Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron/L

Mr.Debonair

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know why you guys keep quoting me.

Because you keep trying to downplay what Ebron is doing and it comes across as childish and petty.

Your same logic could be applied to any player that had an amazing season.

"Yeah Rob Gronkowski had a 'nice' season catching 17 TDs, but he's just a tall fast receiver.  He didn't have to face a #1 CB every play."

• Like 6

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

But we don't really use him as a TE....we dont ask him to block anything but DBs.

he's actually playing WR ..he's just a very tall one.

And 'telegraph what we're doing" ?  Sure we do. We're throwing 35-40 times a game and every body knows it

Ebron is the Chris Carter of tight ends........all he does is catch touchdowns.

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know why you guys keep quoting me.  I think Ebron is a nice receiver to have and was a good pickup since the guys we had last year were not the same quality.

I'm simply saying that I put him in the receiver statistics bucket.  And realize if I then compare him to other receivers its not like he's Julio Jones who gets his stats from going up against the #1 CB.  I assume TY draws that guy.

He has more tds than Julio on far fewer snaps.   You love to be wrong.   Haha

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

you would be correct, Ebron gets his stats regardless of whether they match up a #1 or 2 CB, or a #1 or 2 LB, or a #1 or 2 safety on him..... that's the great part, he can beat any position 1 on 1.....  it doesn't matter if you think he has an unfair advantage or not, as long as he scores TD's.... I am guessing no Colts coaches are losing sleep over your style of semantic argument..

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure it makes me feel better...   being accurate is important to me.

And it’s important to Ballard too.   This is his view as well...

awesome!  that aside, DougDew sounds a lot like DD...... lmbo

49 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

We figured out how to use Ebron.   He's a heck of a weapon in the red zone.

But I would say it is a mistake to make him an every down tight end.

A bust for a first round pick.  But he is productive if you use him right.

he is not a bust any longer, any first rounder getting 10 plus TD's is a solid guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I'm simply saying that I put him in the receiver statistics bucket.  And realize if I then compare him to other receivers its not like he's Julio Jones who gets his stats from going up against the #1 CB.  I assume TY draws that guy.

Your argument is invalid. This matter has been contested and a legal precedent has been set. TEs are not WRs. 

21 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Your argument is invalid. This matter has been contested and a legal precedent has been set. TEs are not WRs. 

Oh boy.   Now you have really triggered him.    Don't you know any tall person can do what Ebron is doing.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ebron has nothing short of excellent this year as a receiver and a red zone threat. Worth every penny, and has carried this team at times. Might be the top FA pickup for any team this year.

Coming into this season he had 11 career TDs.  He has 11 this year alone.  Career year no doubt.  

Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery to takeoff.  Looks like that is what is happening here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Coming into this season he had 11 career TDs.  He has 11 this year alone.  Career year no doubt.  

Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery to takeoff.  Looks like that is what is happening here.

Agreed. If Ballard can continue to hit on FA with more guys similar to Ebron to go with his drafts, we are in business. Ebron is being used how he is supposed to. If we can find specific scheme fit guys like this that Coach Reich can use from the draft and FA, then we'll be SB contenders in a couple years. Ballard seems to have a nose for both FA and the draft. Ebron is the best FA we've had in the entire Luck era IMO.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. If Ballard can continue to hit on FA with more guys similar to Ebron to go with his drafts, we are in business. Ebron is being used how he is supposed to. If we can find specific scheme fit guys like this that Coach Reich can use from the draft and FA, then we'll be SB contenders in a couple years. Ballard seems to have a nose for both FA and the draft. Ebron is the best FA we've had in the entire Luck era IMO.

Other than re-signing Wayne and Mathis and the countless times they have re-signed A.V. I’d agree and I’d say they don’t really count.  The only other one that comes close is Mike Adams who they just got lucky with because he was signed when they needed a body.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

Not sure why Ebron gets compared to TEs.  I guess because that's where you'd list a tall fast receiver who lines up where he does.  I mean, stats are only relevant if they are placed in some sort of bucket, but there's is a smarter way to look at it.

He's a nice receiver to have.  But other are too.

Took u a while to come up with that defense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

As soon as we signed him I said I liked it and he was our #1 TE. Of course I got flak for that from Doyle's fans.

I was getting flak too for picking Ebron up at the start of the season in both my fantasy leagues. You could see Stafford wasn’t getting the best out of a really good player and also now doing the same with Golladay too imo (picked him up too as a rookie in my dynasty league:D)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

awesome!  that aside, DougDew sounds a lot like DD...... lmbo

he is not a bust any longer, any first rounder getting 10 plus TD's is a solid guy.

You have to look at production outside of TDs too.  He doesn't get many yards because he isn't used much outside of the red zone.

A first round pick you usually want playing every down.  He doesn't do that.

16 hours ago, DougDew said:

Not sure why Ebron gets compared to TEs.  I guess because that's where you'd list a tall fast receiver who lines up where he does.  I mean, stats are only relevant if they are placed in some sort of bucket, but there's is a smarter way to look at it.

He's a nice receiver to have.  But other are too.

I'm guessing this is why.

https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/eric-ebron/

But let's say he's a WR, man what an amazing job by Ballard taking a player that everyone thought was a TE and converting him to a successful and impactful, game winning receiver.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Actually he has 12 TDs... 11 receiving and 1 rushing.  Perhaps we should compare him to running backs as well.

9 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm guessing this is why.

https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/eric-ebron/

But let's say he's a WR, man what an amazing job by Ballard taking a player that everyone thought was a TE and converting him to a successful and impactful, game winning receiver.

If so, Ballard is the one converting him?     

I figured that would be the job of Reich and others.

Wow, Ballard is such a genius he can convert a player too.

But wouldn't that be meddling in the HCs decisions?

I figured that Ebron has the same level of talent he always had, talent that was misused in Detroit. 

I suppose some figure that as soon as Ballard bestowed a contract to him, Ballard's approval now created more talent out of thin air. 

Not only is he a GM, he's a meddling coach, and if needed, can be Gawd too.  LOL.

17 hours ago, DougDew said:

Ebron's a nice receiver.  But many others are too.

Nice?

NO other receiver in the league has more TDs than Ebrons 11.

NO TE has as many TDs.

i dont care where he lines up, the fact is he's one of our best weapons, red zone or not.

he's not a nice player, he's a top-flight "receiver" of the ball who is on a pro-bowl pace and has been highly responsible,imo, for a few wins.  People haps the best FA pickup i can remember for some time. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I figured that Ebron has the same level of talent he always had, talent that was misused in Detroit. 

I suppose some figure that as soon as Ballard bestowed a contract to him, Ballard's approval now created more talent out of thin air. 

Not only is he a GM, he's a meddling coach, and if needed, can be Gawd too.  LOL.

This is why we can’t have nice things Doug.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Nice?

NO other receiver in the league has more TDs than Ebrons 11.

NO TE has as many TDs.

i dont care where he lines up, the fact is he's one of our best weapons, red zone or not.

he's not a nice player, he's a top-flight "receiver" of the ball who is on a pro-bowl pace and has been highly responsible,imo, for a few wins.  People haps the best FA pickup i can remember for some time. 

Dude.  Watch the highlights.  He ran uncontested until he got into the endzone then was taller than every other defender and made the catch.  I mean, is that really very special?  

I assume there was a reason he ran straight ahead uncontested for 15 yards.  Do you think that was a special talent?

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Careful, your ulterior motives are showing.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I assume you mean when I send up my thoughts and others quote them to pick a fight, I should ignore them.   Maybe they should ignore my first post.  

I believe what we have here is a deep-seeded problem with Ballard that is manifesting itself as a chronic Ebron problem.

DrPhil.jpg

Would you be willing to enter a treatment facility for a time so that we can get to the bottom of this and try to heal?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DougDew said:

1st; you are the one questioning why he is compared to TEs and calling him a receiver.

2nd; How do you know he's meddling?  Maybe Reich went up to him and said, "Thanks for signing Ebron but I don't really know how to use him."  To which Ballard responded with, "ok well let's fool the entire NFL, he's been a TE his entire career in college and the NFL and we'll even list him as a TE on the website, official depth chart and in the official starting lineup for every game but we'll use him as a receiver."  To which Reich smiles and says, "That's amazing."

Lastly, to the bolded, you really have no idea what a GM is supposed to do, do you? 

• Like 1

He’s shown much better concentration this year than in the past. Those were 2 HUGE TDs by him yesterday. That last touchdown was a dart. In real time, it looked like he turned around and it was on him. The box out was great athleticism and great concentration to hold onto the ball with the defender wrapped around him.

I love it and I think he deserves the love.

53 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I assume there was a reason he ran straight ahead uncontested for 15 yards.  Do you think that was a special talent?

yes he is a special talent, thats just one play.  hes one of the best red zone receivers in the league.  no need for you to keep questioning his talent 

• Like 2