Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans Sunday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• IMO to a huge degree this depends on where you think the team is and what a realistic goal for next season should be? Do we think we are in "win-now" mode? Do we think we are treading water/building up still?    If we think we are still building and waiting on the youth to develop, I'm good with this off-season and it achieves both giving the young players the opportunity to show what they can do, while still securing some base level of performance at key positions (QB) that impact those young players' development.    But if you think we should be contenders right away, this coming season, and if you think we should be competing against KC or Buffalo or hell... even the Bengals/Ravens/Chargers/Raiders/Broncos(?), I think there is a way to go and there are multiple positions that need upgrades and/or depth additions.    At WR in essence we have ONE surefire starting level player. ONE! The rest are all questionmarks to one degree or another. This is in a league that favors teams with multiple high level receiving threats.    At TE we have MAC who is a starter level and questionmarks everywhere else. None of them is proven receiving weapon   At LT - questionamarks?   At CB - past Gilmore and Rodgers, we have all questionmarks on the outside(some might eveninclude Rodgers in the ?-category, but I like him better than that). Depth highly questionable.   I think we need depth additions at DE too... especially when you know how much we rotate players in this scheme.    But again - all this is good if you think we are still in a phase of developing youth and building the roster and we don't have any illusions about this team being ready to contend. I just don't want any leaks coming from Irsay or Ballard telling me they think this team is close(like we had last year), because IMO it's not. 
    • Luck actually has the same amount of playoff wins as Matt Stafford,4. Because Stafford won the SB last year nobody will look at that. Stafford has been in the league since 2009. Look at the team that Stafford was on last year though, it was loaded. Regarding Lucks type of play, he had to play reckless at times otherwise we had no chance of winning. He had to make plays with his legs and arm. The guy took a beating beyond belief. Pee blood and tell me how a laceration of a kidney feels than call me.
    • Yes…. Agreed….   I find most problems in life are rarely “one fault” issues.  They’re often complex with all sorts of factors playing a roll to one degree or another.   Sometimes it’s different problems for different games, depending on the opponent and circumstance.   One size fits all problems and solutions rarely, if ever, work for me.    I’m hungry to get past the mess of last year.   Would like to see something resembling a stable season.  I’ll take our chances if we can just catch a break here and there.  Perhaps fewer injuries?   Perhaps better play calling?   Perhaps a few unexpected performers?   Feels like three straight years of more bad than good.   Perhaps we can get some better luck?   (No pun intended). 
    • Yes….  I’m with you on that point.   Luck felt it was necessary.    There are people here who like to describe Luck by comparing him to Brett Favre and call Luck a Gunslinger.     I always laugh at that, because he was rarely that way in college, where he had a very good run game and better than normal Stanford level defenses to help him.   He rarely gambled.   But that changed in the NFL when he had much less support all around him. 
    • It was a bad scenario but Luck was a very good QB. He isn't a HOFamer but kept us relevant for years. RG3 had a great rookie year but after that he was bust but because of injury. RG seems like a great guy though so I won't bash him but Luck was the better QB.
  • Members

• Miles

Miles 8

• stitches

stitches 11,664

• DynaMike

DynaMike 74

• Mr. Too Proud

Mr. Too Proud 22