Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We'll be back

CR91

Yeah they gave us a fun solid season and got us a playoff win.

Would have been tough to essentially win 4 straight on the road (Tenn game +3 playoff).

Thankfully not to many huge injuries as well this year. I'm glad about that 

• Like 1

They definitely exceeded expectations but have a very very long way to go.  Seeing Dallas get owned by the Rams with the exception of a terrible penalty by Talib, the Chiefs, Pats, Chargers, the Steelers will be back, Seattle, Saints, Bears, Eagles, this team needs some serious upgrades to compete.  

I hope we can see this start to happen next year but it's going to be extraordinarily tough!  I think they are up for the challenge.  

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

They definitely exceeded expectations but have a very very long way to go.  Seeing Dallas get owned by the Rams with the exception of a terrible penalty by Talib, the Chiefs, Pats, Chargers, the Steelers will be back, Seattle, Saints, Bears, Eagles, this team needs some serious upgrades to compete.  

I hope we can see this start to happen next year but it's going to be extraordinarily tough!  I think they are up for the challenge.  

Every year different,the teams you said are making the playoffs will have older quarterbacks.steelers no brown or bell .

Just now, coltfaninnewyork said:

Every year different,the teams you said are making the playoffs will have older quarterbacks.steelers no brown or bell .

True, but I think the Steelers are going to be a monster next year.  They have James Connor, Ben, Schuster, probably will keep Brown.  After a draft and some potential FA, they're going to be tough.  They'll be back in the championship hunt.  Yes, I hate to say it but they probably will.  

10 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

True, but I think the Steelers are going to be a monster next year.  They have James Connor, Ben, Schuster, probably will keep Brown.  After a draft and some potential FA, they're going to be tough.  They'll be back in the championship hunt.  Yes, I hate to say it but they probably will.  

They will be be a solid team, but I don't know about a "monster" ... If they lose AB than JJSS will have all the D attention I don't know if he will have the same success.  They don't have a ton of cap room for FA. And their division got is getting tougher .. Cleveland isn't 2 auto W's and the Ravens look like the real deal.

The number one thing we needed to accomplish this season was making sure Andrew Luck was okay.

Not only is he healthy, he's had his best season as a pro. Next year, with more weapons, and entire offseason to get better, I think Lucky has an MVP coming up soon...

We have the Quarterback. We have the coach. We have young stars to build around. We've shown we can battle and BEAT the good teams in this league (HOU, DAL, TENN), now we gotta take the next step, and beat the elite teams (KC, NO, LAC).

Looking at our schedule...we'll have tons of opportunites to do that......

The whole squad can be proud of what was achieved this season.  From being predicted to finish last to reaching 2nd week of the playoffs is an amazing achievement.

If it's any consolation, as Andrew Luck fumbled the ball, my first grandchild was born--it's been a huge day for me :thmup:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, esmort said:

They will be be a solid team, but I don't know about a "monster" ... If they lose AB than JJSS will have all the D attention I don't know if he will have the same success.  They don't have a ton of cap room for FA. And their division got is getting tougher .. Cleveland isn't 2 auto W's and the Ravens look like the real deal.

True, but they have the draft.  They could definitely draft a WR if they lose AB.  Doesn't mean he's going to be elite or good, but I feel confident they could be a championship caliber team with with Ben, Schu, Conner, (insert WR or FA), Tomlin (coach) and their D.  I honestly think they'll retain Brown.  

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We have a crazy hard schedule next year.  Getting back to the playoffs is not guaranteed.

I saw where the jags are interested in Flacco. If they get him that makes them ten times better because their d is so good.

I already have a migraine thinking about having to play the friggin’ Steelers again. 

Much like the Chiefs exorcising their demons today, I hope we can end a very horrid streak. I have been waiting a very long time to see us finally beat them...