bell criers will avoid this thread like the plague and continue to pine for Brown and Bell in other threads. Too much logic, truth, and reasoning here for them. 

Plus it gives them something to + about in the spring when those guys still aren’t on our team. :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

You know what the funny part is? The Brown and Bell criers will avoid this thread like the plague and continue to pine for Brown and Bell in other threads. Too much logic, truth, and reasoning here for them. 

Plus it gives them something to + about in the spring when those guys still aren’t on our team. :dunno:

They might show up here, but they'll ignore the reason and logic and say the same things they've been saying since last year about Bell.

• Like 1

The only way I could see Ballard bringing  either of them in is he would have to have extensive interviews and Luck would have to be ok with it. If he did bring him in I would Trust Ballard feels he won’t be a disruption in the locker room and blow this team up.  I am just not seeing it though. I thought I read Brown is TY best friend. Ty grew up a lot these last couple of years as a leader. Maybe he could be a good influence. 

56 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

God forbid we get 2 guys on this team that know how to win, have been to plenty of playoffs experience, at the top of their positions every year, and have a SB. No, that won't  help us win.

1. Neither of them have a SB. Brown played in a SB as a rookie in 2010 but lost. He had one cach for 1 yard in that game.

2. T.Y. Hilton has similar experience (only 2 games less), has same record and better yards/game stats in the playoffs than Brown. And Brown will turn 31 before the next season starts.

3. Bell has played in 4 playoff games in his carreer. He had 2 good games and 2 meh games, he won 2 and lost 2. Marlon Mack has 2 playoff games and he had one good and 1 meh/bad games, he won 1 and lost one.

I'm not saying Mack is as good as Bell. (Brown on the other side is not THAT good imo.) But anyway, if you look for experience and playoffs production, we already have those types of guys. A bit less production yet, but they are younger, and much cheaper. And neither of them are divas.

(Btw, imagine Brown being in our locker room, earning much more than Hilton, and complaining about lack of targets. No, thanks.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I feel like there are 2 types of people:

1. People on this forum that want Bell/Brown type of signing.

3. The people who want everyone signed, locker room cancer, washed up player, drug addict, wife beater you name it.. Lol

1 hour ago, aavmarine said:

God forbid we get 2 guys on this team that know how to win, have been to plenty of playoffs experience, at the top of their positions every year, and have a SB. No, that won't  help us win.

Ballard will do whats best for the team & build the team primarily thru the draft he will not pay big for veterans & they would not be cheap & they are not needed in Indy . 

14 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

1. Neither of them have a SB. Brown played in a SB as a rookie in 2010 but lost. He had one cach for 1 yard in that game.

2. T.Y. Hilton has similar experience (only 2 games less), has same record and better yards/game stats in the playoffs than Brown. And Brown will turn 31 before the next season starts.

3. Bell has played in 4 playoff games in his carreer. He had 2 good games and 2 meh games, he won 2 and lost 2. Marlon Mack has 2 playoff games and he had one good and 1 meh/bad games, he won 1 and lost one.

I'm not saying Mack is as good as Bell. (Brown on the other side is not THAT good imo.) But anyway, if you look for experience and playoffs production, we already have those types of guys. A bit less production yet, but they are younger, and much cheaper. And neither of them are divas.

(Btw, imagine Brown being in our locker room, earning much more than Hilton, and complaining about lack of targets. No, thanks.)

I was sort of following along, until the bolded. Um, yes he is. He isn’t coming here, and I’m ok with that, but he is one of the best WR’s playing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Doesn’t seem very likely that Ballard would say this and then spend draft picks on a guy like Brown. Probably ought a mothball that talk now. 

Very few actually thought he would. Fans are crazy and would trade the next 20 years worth of picks every time a semi big to big name comes up. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I was sort of following along, until the bolded. Um, yes he is. He isn’t coming here, and I’m ok with that, but he is one of the best WR’s playing.

I should've been more precise how i meant THAT good. I often see people talking about him as one of the best receiver ever. I think THAT is overstatement. He is one of the best of his time, but definitely not one of the best ever.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

We all know this.

A.Brown is going to the Titans.

L.Bell is going to the Texans.

oh. And some other stud will land in the Jags hands somehow also. Lol

Close, I think if anything, the Texans go after Brown. Jacksonville goes after Bell. 

continue to build the O and D line through the draft,  pickup a younger WR RB through FA or draft , all the better.  But there's a bunch of other positions to fill / round out too.  Can't blow the entire pocket book on a couple players. Go young, achilles only last so long.

4 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I feel like there are 2 types of people:

1. People on this forum that want Bell/Brown type of signing.

Ballard was part of chiefs staff that brought in less than choir boys. And here he's brought in Jalen Collins. 

Maybe it's more of a issue of the money that a Brown/Bell would want?

But this team needs speedy playmakers to be brought in. It doesn't have to be Brown/Bell, but definitely some.

I do think if you build a great locker room with leadership a guy like brown probably wouldn’t cause many problems. And word is TY is one of his best friends. Plus who knows the real story that happens in Pittsburg.

Big Ben is a hot head. I am sure that is why they clashed. Luck is more laid back and would probably work well with him.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I do think if you build a great locker room with leadership a guy like brown probably wouldn’t cause many problems. And word is TY is one of his best friends. Plus who knows the real story that happens in Pittsburg.

Big Ben is a hot head. I am sure that is why they clashed. Luck is more laid back and would probably work well with him.

My wife doesn’t know anything about sports but is really good at reading people and she thinks....oh never mind.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ballard was part of chiefs staff that brought in less than choir boys. And here he's brought in Jalen Collins. 

Maybe it's more of a issue of the money that a Brown/Bell would want?

But this team needs speedy playmakers to be brought in. It doesn't have to be Brown/Bell, but definitely some.

The Choir Boy thing is blown out of proportion, IMO. Ballard did state that he would take certain players into consideration, even if they had issues in the past. It just depended on the situation.

For Antonio Brown, you would have to give up draft picks and then pay him his salary, which I think is a package too costly, especially at his age. We'd essentially get the down side of his career. 

If we could draft Antonio Brown, I'd be all for it, regardless of his diva attitude. 

Aren't TY and AB childhood friends?  

As far as "lockeroom cancer" talks go, I'm willing to bet Roethlisberger (and possibly management) is the problem with the Steelers.  

It says a lot when your two stud playmakers sit out.

The window to win in the NFL is typically very short. I think the team is pretty much there. I wouldn't be opposed to trading for AB, but that isn't Ballard's style.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Aren't TY and AB childhood friends?  

As far as "lockeroom cancer" talks go, I'm willing to bet Roethlisberger (and possibly management) is the problem with the Steelers.  

It says a lot when your two stud playmakers sit out.

The window to win in the NFL is typically very short. I think the team is pretty much there. I wouldn't be opposed to trading for AB, but that isn't Ballard's style.

I think you are right about Big Ben being a huge problem. He is a hot head.

We need a good fit in FA, someone , who would complement  our current core,  not someone  who would distract from our current philosophy, Somebody who wants to be part of our team

concept , not a player's  who it's about me . I'm the star, in my position, Try always to make me look good. It's always  about me.  win or lose. 

• Like 1