Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Collinsworth

Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers

24 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Did anyone have a count on how many times he brought up the Pat's and his new love mahomes?

Yeah.....

And what have the Pats,  and Pat Mahomes ever done to deserve any praise?!?

What's with that guy?

Dear God,  Goodness Gracious....       :facepalm:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah.....

And what have the Pats,  and Pat Mahomes ever done to deserve any praise?!?

What's with that guy?

Dear God,  Goodness Gracious....       :facepalm:

Do you realise how often you try to argue with people?

And to answer your question, nothing is wrong with talking about them but he finds more ways to bring them up than any other commentator. And if you dont like my answer real free to ignore my posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

He's nothing but a talking head. He says stupid stuff just to hear himself talk. I seriously can't stand the guy

he never shuts up... he's like a wind-toy that never un-winds.  he has something planned to say after and during plays and sometimes I just want to watch the game.  but he was prepared and he IS a good announcer....just not my style.  give me madden every game.

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

he never shuts up... he's like a wind-toy that never un-winds.  he has something planned to say after and during plays and sometimes I just want to watch the game.  but he was prepared and he IS a good announcer....just not my style.  give me madden every game.

His job is to talk between plays. Literally. That's what he's there for. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it’s Cris Colinsworth or the mainstream media although I’m not a fan of his either way. 

They clearly thought Derick Henry was going to run all over the Colts defense like they were the Colts defense of old. Not the case. I mean they had a train graphic to go with all of the Henry references. The guy started like half way through the season.

We weren’t sure if Andrew Luck was ever going to play football again at the beginning of the season, yet Henry was the focus? Barely mention of Lucks CPOY/MVP caliber season OR Leonard’s ridiculous play. Glad to come away with the win to let the play on the field do the talking albeit in a sloppy win, a win none the less. 

14 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

That literally his job.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I didn’t noticed it if he did.  I have no love for Collinsworth but he was dialed in on this game tonight I thought.

I actually thought it was one of his better games he has called.  I think most of the Pat's connections he made tonight were semi acceptable in terms of connections like vinny, vrabel, and Dion Lewis.  But at the same time that is what he does, looks for reasons to bring of the pats.

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I actually thought it was one of his better games he has called.  I think most of the Pat's connections he made tonight were semi acceptable in terms of connections like vinny, vrabel, and Dion Lewis.  But at the same time that is what he does, looks for reasons to bring of the pats.

Yeah but like you said it was legit tonight, I know what you mean though, there are times he forces it.  The only thing he said tonight that I thought was forced was the line about vrabel taking away your top two options in the red zone like New England.  Other than that I thought he was fine tonight.  I agree it was one of his better games.  I am no fan of his but I’ll give the devil his due tonight.

He'll have a good piece of info one minute, then completely erroneous one the next. The one that struck out to me tonight was when he said that we have a ton of $$ invested in our OL. No...we have 3 rookie deals, likely a guy at or near vet min, and Costanzo being the only one with a big contract. Now draft capital? Absolutely, but not salary $$'s.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah but like you said it was legit tonight, I know what you mean though, there are times he forces it.  The only thing he said tonight that I thought was forced was the line about vrabel taking away your top two options in the red zone like New England.  Other than that I thought he was fine tonight.  I agree it was one of his better games.  I am no fan of his but I’ll give the devil his due tonight.

The only bad thing I would say about the commentators tonight is they talked a bit much about Henry, but considering he is 95% of the Titans offense they didnt have much choice.

they need to reboot the SNF crew...

they need to bring the crowd in when the games get slow or aren't fun (cutting to and talking about Frank and Vrable during there playing days and how many SB's they won isn't what i call insight nor does it show how talented a coach they are. (I'd like to see        more diagrams and dissecting of the plays)

They need to speed up the tempo...(games shouldn't be so slow)

they need to bring in college coaches into the fold as color commentators (it would provide more awareness on what's going on along with seeing some of the up incoming coaches and personnel outside of the game.

The NFL as a whole needs to be less rigid and resistant to change. The NBA is all about making the game better. With the young players and a young audience, they want to grab I'm shocked by some of this old man old school thinking they use. Please remove Chris and Al Micheals from SNF or just any football on TV in general so tired of seeing the combovers and prune-faced know it alls on TV.

he said the Colts have invested a lot of money in their offensive line....then went on to say how Glow and Evan were taken off the street. saying Glow wasnt playing well in Seattle (he wasnt) but who's making tons of money on the oline outside of AC? and his contract is a bargain if you look at it from a team-building standpoint.

58 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Do you realise how often you try to argue with people?

And to answer your question, nothing is wrong with talking about them but he finds more ways to bring them up than any other commentator. And if you dont like my answer real free to ignore my posts.

I just try to point out complete nonsense whenever I find it.

As for you,  I’m completely unaware that I’ve ever given you a hard time.  This is an Internet fans message board,  people disagree all the time.   If you can’t handle it you could try growing thicker skin. 

20 minutes ago, waka waka said:

they need to reboot the SNF crew...

they need to bring the crowd in when the games get slow or aren't fun (cutting to and talking about Frank and Vrable during there playing days and how many SB's they won isn't what i call insight nor does it show how talented a coach they are. (I'd like to see        more diagrams and dissecting of the plays)

They need to speed up the tempo...(games shouldn't be so slow)

they need to bring in college coaches into the fold as color commentators (it would provide more awareness on what's going on along with seeing some of the up incoming coaches and personnel outside of the game.

The NFL as a whole needs to be less rigid and resistant to change. The NBA is all about making the game better. With the young players and a young audience, they want to grab I'm shocked by some of this old man old school thinking they use. Please remove Chris and Al Micheals from SNF or just any football on TV in general so tired of seeing the combovers and prune-faced know it alls on TV.

Announcers aren’t really for diehard fans.  They are for people who are just sorta casual fans, especially the National guys.  

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Announcers aren’t really for diehard fans.  They are for people who are just sorta casual fans, especially the National guys.  

true but this crew is like watching groundhog day every Sunday night... I guess it would be funny if we were Bill Murry but we aren't Bill Murry in this movie just a bystander along for the train wreck. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I just try to point out complete nonsense whenever I find it.

As for you,  I’m completely unaware that I’ve ever given you a hard time.  This is an Internet fans message board,  people disagree all the time.   If you can’t handle it you could try growing thicker skin. 

Nonsense?  I'm sorry my sarcastic post offended you so much, but is it really non sense when everyone in this thread except you knows exactly what Collinsworth does?

Thicker skin? You are the one who is getting defensive when I called you out on what you all ways do.  If you can't handle the truth, feel free to ignore my posts.  I'll still be able to sleep at night.

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

But they shouldn't make watching the game more annoying.  

The best announcers are the ones that know when to shut up.  

Just having game sound is much more enjoyable.  

Get rid of the refs and I think the NFL has a winning product. 

3 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Nonsense?  I'm sorry my sarcastic post offended you so much, but is it really non sense when everyone in this thread except you knows exactly what Collinsworth does?

Thicker skin? You are the one who is getting defensive when I called you out on what you all ways do.  If you can't handle the truth, feel free to ignore my posts.  I'll still be able to sleep at night.

You honestly think I don’t know who and what Chris Collinsworth does?

I just don’t get offended when a broadcaster trying to appeal to a nationwide audience happens to reference one of the most successful franchises in NFL history or talks about the hottest new quarterback in the game.

The fact that a number of people are offended doesn’t surprise me.   As I’ve repeatedly stated, this is a passionate fan base...   just not a very well informed.

If Collinsworth and Michaels bother you so much, turn down the sound and listen to the Colts announcers.   Because on a national level those guys are among the best...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I just don’t get offended when a broadcaster trying to appeal to a nationwide audience happens to reference one of the most successful franchises in NFL history or talks about the hottest new quarterback in the game.

The fact that a number of people are offended doesn’t surprise me.   As I’ve repeatedly stated, this is a passionate fan base...   just not a very well informed.

If Collinsworth and Michaels bother you so much, turn down the sound and listen to the Colts announcers.   Because on a national level those guys are among the best...

I actually like them FWIW and I put down the media alot at times. Al is among the best ever IMO and Collinsworth is very knowledgeable, JMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

When did I say I was offended?  I've actually stated this was one of the better jobs they've done. 

Why should I have to turn down the TV and listen to the radio instead of putting my opinion on the message board?  As you've said, this is a discussion board, the purpose of the board is to discuss.

And there it is nice and bolded, acting like your the smartest person on the board again.