Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson

Alex22

We sacked Watson 7 times in our first encounter. We need to do something similar. Send Leonard after him on every pass play, and double team Hopkins and also cover Thomas and Keke. Autry is red-hot right now. Play him a lot, and continuously put pressure on Hopkins. He has a habit of holding on to the ball too long, we can take advantage. Only way we win. They'll be putting the pressure on Luck the same way.

Key to beating the Texans. Score Points and hope Defense creates turnovers.

Key to Colts winning like Texans do. Draft/Sign Playmakers. All of these top notch QB’s have plentiful playmakers on both sides of the ball. The Colts have 3 maybe 4.

29 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Key to beating the Texans. Score Points and hope Defense creates turnovers.

Key to Colts winning like Texans do. Draft/Sign Playmakers. All of these top notch QB’s have plentiful playmakers on both sides of the ball. The Colts have 3 maybe 4.

That's cause they were trash and drafting from the top for so long. You're bound to hit sooner or later

• Like 2

We just got to hold em to a bunch of field goals because they are going to drive the ball on us enough to threaten scoring. And as usual we got to stay away from the gift turnovers. Make more use of Mack on offense. We should be more explosive on O with TY in there. Hopefully Ebron plays.

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I am not too worried about our defense actually.  I don't think we will give up a lot of points.  I am worried about the offense.   Reich said their front seven is better than the Jags.  If they take TY away there is really not much left.  The running game has to get going. 

Do you not recall TY getting injured the last time we played them?  We only had him for a quarter or two.  They still didn't stop us much.   We should be able to run the ball in this one.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Do you not recall TY getting injured the last time we played them?  We only had him for a quarter or two.  They still didn't stop us much.   We should be able to run the ball in this one.

Didn't recall TY getting hurt.   Were we missing Doyle as well?   I hope we can run the ball with our improved line and all.  But we are on the road.  Big difference. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Didn't recall TY getting hurt.   Were we missing Doyle as well?   I hope we can run the ball with our improved line and all.  But we are on the road.  Big difference. 

We play big whenever we play at Reliant.  It's always a good game.

I don't think the road factor is that big.

35 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I am not too worried about our defense actually.  I don't think we will give up a lot of points.  I am worried about the offense.   Reich said their front seven is better than the Jags.  If they take TY away there is really not much left.  The running game has to get going. 

Their front 7 is marginally better but their secondary is worse. Jags shut us down because no one got open. This wont be the same case. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

That's cause they were trash and drafting from the top for so long. You're bound to hit sooner or later

They were not actually. Since 2010, they had only 2 negative season, just like the Colts had.

The Texans are a strange team for me. Their top 5-6 players are probably as good as any teams, but behind them, there is a big gap between their best and the remaining of their roster. So, I don't think they are as good as the real contenders. Their 9-3 record is overarchievement, they won games they should've lost. However, they are way more consistent than the Colts (or the Titans) this year, so they deservedly the team to beat in the south.

(Btw, if the Colts won't make the playoffs, I don't mind if the Texans will. They won't go far, and them making the playoffs will mean O'Brien will stay. :) )

Regarding Watson, he is not a 35+ attempts/game type of QB yet. At least not behind this oline, and with O'Brien. But he is talented, so if they use him the right way (good rushing game, 20-25 attempts/game, taking care of himself), he is a fine game manager, with big play ability. He is a threat.

• Like 1

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We can win this game IF we eliminate getting in 4th & short yardage downs. haha

I would love it if it came down to 4th and 1 at the 5 Yard line and we needed 3 to tie it, but Frank went for the win and got it. Then we can create a Thread = 'Frank the gambling genius gets a huge key win by being aggressive' haha. His aggressive play will not always back fire. I love it to be honest. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love it if it came down to 4th and 1 at the 5 Yard line and we needed 3 to tie it, but Frank went for the win and got it. Then we can create a Thread = 'Frank the gambling genius gets a huge key win by being aggressive' haha. His aggressive play will not always back fire. I love it to be honest. 

It could happen.

But unfortunately, it still wouldn't get back the 2 Losses on our record that shouldn't be there. Which severely hampers our chance for a playoff spot.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We sacked Watson 7 times in our first encounter. We need to do something similar. Send Leonard after him on every pass play, and double team Hopkins and also cover Thomas and Keke. Autry is red-hot right now. Play him a lot, and continuously put pressure on Hopkins. He has a habit of holding on to the ball too long, we can take advantage. Only way we win. They'll be putting the pressure on Luck the same way.

Another key is Autry didn't play in the first meeting if im not mistaken.

7 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

Regarding Watson, he is not a 35+ attempts/game type of QB yet. At least not behind this oline, and with O'Brien. But he is talented, so if they use him the right way (good rushing game, 20-25 attempts/game, taking care of himself), he is a fine game manager, with big play ability. He is a threat.

Watson is a winner

He makes the plays when the game counts

Dangerous player

• Like 1

Just looking over some of these highlights from the previous matchup.  I sort of feel like we ought to pressure him a bit more to take him off of his predetermined reads.  He sort of knows how things are going to play out when we are just sitting back rushing 4 and he's surveying and sitting back waiting for things to open up.   I think we should blitz a bit more than we did in the first match up.  Or do more blitz simulating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was reading Texans message boards, and some of their fans were saying that O'Brien is holding Watson back with his play calling. The team is winning the division and there are some Texan fans who want O'Brien fired. Sound familiar? They were also calling out Romeo Crennel, saying that he didn't know what to do about Hilton. 

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I was reading Texans message boards, and some of their fans were saying that O'Brien is holding Watson back with his play calling. The team is winning the division and there are some Texan fans who want O'Brien fired. Sound familiar? They were also calling out Romeo Crennel, saying that he didn't know what to do about Hilton. 

Joseph just can't handle TY and Reich kept bunching him together with Ebron at times so that caused some issues.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, chad72 said:

I don't think we will give up more than 25 points, the question will be if we can score more than that. 

27-24 Colts, I will take that any day of the week.

Man, I was a FG short but not a win short. :) 

• Like 2

The Texans don't have a good offensive line, but Watson also holds onto the ball too long. 

Wow, that sounds familiar.  

I am impressed with his arm though.   If they could correct the line and teach him to throw the ball away, he'll be fine.  

On 12/8/2018 at 2:57 PM, krunk said:

Just looking over some of these highlights from the previous matchup.  I sort of feel like we ought to pressure him a bit more to take him off of his predetermined reads.  He sort of knows how things are going to play out when we are just sitting back rushing 4 and he's surveying and sitting back waiting for things to open up.   I think we should blitz a bit more than we did in the first match up.  Or do more blitz simulating. 

Good call.  Looks like that is what we did!

• Like 1