Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Collinsworth

Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers

8 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

When did I say I was offended?  I've actually stated this was one of the better jobs they've done. 

Why should I have to turn down the TV and listen to the radio instead of putting my opinion on the message board?  As you've said, this is a discussion board, the purpose of the board is to discuss.

And there it is nice and bolded, acting like your the smartest person on the board again.

What are you talking about....?

I’m just stating my opinion, just like you.   So it’s ok when you do it, but not when I do it?   Really?

And by the way...   it’s “you’re” and not “your”.   But there I go again, being so smart...    Sorry,  you made that one too easy....

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really do not have a problem with Joe Buck either, especially his Baseball announcing but people pounce on him like crazy lmao . Jim Nantz is the best IMO, anyone that talks bad about him, they will get this :catfight::sarcasm:

I really do find Nantz annoying.  But I find most announcers annoying....especially after they have been on the air for so many years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What are you talking about....?

I’m just stating my opinion, just like you.   So it’s ok when you do it, but not when I do it?   Really?

And by the way...   it’s “you’re” and not “your”.   But there I go again, being so smart...    Sorry,  you made that one too easy....

LOL.  You clearly stated you know more than everyone one else.  Pretty clear what I am saying.  And as I said, feel free to ignore me if you can't handle the truth of my posts.

17 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

The fact that a number of people are offended doesn’t surprise me.   As I’ve repeatedly stated, this is a passionate fan base...   just not a very well informed.

Also, great job correcting my grammar.  I probably have a couple dangling participles in there you can fix also.  I'm not exactly worried about proof reading and fixing all grammatical errors considering a vast amount of the population uses text, Twitter and other social media site to communicate with one another just fine with all the errors.  If I plan on turning my next post in for a grade I will be more than happy to do a better job of correcting all my errors.  Thanks again for all the wisdom you allow this board to soak up from your vast intelligence.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I really do find Nantz annoying.  But I find most announcers annoying....especially after they have been on the air for so many years.

Nantz is just old and been around for what 30 years or so, so I can see some not liking him. I think he is still great though, he has that even keel voice and doesn't make many mistakes when he announces. 

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I catch myself yelling at the TV when CC calls a game

Side note from TigerTown     

I rarely listen to a network broadcast

I like  your posts, but wth is tigertown?  I feel like we could relate to you more if we knew what the heck your eponymous sig was

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

It sure sounded like he liked Luck to me.  Finally we have some serious killers around him that makes us ferocious in Big Q & Leonard.  We are finally a complete team.  Luck begins his ascension to the mountain top this postseason. 

Yeah it seems like him, Michaels, Dungy, Sharp, Tomlinson and others dropped mutiple Luck elite bombs.  Good to see him get that elite status contrary to what many think.  Easily a top 3-5 QB this year contrary to what Skip might think, even though I almost broke by TV with that INT.

He usually doesn't say a lot of great things about the Colts in the last few years. However, we're a whole new team now. Not to mention we've won the last 9 out of 10 games so of course we're going to get talked up a bit now. Playing Sunday night football definitely helped showcase us to the country more now. 

6 hours ago, BOTT said:

Chris Berman was the worst only because he ran out of breath mid sentence all the time. Super annoying like trying to sleep when someone is snoring.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I hate that guy runs his mouth and half the time doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

While he’s far from my favorite commentator...I’m guessing that since he played in the NFL he does have a clue about what he is talking about...

8 hours ago, Shive said:

He'll have a good piece of info one minute, then completely erroneous one the next. The one that struck out to me tonight was when he said that we have a ton of $$ invested in our OL. No...we have 3 rookie deals, likely a guy at or near vet min, and Costanzo being the only one with a big contract. Now draft capital? Absolutely, but not salary $$'s.

He was talking about high draft picks invested in the O line. Three #1s and a #2. 

• Thanks 1

Collinsworth did say something last night that I hadn't heard before.

He was talking about the Colts head coaching drama of last off-season and about the McD ditching us.  Then, he talked about Vrabel and others interviewing for the HC job, and made a statement that Reich was the only HC candidate that DIDN'T ask about Luck's health, progress, chances of playing in 2018.

Did anyone else hear that last night, or hear that story before?  Do you think that put Reich ahead of the others right away?

I thought it was interesting, and I can see how Ballard would have taken note of that question not being asked by Reich.  Meant he wanted the job whether Luck was  coming back or not.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

He was talking about the Colts head coaching drama of last off-season and about the McD ditching us.  Then, he talked about Vrabel and others interviewing for the HC job, and made a statement that Reich was the only HC candidate that DIDN'T ask about Luck's health, progress, chances of playing in 2018.

Did anyone else hear that last night, or hear that story before?  Do you think that put Reich ahead of the others right away?

I thought it was interesting, and I can see how Ballard would have taken note of that question not being asked by Reich.  Meant he wanted the job whether Luck was  coming back or not.

I had heard it before, just not sure I believe it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Half the time he gets the players names wrong.

I think that’s be a little harder than some think. Not trying to make excuses but roughly 40 guys rotate in and out during a game from both teams, it’s not like the NBA where it’s 8 from each or MLB where it’s the same 9 every game

8 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

LOL.  You clearly stated you know more than everyone one else.  Pretty clear what I am saying.  And as I said, feel free to ignore me if you can't handle the truth of my posts.

Also, great job correcting my grammar.  I probably have a couple dangling participles in there you can fix also.  I'm not exactly worried about proof reading and fixing all grammatical errors considering a vast amount of the population uses text, Twitter and other social media site to communicate with one another just fine with all the errors.  If I plan on turning my next post in for a grade I will be more than happy to do a better job of correcting all my errors.  Thanks again for all the wisdom you allow this board to soak up from your vast intelligence.

No.   I flat out did NOT state I know more than everyone else.   Never ever said that.    Not in this thread or any other thread.    Ever.    Nor would I...

What I did say is this is a passionate fan base, but not a very informed one.   Big difference.   And if you can’t figure that out then I can’t help you. 

The smartest person on this website is Superman.   And he’s first by a wide margin, no one, including me,  is even close.    And there are dozens and dozens of high quality posters here.  I know because I give their posts likes all the time.    I often run out of my daily allotment.    Lots of very smart posters who I learn from daily.   

And I'm sure I’ve given your posts likes.   As I said yesterday, I’m not aware that I have any history of giving you a hard time before yesterday.

Look...  it’s December 31st...    I have no interest in continuing this.   You want me to apologize?    Happy to.    I’m sorry I gave you a hard time.    Really.  We should all be celebrating that our favorite team is IN THE PLAYOFFS!  Couldn’t be happier!   

Lets start the New Year off right.   Let’s out this behind us and focus on the Colts!    

Fair enough?     Hope so....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Reich is the man, he believes he can win with anyone and he has Andrew Luck which makes the Colts super scary. 

3 hours ago, Hoose said:

He was talking about high draft picks invested in the O line. Three #1s and a #2. 

They came back around and talked about that later, but initially his comment was that there's a lot of money invested in our o-line.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As I’ve repeatedly stated, this is a passionate fan base...   just not a very well informed.

I don't appreciate that.  Not well informed compared to what?  Other fanbases?  Or experts that actually work in football?

There's a small number of "drive-by posters" that come off as clueless.

But most of our members know what they're talking about.

Actually, Collinsworth has toned down the distain he has had earlier in his broadcasting career, for the Colts. Decades ago, when he was on " Inside the NFL". He was much more critical of them.

He seemed to really pick on them back then, and even when they had a good stretch of winning games, he would  down play their success. You could see back then, he had a genuine dislike of them.  

One guy I disliked, as a color guy was "Dan Dierdorth" When he got on a tangent, he would just go on and on about it.