Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comprehensive Quick thoughts on the Chiefs-Colts and the future....

threeflight

3 hours ago, threeflight said:

Bell can be signed and not hurt the Colts salary cap at all.

AB can be gotten for a 2nd I am guessing.  The 2nd the Colts got last year from the Jets.  You are telling me you wouldn't take AB for that????

Cmon.

I can't stand the character of either of those guys, that's just me, maybe if they were Colts I'd feel different.

The team made great progress this year, this game defines nothing.

The future looks bright.

3 hours ago, threeflight said:

Bell can be signed and not hurt the Colts salary cap at all.

AB can be gotten for a 2nd I am guessing.  The 2nd the Colts got last year from the Jets.  You are telling me you wouldn't take AB for that????

Cmon.

No.    I wouldn't trade pick 34 for Antonio Brown.     AB will be 31 next season.    He's got miles.   How many good AB years do you think he's got left?   

So, he will be 31, and he got himself run off a better team, closer to the SB than the Colts are with his Diva ways.    He's now a locker-room cancer.      

And you want to give up pick 34 for him?     Cmon...

No thanks....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

I can't stand the character of either of those guys, that's just me, maybe if they were Colts I'd feel different.

The team made great progress this year, this game defines nothing.

The future looks bright.

One thing is for sure, I am not saying it has to be those guys, but the Colts need more “stars” on offense.  TY gutted it out on a gimpy ankle and proved he’s a stud WR but their next best weapon is their tightend who does have an issue with drops.  After that their next star on offense is probably Nelson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, threeflight said:

Not true as well.  Read my posts from last week.  I said the same thing.  Luck did not look right the past few weeks.  He is not throwing the ball. He is guiding it.

I was an all city Football player -Qb and safety, all state tennis player, played college tennis, was the starting guard on my HS varsity b ball team for 3 years.  played hockey at a high level since I was 5 and still play, played baseball in college, average 220 even today as a 50  year old bowling.  My father played pro baseball with the Tigers.

I body build and own my own fitness supplement company.

Athletics are in my blood.

I am have played sports since I could walk.

Trust me when I say I know sports.  Not bragging....just stating things as facts.  And there is something wrong with Luck.  

One of the beautiful things about you is that you have no idea --- none at all --- just how wrong you are.    And it typically involves when you start a thread like this one.   Filled with all your usual nonsense.

You confuse playing games with knowing them.     You know Jack.   And you prove it with each thread you start.    How many times have you heard a former athlete on ESPN or NFL Network or local radio,  some media outlet,  and when you're done listening you think....   "That guy is completely wrong.  He doesn't know what he's talking about."     Happens more often then people think.    A lot of athletes don't know what they're talking about.    Again, playing the game doesn't mean you know the game.   Not every athlete can be a coach.   Not every athlete can explain what they just saw.

You're begging for respect.   You're pleading for respect.    You're dying to get respect.    And you're trying way, WAY too hard.      You've accomplished the exact opposite.    Your credibility is pretty much shot. 

You may want to re-think your approach here.    It's not working for you.

That said,  I'll give you this point....    today's game might've been among the worst Luck has played.    Thought he looked like Luck from the first third of the season.    But the part about him regressing since Wk 13 is classic Three Flight.    A bad game vs. J'Ville to be sure.    But the rest of the games have been very good.    A complete misread by you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,  but when they run into facts,  that's where things get sticky.    And the facts are not on your side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That is one of the things that drives me crazy with him.  The high number of batted passes.  He is 6’ friggin 5!  Someone needs to introduce him to a pump fake. Using that from time to time would at least throw off the timing of defensive linemen.  I rarely if ever see Luck do it. 

He did one time that I can remember.  I think one other time too but the one time I remember him doing it is vivid in my mind.

The play?

The pass to Fountain that ended up with him being 10 yards in the open.....in which he then dropped.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

One of the beautiful things about you is that you have no idea --- none at all --- just how wrong you are.    And it typically involves when you start a thread like this one.   Filled with all your usual nonsense.

You confuse playing games with knowing them.     You know Jack.   And you prove it with each thread you start.    How many times have you heard a former athlete on ESPN or NFL Network or local radio,  some media outlet,  and when you're done listening you think....   "That guy is completely wrong.  He doesn't know what he's talking about."     Happens more often then people think.    A lot of athletes don't know what they're talking about.    Again, playing the game doesn't mean you know the game.   Not every athlete can be a coach.   Not every athlete can explain what they just saw.

You're begging for respect.   You're pleading for respect.    You're dying to get respect.    And you're trying way, WAY too hard.      You've accomplished the exact opposite.    Your credibility is pretty much shot. 

You may want to re-think your approach here.    It's not working for you.

That said,  I'll give you this point....    today's game might've been among the worst Luck has played.    Thought he looked like Luck from the first third of the season.    But the part about him regressing since Wk 13 is classic Three Flight.    A bad game vs. J'Ville to be sure.    But the rest of the games have been very good.    A complete misread by you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,  but when they run into facts,  that's where things get sticky.    And the facts are not on your side.

Thanks for your thesis about me.

I take that as a compliment.  :)

• Thanks 1

My top 3 Reasons why we lost in order:

1) Penalties

2) WR group laid an absolute egg

3) Outcoached

Defense played well against the #1 record setting offense, Oline played well with the circumstances, Luck can't force WRs to get open and make catchable catches.

9 hours ago, threeflight said:

You may have a point.

For once I would like to see him show some emotion that does not involve him smiling and helping an opposing player up.

Get mad Andrew.  Show some VIKING moxy.

Sometimes I feel like he in Disney land just happy to be here enough with kissing everyone's butt

Some wanting to trade Andrew Luck and go with Brissett just really is :mindblow:. Andrew just arguably had the best season of his career and was clearly the 3rd best QB in the league this year. Only Mahomes and Brees were better. The guy had 39 TD's and 4500 Yards. He has one bad game and people want him traded. You guys need to slow your roll. This place becomes toxic after a loss. We lost to a better team plain and simple. Without Luck we do not even sniff the Playoffs. Thank God some of you aren't the GM here in Indy. We made the Elite 8 when most people had us stinking at the beginning of the season, we beat Houston and are now Kings of the AFC South again. Pretty good stuff for a so called rebuild year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.    I wouldn't trade pick 34 for Antonio Brown.     AB will be 31 next season.    He's got miles.   How many good AB years do you think he's got left?   

So, he will be 31, and he got himself run off a better team, closer to the SB than the Colts are with his Diva ways.    He's now a locker-room cancer.      

And you want to give up pick 34 for him?     Cmon...

No thanks....

i think ben is the locker room cancer, bell and brown look bad because they have to deal with that *****

ftr i would not trade a high pick for brown, but i would entertain signing bell 

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The play calling was odd at times.  For example early in the game the Colts has a third and short and lined up with an empty backfield when its known the Chiefs weak point coming into the game is stopping the run. 

I was thinking the same thing. The Colts had been so successful moving the chains in 3rd-and-short situations, why now in the playoffs does that suddenly change? Why do we get away from what has worked for the past 11 games?

The amount of disrespect for Andrew and this team, that far surpassed anyones expectations this year, is disgusting.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves if you came to this forum to talk trash about Luck after the season hes had. 

Spread your hate and vitriol somewhere else. If you wanna talk about the struggles this team had yesterday, fine. But to try and warp ONE GAME into some ridiculous narrative about this team being terrible or Andrew being a bad post season QB... you need perspective and you can take your insanity somewhere else. You're embarrassing yourselves. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, smittywerb said:

My top 3 Reasons why we lost in order:

1) Penalties

2) WR group laid an absolute egg

3) Outcoached

Defense played well against the #1 record setting offense, Oline played well with the circumstances, Luck can't force WRs to get open and make catchable catches.

Ah.....better team beat us?!?!?!?

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some wanting to trade Andrew Luck and go with Brissett just really is :mindblow:. Andrew just arguably had the best season of his career and was clearly the 3rd best QB in the league this year. Only Mahomes and Brees were better. The guy had 39 TD's and 4500 Yards. He has one bad game and people want him traded. You guys need to slow your roll. This place becomes toxic after a loss. We lost to a better team plain and simple. Without Luck we do not even sniff the Playoffs. Thank God some of you aren't the GM here in Indy. We made the Elite 8 when most people had us stinking at the beginning of the season, we beat Houston and are now Kings of the AFC South again. Pretty good stuff for a so called rebuild year. 

Sometimes it becomes really hard to block out the trolls and stupidity lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ah.....better team beat us?!?!?!?

Yeah, they are.  But in the playoffs, being the better team doesn't win you games.  We are Colts fan.  If anyone knows that, it's us!  

In the playoffs, being the better prepared and disciplined team usually wins.  We lost because we weren't.  The Pats continue to win because usually they are.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:06 AM, MPStack said:

The proclaiming Mahomes was a god, sums it up for me.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exactly 

I wasn't in the GD thread but I would have been on Mahomes' jock also. That throw where he dropped down three quarters and threw the ball through the line, around a blocker and defender, leading his receiver across the field with a defender right on his hip... that's outrageous. 

Mahomes is a playmaking gun slinger who can make every throw you can imagine, plus some you've never dreamed of... and he doesn't turn the ball over. 

Chiefs are about to have to shell out some serious dough. Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill contracts come up next year. Their already paying Justin Houston and Eric berry top money for their positions. Even with Berry’s injury( lots of dead money if they cut him). So we look at this team as our nemesis over the next few years but they have a lot invested and are about to pay up even more. They can keep only so many.

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

I wasn't in the GD thread but I would have been on Mahomes' jock also. That throw where he dropped down three quarters and threw the ball through the line, around a blocker and defender, leading his receiver across the field with a defender right on his hip... that's outrageous. 

Mahomes is a playmaking gun slinger who can make every throw you can imagine, plus some you've never dreamed of... and he doesn't turn the ball over. 

Respecting him is one thing I respect him and think hes good. I'm just not gonna call him the top QB in the game after one season like I've seen some say online tho. I do think he will stay good tho but he will need more than 1 year of production for me to really believe the hype and consider him better than vets with many years of top play that's all. But the poster me and MPStack was talking about was just nonstop on the chiefs jock acting like a closet fan of the whole organization just because we were losing.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, threeflight said:

Not true as well.  Read my posts from last week.  I said the same thing.  Luck did not look right the past few weeks.  He is not throwing the ball. He is guiding it.

I was an all city Football player -Qb and safety, all state tennis player, played college tennis, was the starting guard on my HS varsity b ball team for 3 years.  played hockey at a high level since I was 5 and still play, played baseball in college, average 220 even today as a 50  year old bowling.  My father played pro baseball with the Tigers.

I body build and own my own fitness supplement company.

Athletics are in my blood.

I am have played sports since I could walk.

Trust me when I say I know sports.  Not bragging....just stating things as facts.  And there is something wrong with Luck.  

Nevermind

The better team won the game.  I think it was a classic case of a young team believing the hype and getting knocked back down to reality.  Hopefully, they will remember this game and come back next year with a chip on their shoulder, I truly believe they will.  With a few additions to the team namely at WR, a couple of pass rushers, and DBs we are Super Bowl contenders.  This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons for me as a long time Colts fan in years.  GO COLTS