Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown? Doubt it.

John Waylon

Id take Bell over Brown. Bell has mileage sure, but hes 27 compared to Brown who is 31. We already have a smaller WR in his thirties. Bell we can atleast get 3+ good years out of him. It would also cost a lot less to get Bell compared to Brown. The steelers would want multiple 1st round picks imo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And some posters say some players think of Palmer as a Kitty Cat?    Really?     I think any player who thinks of Palmer that way is himself a Kitty Cat if he can't put his name to that.    No name to me equals no credibility.    What Palmer did helps all players and some players take anonymous shots at him?     Bad, bad look.

Just to clarify, since I posted that...

It was a quote from just after Palmer was traded, and the point is that Palmer got plenty of criticism for forcing his way out of Cincinnati. The point is NOT that the criticism was warranted or justified, just that the criticism did in fact happen.

And like you, I don't understand what Carson Palmer has to do with Le'Veon Bell or Antonio Brown, especially as it relates to the Colts. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry but this is 100% false.    The Facebook Live incident happened two years ago.    The Steelers aren't getting rid of a guy for some incident that's two years old.

They're getting rid of Brown for what he's become THIS YEAR.     Pittsburgh is one of THE MOST stable franchises in the NFL.    If they're publicly saying Brown is likely to be traded then he's been a huge problem child for them.     Huge.    The fact that specifics haven't come out is meaningless.  Pittsburgh actions are speaking louder than their words.    Bruce Arians is now calling him a Diva.   Former teammate Emanuel Sanders is calling Brown uo.    This is a mess of HIS making.    It might not be too late to save himself and stay with the franchise.   But he's not acting like a guy who wants to stay.    Brown is a HUGE locker room problem.

stealers as of this year aren’t one of the more “stable” franchises. Brown to me isn’t a problem. The team as a whole is. Just look at the stealing Bell’s shoes out of his locker. Their problems are deeper than some “diva” who was thrown under the bus by his quarterback. He was the only one to stick up for Bell to get paid on that team. Look for more rumors to come. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, a06cc said:

stealers as of this year aren’t one of the more “stable” franchises. Brown to me isn’t a problem. The team as a whole is. Just look at the stealing Bell’s shoes out of his locker. Their problems are deeper than some “diva” who was thrown under the bus by his quarterback. He was the only one to stick up for Bell to get paid on that team. Look for more rumors to come. 

The Steelers do have problems, but none of that changes what Brown himself did.  He threw a fit, walked out, and didn't come back until the game?  

Brown is a problem.

Ballard wants “good dudes”. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/17/colts-g-m-looking-for-good-dudes-this-offseason/

I mean he’s doing everything but coming right out and saying that he won’t bring Brown (or Bell) in.  

On a side note I am supremely disappointed because I was hoping we would make a splash this offseason and sign the legendary, notorious Bad Dudes. Alas. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. 

bad-dudes-1095197.jpeg

Regardless if Bell and Brown are a Bad culture get or not I doubt colts get either one.

The colts have a History of not acquiring High Profile players or  coaches. Those usually go to more 'glamour' teams.

Last one I think was Eric Dickerson. 

So those who are fearful of us acquiring Bell/Brown I would think theres little to worry about.

10 minutes ago, gspdx said:

The Steelers do have problems, but none of that changes what Brown himself did.  He threw a fit, walked out, and didn't come back until the game?  

Brown is a problem.

Again I’m on his side. He threw the fit when the QB blamed him for running a route where the DB was in front of him so he wasn’t open anyways. Second the DT got pushed back by Pouncey right into the interception. I’ve talked to plenty of stealer fans. I live right here in PGH. Ben is by far the worst teammate to them. 

I also don’t want any of them. I’d rather draft our own guys. 

11 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Again I’m on his side. He threw the fit when the QB blamed him for running a route where the DB was in front of him so he wasn’t open anyways. Second the DT got pushed back by Pouncey right into the interception. I’ve talked to plenty of stealer fans. I live right here in PGH. Ben is by far the worst teammate to them. 

I also don’t want any of them. I’d rather draft our own guys. 

I get it.  I wouldn't want Ben either.  But to abandon your team over this says something about you.  Confront Ben? sure.  If you are really upset you leave the practice? Maybe.  To not come back until the day of the game?  Sorry.  No excuse. Grow up.

I don't want any of these guys from the Steelers.

17 hours ago, CR91 said:

Id take Bell over Brown. Bell has mileage sure, but hes 27 compared to Brown who is 31. We already have a smaller WR in his thirties. Bell we can atleast get 3+ good years out of him. It would also cost a lot less to get Bell compared to Brown. The steelers would want multiple 1st round picks imo.

I doubt the Steelers could get one first round pick for Antonio Brown.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I dont think Ballard would trade for Brown. But with Big Ben getting close to retirement what about a trade to Pitt that would involve Brissett. Maybe we wouldn’t have to give up so many draft picks.

I said the same thing somewhere else on this board.  Brissett as part of a package to a QB needy team.  Like to the Giants for OBJ for example.  There are probably a few other examples like that that could be mentioned.  Hopefully Ballard is making a few calls on players he would be interested in acquiring. 

• Like 1

Even if we got a receiver in their early thirties who only maybe has a few great years left that would be ok. Maybe by the time they slowed down we would have someone ready to step in. We need one so bad right now.  We don’t have 3 or 4 years to develop a wide receiver.  I doubt Cain is goinf to be ready. He will play but it will probably be 2 seasons away before he can make a impact.

4 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

This is a non-topic really.  No way Ballard is going to bring either one of these jokers in to this tight locker room.

I agree.  People need something to talk about I guess.  It’s a long off season.  Last year I might have been advocating for signings like this with all our cap money.  However after a year of listening to and observing Ballard, it’s pretty clear that this isn’t a move he is going to make.  He seems to stick to what he says and adding Bell and/or Brown would fly in the face of that.  He won’t risk adding a potential disruptive element to this locker room. He’ll find another less sexy way to give Luck the additional weapons he needs. 

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Even if we got a receiver in their early thirties who only maybe has a few great years left that would be ok. Maybe by the time they slowed down we would have someone ready to step in. We need one so bad right now.  We don’t have 3 or 4 years to develop a wide receiver.  I doubt Cain is goinf to be ready. He will play but it will probably be 2 seasons away before he can make a impact.

Coming back from an ACL, two years sounds like the reasonable expectation for Cain.  At least we hopefully get him on the field next season.

I think Ballard ends up signing one of the unheralded free agents out there who won’t  excite the fan base initially but somehow manages to over perform expectations next season  (kind of like Ebron).   I think he also drafts another WR somewhere in the first 2 rounds to develop.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, NewColtsFan said:

"Burned down Denver's Walls"......??      Hyperbole much?     

You do realize that the walls were so badly damaged that Denver was IN the Super Bowl in several years.    They WON a Super Bowl a few years after that.   The walls were hardly burned down.

There's a difference between being bad at his job -- which McDaniels. clearly was -- and showing bad character.     Would you like to post specifics that demonstrate bad character?    Otherwise.....

Josh McDaniels, for all his baggage,  is a terrific OC.   A terrific play caller.   His skills in this area can not be denied.   And, as you can see from the HC hirings the last few years,   smart offensive minds are in the highest demand.   McDaniels is one of them.    He may have screwed us,  but around the NFL,  someone is going to make him an HC someday.    Whether they will regret it, or have the last laugh is anyone's guess.....

Me?     I'm glad we have Frank Reich.

??? It's not a hyperbole. At all. 

Dude was an immature little brat who wanted things done his way or not at all. Tolerable if you're actually winning, but at 11-17 as the HC? Hell no. Throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines wasn't a good look certainly didn't help his case.

You really caping for this guy? 

11 hours ago, ManningGM said:

??? It's not a hyperbole. At all. 

Dude was an immature little brat who wanted things done his way or not at all. Tolerable if you're actually winning, but at 11-17 as the HC? Hell no. Throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines wasn't a good look certainly didn't help his case.

You really caping for this guy? 

I don't know what "caping" means.....    but McDaniels is a gifted coach.    He was promoted to head coach too soon and it blew up in his face.      Does that sound like "caping"....

But he's going to be a head coach again someday,  and with the right franchise,  he's likely to be a good one.    He's a tremendous offensive mind.    One of the best play callers in football.

As for the video?     That's just a BIG Nothing Burger.    Seriously.    That only happens on every sideline of every game.    Even Colts games.

There's a difference between being bad at your job --- which McDaniels clearly was in Denver,  and having a character problem back then.     As for having things done his way,   gee,  that only happens to EVERY SINGLE HEAD COACH SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME.     SINCE SOMEONE INVENTED FOOTBALL.

I'm sorry this is news to you.    But apparently it is.      OK.